t'premier leeg.

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
JimbobMaloney

Re: t'premier leeg.

Postby JimbobMaloney » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:03 pm

My imagination or did white mouth a couple of words of Leeds Leeds Leeds?

Devi

Postby Devi » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:23 pm

That is never a red card at Fulham

#fuckVAR
I like it. What is it?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:29 pm

Devi wrote:That is never a red card at Fulham

#fuckVAR

I disagree.

But more importantly, I wish we had that pitch to play on. The speed of the match is twice what ours was. We have to do something about that pudding at Elland Road. It's going to fuck us over, if we can't get it sorted.

Only saw the last 10 of the first half Fulham v Chelsea, but Fulham should have scored what would have been a lovely goal. Shite miss in front of goal by Cavaleiro.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:51 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Devi wrote:That is never a red card at Fulham

#fuckVAR

I disagree.

But more importantly, I wish we had that pitch to play on. The speed of the match is twice what ours was. We have to do something about that pudding at Elland Road. It's going to fuck us over, if we can't get it sorted.

Only saw the last 10 of the first half Fulham v Chelsea, but Fulham should have scored what would have been a lovely goal. Shite miss in front of goal by Cavaleiro.

yeah fulham look decent. i think they've completely changed their defense since this time last year - all 5 of them. ream was their best defender, hector used to be their pontus, the bloke who headed everything away, bryan was decent but robinson from wigan has got his place, odoi was a liability who kept getting a game because he was good going forward. none of them starting today and it's a new keeper.

you've got to give scott parker a bit of credit.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:17 pm

I loathe rooting for Chelsea in any context, but I'm kind of glad they finally scored.
"The supporters, the only thing to them is that they love their club.
The only thing the receive in exchange is emotions.
For this reason, the supporter is the best thing in football." - Marcelo Bielsa

Guildford White

Postby Guildford White » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:56 am

So... which three clubs to go down then?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:50 am

Guildford White wrote:So... which three clubs to go down then?

Sheff gone, nobody currently above Wolves goes down. Beyond that, it’s hard to call. Gut feeling is that Fulham survive and Baggies drop. I think Newcastle are the worst looking side at the minute but they have got a bit of a cushion.
Member of a clique

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:17 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Guildford White wrote:So... which three clubs to go down then?

Sheff gone, nobody currently above Wolves goes down. Beyond that, it’s hard to call. Gut feeling is that Fulham survive and Baggies drop. I think Newcastle are the worst looking side at the minute but they have got a bit of a cushion.

Agree, with Newcastle
, think they could get dragged into it. Blunts gone for me, I think Fulham will be ok and us. West Brom probably in danger with Brighton.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:08 pm

Blunts and West Brom gone, Newcastle are dross but some how already 7 points above the relegation. Fulham or Brighton for me.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:26 pm

If Ndombele meant that it’s a corker.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:38 pm

metalsmurf wrote:If Ndombele meant that it’s a corker.

I reckon he did

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:01 pm

AndyPaul wrote:
metalsmurf wrote:If Ndombele meant that it’s a corker.

I reckon he did

Aye, goal of the season contender.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:20 pm

If we are assuming that we are safe then Blunts are gone, WBA despite their lucky win yesterday look the next most likely.

Newcastle are pretty dreadful but seem to snatch points. Brighton & Fulham both look capable of getting clear of trouble, which leaves Burnley and Palace.

Palace are well enough organised and have enough with Zaha & Eze upfront.

Player for player Burnley are the worst of the rest but have a great team spirit and know what they are about.

Hopefully we can continue to watch from afar.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:51 pm

that thiago at liverpool looks a rather good player.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:53 pm

Pool and and scum serving up poor fare.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:11 pm

I can see Burnley going this season with the blunts and either Fulham or Brighton. Got a feeling massive head will scrap just enough points for wba to stay up.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:45 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Pool and and scum serving up poor fare.

dunno, i found it quite engaging if not entertaining. scum had the best chances to win it in the second half.

i was thinking we've got quite a long way to go before we're as good as either team, maybe a couple of years of the evolution we've had since bielsa came, if we can get a following wind. the thing that impressed me was the lack of obvious mistakes, the passing was crisp, little bits of skill were quickly suffocated, both teams looked very professional.

thiago's right foot is a wand. it was a while ago i was complaining about the lack of top quality passers of the ball in modern football, players who have vision and can really pass it but also had that physical authority to just hold a midfield together and snuff out attacks as well. kalvin looks like this on a good day, but thiago looks the business the couple of times i've watched him.

*i loved george hagi back in the day. his son is now playing for rangers in jockland which was a surprise. he's not as good as his dad.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:54 pm

Ponte wrote:I can see Burnley going this season with the blunts and either Fulham or Brighton. Got a feeling massive head will scrap just enough points for wba to stay up.

I can't see West Brom surviving. Their leading scorer with 3 goals is Pereira - all penalties. Fulham have improved their defence and Brighton have some decent players but Burnley with only 9 goals in 17 games must be in trouble, as goal-less draws will not suffice. So for me it's Blunts, West Brom and (hopefully) Burnley.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:48 pm

De Bruyne is one hell of a player

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:51 pm

metalsmurf wrote:De Bruyne is one hell of a player

True.

Return to “The Square Ball”