Re: t'premier leeg.

Postby Oheddieeddie » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:27 am

My most hated list

1. Thomas Franke
That’s it really

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:34 am

Arnieb wrote:Just been reading the comments on twitter following Gabby Ablonghar's retweet of the square ball podcasts.

Yep he posted a fishing rod. Then a load of villa fans come in saying. "Rent free" and "on strings". Weird weird lot.

How I see it, old Gabby spoke shit before the game, so he must have expected a reaction after we beat them. But rather than take it in good part he has said something more shit (beat them using tactics) and then doubled down on it all. Comes over as a bit unpleasant really.

I find all that ‘banter, lads’ stuff - including what SqB Twitter does, to be honest - a bit tedious really.

But yes, yer man Gabby is clearly on the witless side of things.
Member of a clique

Son of Leeds

Postby Son of Leeds » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:49 am

Son of Leeds wrote:
Oh, West Brom because Slaven is actually quite a droll guy and what have they ever done wrong?

Allowed Jeff Astle to exist?

Good point. Very well made.
Leeds United is ruining my life.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:02 am

eric olthwaite wrote:
Arnieb wrote:Just been reading the comments on twitter following Gabby Ablonghar's retweet of the square ball podcasts.

Yep he posted a fishing rod. Then a load of villa fans come in saying. "Rent free" and "on strings". Weird weird lot.

How I see it, old Gabby spoke shit before the game, so he must have expected a reaction after we beat them. But rather than take it in good part he has said something more shit (beat them using tactics) and then doubled down on it all. Comes over as a bit unpleasant really.

I find all that ‘banter, lads’ stuff - including what SqB Twitter does, to be honest - a bit tedious really.

But yes, yer man Gabby is clearly on the witless side of things.

He is. I guess we'll all have noticed, since our return to the top league, how little fans and pundits seem to know about us, about Bielsa, about the way we play [and its intricacies], and so will have become used to hearing/seeing ignorant, twattish comments from all over the place, dressed up as informed football opinion. When that's the basis for the subsequent 'banter' it's not surprising that it's of shit standard.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:59 pm

Agbonlahor is a thick arrogant cunt. Most Villa fans happily accept this as fact.

Dined out on scoring a few winners in the Brum derby. He has kids by different mothers all over the West Midlands and is just typical of what a lot of people think about modern footballers.

I would imagine that he has never worked out a tactics board in his life.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:18 pm

Would it be too much to hope that Vardy picks up a knock tonight and misses the game on Monday. Based on their performance against Villa, Leicester offer little attacking threat in his absence.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:02 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:Would it be too much to hope that Vardy picks up a knock tonight and misses the game on Monday. Based on their performance against Villa, Leicester offer little attacking threat in his absence.

Definitely going to watch Leicester tonight. Knee-knack for Vardy would be nice.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:17 pm

Vardy diving cunt.
:x
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:28 pm

Long hard season ahead for the blunts I fear.
:mrgreen:

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:39 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Long hard season ahead for the blunts I fear.
:mrgreen:

It’s funny you’d think I’d be looking upwards but I love this result more as it keeps us 9 points ahead and now with a game in hand.

Last season many people said they didn’t want us to go up if it meant we were always fighting for mid table, but the way this Bielsa team play I love it. Mid table or not this year we are handing out some bloody noses!!

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:01 pm

dirty leeds wrote:I guess we'll all have noticed, since our return to the top league, how little fans and pundits seem to know about us, about Bielsa, about the way we play [and its intricacies], and so will have become used to hearing/seeing ignorant, twattish comments from all over the place, dressed up as informed football opinion. When that's the basis for the subsequent 'banter' it's not surprising that it's of shit standard.

I know, crap isn't it. I just hope it appplies to some of the managers too.

I am not surprised TBH - I rarely watch games from Division Two now we've got out of it :bounce:

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:49 pm

After the Blunts went a goal down it still took 30 minutes for them to change it up and get a couple of shots in. They just conceded possesion in Man City's half, horrible to watch.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:27 pm

Blunts are really poor in front of goal - no class and no plan. Last season they had an irritating habit of nicking goals and then getting points from the game. Happily they have lost both tendencies.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:34 pm

Think it's about time Burnley went back to where they belong. Even the word Burnley makes me depressed let alone thinking about the actual town or the club

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:55 pm

Anyone watching Villa v Soton? Hilarious.
0-3 H-T, two splendid free kicks from Ward-Prowse... and it could have been worse.
Soton had a goal disallowed early on and and Matt Cash could easily have been red-carded for a deliberate handball that prevented a goal scoring opportunity. [Soton scored from the free kick anyway.]
Away side totally dominated the match.
Villa look shite.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:23 pm

I like to think we broke them
Keep Fighting

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:24 pm

0-4 now. Screamer from Ings. Southampton look very good.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:25 pm

dirty leeds wrote:0-4 now. Screamer from Ings. Southampton look very good.

I agree with MW, we have turned Villa into relegation foder!
Andymac

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:56 pm

Arnieb wrote:Blunts are really poor in front of goal - no class and no plan. Last season they had an irritating habit of nicking goals and then getting points from the game. Happily they have lost both tendencies.

One of the commentators was saying yesterday that they are missing certain midfielders that last season would win the ball back in midfield and launch the counter. I think Norwood and Lundstrum?!

Norwood injured i think and Lundstrum dropped after refusing a new deal
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:04 pm

Finished 3-4 but it really wasn't as close as that suggests.
Was 1-4 until added time when Villa get a pen after a dive by Grealish. So 2-4 and we get to 10 seconds before full time when Grealish scores from longe range when the goalie is badly placed. So never any danger that Soton would have given even a point away.
Basically they just sat back on their lead and Villa had plenty of attempts without suggesting they'd get more than one goal [until the six mins of added time].
Soton can be got at down the flanks, though.

Return to “The Square Ball”