t'premier leeg.

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Chieftain626

Re: t'premier leeg.

Postby Chieftain626 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:32 pm

Devi wrote:Bloke on 5 live just broke it down differently:
He’s getting £400m a week, approximately £20m a year, or £80m over the 4 years of his contract.
Let’s say he’s “worth” a £50m transfer, which in today’s market is probably about right.
He’d still ‘get’ £10m a year (c £190m a week, from the ‘remaining’ £30m), again in today’s market ‘about right’ (cf other PL players), and the cost to Juve is the same.
The ‘losers’ are a) Arse, who’ve clearly fucked up their business model, and b) Cardiff, who don’t get any sell on fee [Shame! Ed.]
Equally, he’s 28, and has an agent who’s done nothing more than deliver what’s likely one last hurrah.
Yes, the numbers are obscene, but there’s not one of us - or any other player, I’d guess? - would bite this deal off at the shoulder.

No of course don’t blame the player at all, just didn’t know if his performances have been other worldly

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:45 pm

Thats kind of my point. They don't have to have been 'other worldly' for him to end up with the deal he's got.

It's his agent thats other worldly, with the skill to play the transfer game so well.
I like it. What is it?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:46 pm

dirty leeds wrote:It's weird. His injury record is such that I'd be very wary of signing him. He can be very good/effective, but he can also spend large chunks of his seasons in the treatment room. Ridiculous amount of money, either way.

Could see this being an absolute record breaker in terms of £ per minute played.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:57 pm

insane money for a 28 yr old who's just not that good.

according to his wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Ramsey#Honours
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Ram ... statistics

(1) he's scored 64 club goals [in fairness with, afaik, almost no penalties], 40 of those in the league;
(2) he's managed 30 league appearances [including sub] on 3 occasions, the most recent of which was 15/16, before that 12/13;
(3) has never been in the pfa xi;
(4) has twice been POTY for an underachieving arsenal side.

at a fairly conservative estimate there must be at least say 20,30 better currently players than him in the 'FAPL', & his age & injury record only point towards regression from this point.

juve have been sold a pup, massively. i don't really see how they can afford it if FFP is doing its job properly. none of the english clubs, who've seen him week in week out over the last decade, would even dream of putting him on that kind of contract, even though the 'big six' all have higher revenues than juve - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_ ... eague#2019. normally the cost of a big transfer is made up of, what, roughly half fee, half wages, they're paying him £80m total, there's surely no way that an english club would pay a £40m fee/£200k a week/4 yr deal for a guy like that, with no resale value?

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:50 pm

I'd have said he does have a decent resale value for the first 2 years but no fucker is going to match the wages which completely negates that. I've not seen much of him since Wales did well in the euros granted but I'd have thought of him as worth £40m in today's market.

If I've were paying him £200k I'd say both player and club have a decent deal, as it is, Juve have basically paid the going rate for a player under contract except not in a front loaded deal. It'll surely bite in years 3 and 4 unless he turns out to be perfectly suited to Italian football.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:57 pm

jackos wrote:400K A WEEK :shock: :shock:

Aaron Ramsey today signed pre-contract agreement to join Juventus in summer. 28yo penned 4yr deal after passing 2-part medical late Jan. Wales midfielder leaves Arsenal 30 June after 11yrs. Set to become all-time highest-paid GB player (basic salary), just over £400kpw #Juve #AFC

Its lunacy in a way , but obviously works for Juve .
The mad bit is that this in theory ranks Ramsey up there with the likes of Neymar , Messi , Ronaldo , Ibrahimovic and a few more in terms of world stars , which obviously he isn't . He IS very good , but he isn't the to level ......not even Bale standard ...but I guess the important bit is it works for Juve , they are paying no transfer fee, they are at present streets ahead of any other Italian club . I guess no other club would take him on at that wage level though so if it doesn't work for him at Juve , the wage would scare any other club off and Juve end up with a dud ( potentially) . Biggest losers of course are Arsenal ....just don't understand their logic with contracts and players . I wonder what you could do with 400k a week , I think anyone would really struggle after a while to find ways of spending it . You'd end up with all sorts of pointless cars you'd never drive .

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:10 pm

i'll be mildly astonished if he goes on to score/make as many as 40 goals for them [and i don't think he can really defend/is all that in posession], so we're talking well over £2m a pop...

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:18 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:I'd have said he does have a decent resale value for the first 2 years but no fucker is going to match the wages which completely negates that. I've not seen much of him since Wales did well in the euros granted but I'd have thought of him as worth £40m in today's market.

If I've were paying him £200k I'd say both player and club have a decent deal, as it is, Juve have basically paid the going rate for a player under contract except not in a front loaded deal. It'll surely bite in years 3 and 4 unless he turns out to be perfectly suited to Italian football.

By when he’ll be 32 and £80m better off... he won’t need a new deal.
I like it. What is it?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:52 pm

Clacton white wrote:...I wonder what you could do with 400k a week...

the mind boggles.

if i were one of the PL guys who are noticably a fair bit better than him, say eriksen, hazard, de bruyne, salah, kane, pogba, kante, de gea, van dijk, i'd be thinking pretty hard about what i might do with say half as much again, & no doubt on the phone to my agent to enquire how i might go about getting it.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:02 pm

This figure makes a lot more sense, c£250k pw before tax. 'Only' c double what I'd extract an in-contract player at his standard to be getting and as such I suppose fairly reasonable given that he's 'on a Bosman'.

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:33 am

the flying pig wrote:This figure makes a lot more sense, c£250k pw before tax. 'Only' c double what I'd extract an in-contract player at his standard to be getting and as such I suppose fairly reasonable given that he's 'on a Bosman'.

250K net might not be massively different from 400K gross I guess? Isn't there often confusion because the salary quoted by continental clubs is normally after tax, while in the UK it's before tax?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:05 pm

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:47 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Let’s get promoted. Yay.

A good and timely read, that.

We will only stick it up the bollocks of that argument if we stop with the bullshit of Myanmar etc.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:58 pm

Chelsea considering Lampard? Oh, lord please, please let that be a thing.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:03 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Chelsea considering Lampard? Oh, lord please, please let that be a thing.

Come on, I've got lots of optimism for this year but that's just taking the piss. That couldn't possibly happen just by dint of my potential enjoyment.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:42 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:Chelsea considering Lampard? Oh, lord please, please let that be a thing.

Come on, I've got lots of optimism for this year but that's just taking the piss. That couldn't possibly happen just by dint of my potential enjoyment.

Only thing better than this would be Liverpool appointing Gerrard.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:59 pm

AndyPaul wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

Only thing better than this would be Liverpool appointing Gerrard.

Imagine both.

Gnnnnnngggggg

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:06 pm

I'd be a little too concerned they'd Solskjaer it.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:30 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:I'd be a little too concerned they'd Solskjaer it.

I'd be hoping for more Shearer/Newcastle

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:23 am

And on the subject of dear old Chelsea: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47329293

Return to “The Square Ball”