t'premier leeg.

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: t'premier leeg.

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun May 19, 2019 11:41 am

Kompany setting a solid precedent for our boy Milner, there.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun May 19, 2019 1:05 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Kompany setting a solid precedent for our boy Milner, there.

Ha. VK is even [according to wiki] a few months younger than milner but i guess the big difference is injuries, milner having suffered relatively few, kompany loads, meaning he's not really capable of consistently starting at BAROMETER level any more.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sat May 25, 2019 7:49 am

What a difference between Cardiff and Leicester

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-re ... 3-players/
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:30 pm

We think it’s bad sometimes down at LS11 but the bar codes have lost their manager and today Perez joins the Foxes. They’re coming down this season, let’s hope we pass them on the way up.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:16 pm

Watched 5 mins of the match tonight. Probably turn it off soon but it's not looking good for Norwich tonight. If they can leave with some form of dignity still intact then I'm sure they'll take it

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:35 pm

AndyPaul wrote:Watched 5 mins of the match tonight. Probably turn it off soon but it's not looking good for Norwich tonight. If they can leave with some form of dignity still intact then I'm sure they'll take it

3-0 but Norwich have had chances. My enjoyment is limited by the knowledge we'd go there even more open than Norwich.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:49 pm

Picked Cess to win in my work pool thing. Looking safeish now.

Tommy

t'premier leeg.

Postby Tommy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Lots of folk taking the piss out of Norwich on social media but we are talking about the European Champions here. I think they’d bury most teams in the football league. Most teams in the world in fact.

It just occurred to me tonight that by and large the less financially fortunate teams that survive in the Premier League have a defensive robustness that we’ll presumably never have under Bielsa. Thus if we do go up and he stays, we’ll likely suffer semi-regular maulings to the one Norwich are currently suffering.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:45 pm

Pukki doing what Pukki does, he will do ok against teams that give him room. Mickey's have been all over the shop defensively a team like citeh would do them like this.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:48 pm

Tommy wrote:..

It just occurred to me tonight that by and large the less financially fortunate teams that survive in the Premier League have a defensive robustness that we’ll presumably never have under Bielsa. Thus if we do go up and he stays, we’ll likely suffer semi-regular maulings to the one Norwich are currently suffering.

If we tried to boss possession against an elite (citeh/Liverpool) team with vastly better athletes and technicians we'd risk shipping a double figure haul. But that's very much a problem for another day. And, you never know, we might score one or two ourselves.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:57 pm

You would hope that we would show more ambition in the transfer market if we went up than Norwich & Blunts have.

They will add to the list of cannon fodder who are happy to be there but will never properly compete. It is depressing how the PL has turned out.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:58 pm

Bielsa had the intelligence to sit KP in front of the back 4. Who's to say that he couldn't strengthen our defence tactically and with better players if we had the opportunity and money in the EPL.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:03 pm

Tommy wrote:Thus if we do go up and he stays, we’ll likely suffer semi-regular maulings to the one Norwich are currently suffering.

I think it's safe to say, especially over the last 15 years we have become somewhat used to the occasional rodgering in dramatic style. So think we can handle it. I mean we were once 4-1 up against Preston and managed to lose. Fear no drubbing.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:49 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:Bielsa had the intelligence to sit KP in front of the back 4. Who's to say that he couldn't strengthen our defence tactically and with better players if we had the opportunity and money in the EPL.

Yeah, this. Cloth is being cut according to our situation. I'd love to see what he'd build with 8 or 9 figure funding.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ballgirl

Postby Ballgirl » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:58 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Bobbycollins wrote:Bielsa had the intelligence to sit KP in front of the back 4. Who's to say that he couldn't strengthen our defence tactically and with better players if we had the opportunity and money in the EPL.

Yeah, this. Cloth is being cut according to our situation. I'd love to see what he'd build with 8 or 9 figure funding.

Not necessarily as much better as might be imagined. I think he is likely better imposing his methods on impressionable youngsters than having to deal with expensive prima donnas.
Prediction League Champion 2015-16

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:55 am

rss1969 wrote:You would hope that we would show more ambition in the transfer market if we went up than Norwich & Blunts have.

They will add to the list of cannon fodder who are happy to be there but will never properly compete. It is depressing how the PL has turned out.

Yep, teams like Norwich and Fulham go up, buy the wrong type of players - in Fulham's case far too many of them - and come back down again. Best they can do is have an extra season up there and rake in enough dosh + parachute to yo-yo. Wolves did it much better.
I'd hope we'd manage something similar, if...

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:33 am

Loners could be keeping the Liverpool bench warm with Allison’s injury.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:33 am

The Premiership and how it used to be 'the old first division' has always had just five teams that could realistically win the title.
It's always had a league within a league.
It's always been about money since day one, every now and then a good manager can make the difference though, but not often.

We could not survive unless we had a change of ownership, funny thing is we all want promotion this season. The owner has said he'll extend his FYP if we do. He'll probably not accept any outside backing.

It's folly to think our youth would contribute, they've not had a sniff of a chance in our two games so far, and this is only the Championship. We'd have to spend big.

We'd finish in the bottom third.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Ordinarily I'd get no joy out a scum victory but Lampard :lol:

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:24 pm

AndyPaul wrote:Ordinarily I'd get no joy out a scum victory but Lampard :lol:

Yep, 4-0 against a very average looking scum. Get them excuses ready fat frank.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Return to “The Square Ball”