Will somebody please buy Masinga a toaster thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Oheddieeddie

Will somebody please buy Masinga a toaster thread

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:06 am

http://www.iol.co.za/sport/soccer/former-bafana-ace-s-financial-woes-1.1058797

"Who wants pity like Baby Jake Matlala?" well certainly not cash strapped ex Leeds old boy Phil Masinga according to the man himself??

It seems the Striker is living in the back bedroom of his mothers house in a township in South Africa fighting off his own personal financial armaggedon, and sold his medals and other more mundane items off last month in a garage sale, like: irons toasters and kettles (WTF our former hero can no longer munch on a round of toast and a cuppa, or stick a delicious hot crumpet between his welcoming cheeks).

Ah where has it all gone wrong for the man who had a vast second home in Fourways and owned petrol stations, designer boutiques, a nightclub and a fleet of luxury cars, whilst listing Kappa and Georgio Armarni as his favourite designer labels. Seems he was evicted for failing to pay the rent n his most recent home.

QUESTION: Should we club together and get the lad a kettle etc or would that be seen as putting him in the Baby Jake Matlala catagory

thechubbyone

Re: Will somebody please buy Masinga a toaster thread

Postby thechubbyone » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:14 am

I've got an old toaster he could have, but the philoment has gone.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:26 am

Aw - surely the scorer of the second-best deflected-off-an-arse-cheek goal by a South African for Leeds deserves a toaster?

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:28 am

Hire a toaster for Masinga.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

thechubbyone

Postby thechubbyone » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:44 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Aw - surely the scorer of the second-best deflected-off-an-arse-cheek goal by a South African for Leeds deserves a toaster?

Let them eat bread.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:11 am

They never never mentioned what other items he is short of but he could have ma singer sowing machine.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:26 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:They never never mentioned what other items he is short of but he could have ma singer sowing machine.

:lol:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:06 pm

http://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/Former-Bafana-star-penniless-20110418

More reports coming in. Apparently one source said it was evident that he no longer has money

My personal favourite quote is that "He looks pale"

No further word on Baby Jake though ???

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:28 pm

dont start eating those fucking biscuit things philomen, get your toaster back and things will get better.

The Tin Man

Postby The Tin Man » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:35 pm

My claim to fame is that Philoman and I had some friends in common in Leeds and I got taken out to dinner by the great man and bought a ticket for our ignominious league cup final defeat. He was a lovely bloke with a pregnanat wife and all seemed rosy. He talked about wanting to be a social worker when he was through with football. So maybe he's currently doing some work experience.
For every step,the footprint was already there.

col

Postby col » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:45 pm

"going out with girls from Milner High School"

I did as well, whores the lot of em, cost me loads of cans of coke just to get to smell my fingers :pig:
fuck off

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:52 pm

col wrote:"going out with girls from Milner High School"

I did as well, whores the lot of em, cost me loads of cans of coke just to get to smell my fingers :pig:

You paid then in cans of coke to smell your fingers?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:53 pm

The Tin Man wrote:My claim to fame is that Philoman and I had some friends in common in Leeds and I got taken out to dinner by the great man and bought a ticket for our ignominious league cup final defeat. He was a lovely bloke with a pregnanat wife and all seemed rosy. He talked about wanting to be a social worker when he was through with football. So maybe he's currently doing some work experience.

Yes Tin Man you were happy to leech a ride on the great mans coat tails in the good times, but where are you now when the PhilMeister requires an overhaul of his domestic kitchen appliance portfolio. Nowhere. Shame on you. I believe you owe Phil a little something from the Morphy Richards 2011/12 catalogue

http://www.morphyrichards.co.uk/Products.aspx

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Ponte wrote:
col wrote:"going out with girls from Milner High School"

You paid then in cans of coke to smell your fingers?

Anybody know the exchange rate of bottles of Panda Cola that I used to drink with Coke back in those days. Just wondering what I could have charged the Milner High girls to smell my fingers ...... Hey its frothy man.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:18 pm

A toast thread? Without Musta??
Hmmm.

See you next Tuesday

Postby See you next Tuesday » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:19 pm

“Besides the big items, even irons, toasters and kettles were on sale. Does this mean he is so desperate for cash?”, asks our source.

Seems big Phil was as profligate in the domestic appliances as he was in front of goal.
"If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up because that cunt's a cunt"

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:19 pm

More news emerging unfortunately none of it toasting appliance related.

It seems that Masinga's beloved BMW was repossesed 2 years ago and he now has to rely on Taxi's, and the report says he can often be found criss-crossing taxi ranks?? (but he often eschews this relative luxury which must make a fair size hole in the cash-haul he scored from his toaster sales), and he has been known increasingly to ask friends for lifts whenever he needs to go into town.

In other news it seems he has enraged the brothers he shares a room with in his dead mothers house, by bringing young girls back. A habit which inexplicably may have contributed to his bitter 2005 divorce.

Apparently one of these youngsters has had her status as a nubile nymph destroyed by pregnancy. We can only speculate who deflowered her but it seems that the "up-stick lovely" ahem... visits the Masinga household from time to time.

A source speculated (as you would obviously) that as her father owns a pre-owned car dealership surely they could sponsor Philo with a small car ...... ?? (WTF Im surprised he hasnt killed our Philo personally rather than solve his transportation issues.. PS I said that, not a source)

Apparently Phil has even compounded his strange behaviour by greeting his new township neighbours in the street with the phrase... Greetings wise elder .... when normally in the past he would not have made eye contact with such lowly individuals.

It is not clear whether Baby Jake Matlala has been asked to comment at this stage, or if any of the toaster gains are still stashed away.

Some commentators are not moved by his plight, perhaps angry that the Petrol Stations Masinga used to own before his shocking fall from grace "didnt even have petrol at times"

http://www.ziyawamag.com/%E2%80%9Ci-don%E2%80%99t-need-any-assistance-like-baby-jake-matlala%E2%80%9D-says-broke-phil-masinga/

And here is the back room he now resides in, his mother having luckily "croaked it" leaving him a refege from living rough with the brothers who hate him. Unfortunately none of the articles implicitly state how well(or otherwise) his toasting solutions are taken care of.

simplyleedsutd

Postby simplyleedsutd » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:49 pm

What on earth...

FER

Postby FER » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:59 am

Ponte wrote:A toast thread? Without Musta??

I too am quite surprised that our resident Chairman of the Toast Marketing Board hasn't made a worthwhile contribution to this thread.

Search party for Musta.... :chef:
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Milner High looks like potentially a nice school.

It seems that Phil may, in his own way, have been doing his bit to pull down racial barriers - will history remember him fairly relative to [possibly overrated] countrymen such as nelson mandela?

http://www.milnerhigh.com/

Return to “The Square Ball”