New Leeds Home Kit - Fucking Disgusting!!

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: New Leeds Home Kit - Fucking Disgusting!!

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:22 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:My view of the shirts is clouded by memories of the players wearing them.

Yep, was going to say something similar. Find it quite hard to see the shirts as objects in isolation; also to think about home shirts without aways. If I see Packard Bell I always think of the away ones first for some reason.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:25 am

Not Leeds, and I know we like to take the piss out the Dogbotherers but fuck me, I almost feel sorry for them here. Almost :lol:

EDIT: people aren't sure if this is a wind-up?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:58 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Not Leeds, and I know we like to take the piss out the Dogbotherers but fuck me, I almost feel sorry for them here. Almost :lol:

who's the sponsor?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:15 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Not Leeds, and I know we like to take the piss out the Dogbotherers but fuck me, I almost feel sorry for them here. Almost :lol:

Confirmed as correct, it's on their official site.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

New Leeds Home Kit - Fucking Disgusting!!

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:43 pm

And in breach of FA rules as the sponsor is (way) too big.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49020001

barry white

Postby barry white » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:44 pm

No space, upper case and a full stop too! They've fucking smashed it :clown:

barry white

Postby barry white » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Defo disruptive marketing by PP. It'll change. Maxing out the coverage.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:24 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:And in breach of FA rules as the sponsor is (way) too big.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49020001

Yeah, this is BS
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:52 pm

talking of shits. how come we had unibet on the front today and not 32red? they're both betting companies, so... :scratch:

edit, typing this a penny dropped, it seems they're both part of the same 'kindred' group, so i guess that 32red isn't available in Oz, but unibet are, hence the swap.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:31 pm

Dog botherers have no sponsor next season. From being a laughing stock to actually being the envy of a lot of teams by not having a shit sponsor. It was a stunt by paddy Power as part of a campaign to have clubs have no sponsors on shirts

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:06 pm

Quiffy wrote:talking of shits. how come we had unibet on the front today and not 32red? they're both betting companies, so... :scratch:

edit, typing this a penny dropped, it seems they're both part of the same 'kindred' group, so i guess that 32red isn't available in Oz, but unibet are, hence the swap.

Kindred is correct, Unibet are a Swedish company that's based in London, they changed their name to Kindred Group a few years ago, but have been Unibet in Sweden for a couple decades at least (predating internet betting). I didnt know they owned 32Red before the name appeared on our training kit.

Story in on the OS
https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club/2 ... -extension

“As part of the new agreement we are also excited to announce that Unibet branding will be displayed on our training wear as well as on the pre-season playing kit that the team will be wearing in Australia for our two exciting friendly matches.

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:38 pm

AndyPaul wrote:Dog botherers have no sponsor next season. From being a laughing stock to actually being the envy of a lot of teams by not having a shit sponsor. It was a stunt by paddy Power as part of a campaign to have clubs have no sponsors on shirts

To be more accurate, they almost certainly do have a sponsor, namely Paddy Power, but there is no requirement to feature the logo on the shirt. (Ie PP will have paid a truck load for that ‘stunt’)
Haven’t been to the whatever it’s called now stadium in a while but I’d be surprised if I didn’t see a raft of PP paraphernalia around the place.
As for the campaign to lose shirt sponsors? Somewhere a long way behind safe standing, beer in away ends, and “£20’s plenty” in terms of matters I give a damn about.
I like it. What is it?

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:19 pm

Devi wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:Dog botherers have no sponsor next season. From being a laughing stock to actually being the envy of a lot of teams by not having a shit sponsor. It was a stunt by paddy Power as part of a campaign to have clubs have no sponsors on shirts

To be more accurate, they almost certainly do have a sponsor, namely Paddy Power, but there is no requirement to feature the logo on the shirt. (Ie PP will have paid a truck load for that ‘stunt’)
Haven’t been to the whatever it’s called now stadium in a while but I’d be surprised if I didn’t see a raft of PP paraphernalia around the place.
As for the campaign to lose shirt sponsors? Somewhere a long way behind safe standing, beer in away ends, and “£20’s plenty” in terms of matters I give a damn about.

Well aren't we in a cheery mood!

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:40 pm

AndyPaul wrote:
Devi wrote:

I'm with Devi. If I travel to watch these under performing cunts in a highly dense public place then I demand access to some sort of legal buzz :viking: :rambo: :pale: :puker:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:13 pm

As someone pointed out on the Twatter, they’re - like us - still sponsored by the kind of bastards who rinse the fuck out of gambling addicts who don’t have the money to lose. That they happen not to have stuck a few letters on a shirt is neither here nor there really.

Devi

Postby Devi » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:51 am

AndyPaul wrote:
Devi wrote:

Term ended yesterday. I’d had 5 hours with a pair of demon happy step Devis. ;-)
I like it. What is it?

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:27 am

eric olthwaite wrote:

As someone pointed out on the Twatter, they’re - like us - still sponsored by the kind of bastards who rinse the fuck out of gambling addicts who don’t have the money to lose. That they happen not to have stuck a few letters on a shirt is neither here nor there really.

I think it's all part of a larger game about regulating the betting industry anyway. I think it's Ladbrokes who are aggressively pushing to ban gambling advertising in football, because a) it makes them look like good guys b) that reduces the pressure on them in other areas ('oh but look we're doing this nice thing, so ignore the other stuff, yeah?') and c) by leading on it, and shaping how that 'regulation' works, they can make sure it still works for them anyway. So there's a sort of anti-sponsoring arms race going on with betting companies to see who can come out of any advertising ban in best shape, and I'd wager (yes) this is one of PP's angles here.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Mindo

Postby Mindo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:06 pm

Looks like the new away may be Kappa's first big fail. I'm seeing grey with pink trim and black shoulders online. Horrible error if true

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:15 pm

Bad 1980s gym gear. Brave . . . but terrible

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:17 pm

Maybe they saw the good reception the bus-seat effort got last year and decided to be evern braver? It's awful, though, isn't it. Hopefully it'll get binned off once we release some money-grabbing third strip.

Return to “The Square Ball”