New Leeds Home Kit - Fucking Disgusting!!

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
London_White

Re: New Leeds Home Kit - Fucking Disgusting!!

Postby London_White » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:25 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:When I was a yoof, a pair of Patrick Stabil marked you out as a man of integrity and taste

Adidas Beckenbauer in my day - the better/richer players had the Beckenbauer Super - far as i could see the only difference was the sole was lime green like the stripes

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:35 am

Just a thought on this 'new' badge malarkey.

Has anyone from the club actually said its the new badge, or did the random on twatter [that suggested it was the new badge] gain more traction than he might otherwise merit?
I like it. What is it?

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:40 am

Dunlop 'Green flash' on the tarmac and a superb pair of Gola boots on field rescued from some blokes dustbin,too big but just about ok with 2 pairs of socks,throw on me old Slazenger top from jumble and strut out like Paul Madeley whilst looking like Casper from Kes.................ahhh those were the days.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:58 am

Devi wrote:Just a thought on this 'new' badge malarkey.

Has anyone from the club actually said its the new badge, or did the random on twatter [that suggested it was the new badge] gain more traction than he might otherwise merit?

I think Phil Hay has reported it officially? It's not good though; taking the LUFC script away just leaves a series of meaningless random lines on the shield. I don't know why they keep getting it so wrong.

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:23 pm

I know Hay has reported it... and yes, he's usually on the money. But it (he) still isn't the official club source... (And yes. It isn't good. At all.)
I like it. What is it?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:49 pm

I think it’s alright.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Relative to previous seasons, finishing seventh would be 'alright'...
I like it. What is it?

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:58 pm

Ponte wrote:I think it’s alright.

Its bloody awful. I won't be buying any clobber with it on for me or the kids if it is the centenary badge.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:00 pm

jackos wrote:
Ponte wrote:I think it’s alright.

Its bloody awful. I won't be buying any clobber with it on for me or the kids if it is the centenary badge.

If it genuinely was then I'd have expected a big announcement not slipping it on various things on the quiet. They may use that badge for certain things but I'm not convinced it's the one that'll be on the shirt.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:43 pm

I think they're quietly testing things, given this and the LU on the suits and stuff.

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:01 pm

Phil Hay yesterday: Leeds United turn 100 this year - and this will be their centenary club crest

A spokesperson for United said: “The slightly modified crest will feature on the club’s 2019-20 kits and training range as well as a wide variety of exclusive centenary-led products and services. The amendment has been made in order to add the words ‘Leeds United 100 years’ wording to the club badge.”
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:41 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:I think they're quietly testing things, given this and the LU on the suits and stuff.

I actually like what they did with the suits, a little bit like the Juve crest but i quite like it.

Don't really mind the 100 years thing either don't care for the colour but that could just be the poster?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:11 pm

It doesn't blow me away but seems basically fine?

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:43 pm

Yeah, it could be much worse, certainly. I'm very much of the opinion they should have kept the bit they've ditched and ditched the rest. To me these would be absolutely perfect in every way:

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:02 am

I've never really loved the current badge but very much in its favour is that we've had it for about 20 years, whereas we had about, what, six entirely different ones over the previous 30, chopping and changing is so tinpot imo. the shield is very generic but I do the like the nods to two past badges and, like I say, it's now easily our longest running badge, with a fair bit of history behind it, from BAROMETER to Beckford, now Bielsa, and all the shite inbetween, it has to stay long term and imo should 100% be on the centenary designs.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:53 am

the flying pig wrote:I've never really loved the current badge but very much in its favour is that we've had it for about 20 years, whereas we had about, what, six entirely different ones over the previous 30, chopping and changing is so tinpot imo. the shield is very generic but I do the like the nods to two past badges and, like I say, it's now easily our longest running badge, with a fair bit of history behind it, from BAROMETER to Beckford, now Bielsa, and all the shite inbetween, it has to stay long term and imo should 100% be on the centenary designs.

I think my view is: It should remain our club crest, for the reasons above BUT the shirts, home at least, should be as close to plain white as possible. It should be the script alone because it nods to us at our best without ignoring us now, it's subtle so lends itself to a plain all white kit. It's association goes back almost 50 years even if only for 2 originally then back over 20 years later in 96 before it's permanent return in the current crest. If longevity is the thing it's 3 years up in the shield (though behind the upside down rose given that's been part of the badge for 30 years now).

While I'm at it, if at all possible we should be sponsor free (on the shirt too). Assuming we can't do that it should be as small as possible and as subtle as possible.

If needs be they could put the club crest on a little blue tag thing on the side of the shirt which nods to sock tags. They could also put "Leeds United" in the new font they seem to love on the back below the collar (where they've often put the script or MOT).

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:26 am

If it’s a centenary that’s being celebrated, the only vaguely coherent response is to do something with the badge of 100 years ago. This is just some extra lettering on a debased version of the current third rate badge.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:35 am

eric olthwaite wrote:If it’s a centenary that’s being celebrated, the only vaguely coherent response is to do something with the badge of 100 years ago. This is just some extra lettering on a debased version of the current third rate badge.

Man speaks truth.
Very disappointed so far.
Centennial is a big deal, we should be doing better than this, looks like a teenager got the gig.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:47 am

Mustafaster wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:If it’s a centenary that’s being celebrated, the only vaguely coherent response is to do something with the badge of 100 years ago. This is just some extra lettering on a debased version of the current third rate badge.

Man speaks truth.
Very disappointed so far.
Centennial is a big deal, we should be doing better than this, looks like a teenager got the gig.

Didn't Eleanora have some fashion and design expertise. We had the answer right under our noses and let her slip away :elephant:

emtee

Postby emtee » Wed May 22, 2019 6:30 pm

ne1 no if the badge on the replicar bus seat away kit is sewn or printed?

Return to “The Square Ball”