Calling all computer smart arses!

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Quiffy

Re: Calling all computer smart arses!

Postby Quiffy » Mon May 11, 2020 2:58 pm

jackos wrote:Which VPN services do you lot use? (asking for a family member who is considering Nordvpn, I use a Swedish service that is not available in the UK, but would prefer to recommend something other than Nordvpn, if for no other reason than I don't like seeing their ads all over the place ..)

i use zenmate. 'twas originally free but i think is £50 a year which i always forget to cancel.

i presume it gives me an extra layer of security, no noticeable buffering, only rarely clashes with websites (never LUFC) and is so easy to use even i can do it hence me sticking with it.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon May 11, 2020 3:11 pm

Dot.vpn here - if they're horrific let me know, but I'm a good boy and not that bothered about browsing data
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon May 11, 2020 5:46 pm

I paid about £20 for a "lifetime" subscription to VPN Unlimited a couple of years ago, don't use it much, mainly for LUTV, it's ok but I generally disconnect again as soon as LUTV have verified I'm in Florence. That's probably not very helpful as I couldn''t tell you how it compares to other options having not used any.

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon May 11, 2020 7:37 pm

Cheers lads, I've recommended they test Psiphon, seems a good place to start with vpn and they can try something else later if needed. I only use vpn on my android box, and there only for kodi and iptv, iptv doesn't work at all without vpn for the obvious reasons. Other than that I think the best use case is for public wifi networks, but I only ever use those on my work laptop which has all the protection it needs.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Tue May 12, 2020 6:39 am

On the subject of VPNs, anyone aware of which ones best get round the black listed UK IP addresses thing? I'm thinking of iPlayer mainly, the Beeb are on to the IP's mine use (TunnelBear).

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Tue May 12, 2020 7:26 am

Matt White wrote:On the subject of VPNs, anyone aware of which ones best get round the black listed UK IP addresses thing? I'm thinking of iPlayer mainly, the Beeb are on to the IP's mine use (TunnelBear).

Give Psiphon a try; not sure re: iPlayer specifically but it can get on eg. dodgy torrent websites fine.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat May 23, 2020 7:07 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:43 am

Dear Ballers, could someone please PM me the details for decent/reliable UK i-p-t-v service? A Loiner mate and his son who is about to leave home would be very grateful for the info.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:46 am

jackos wrote:Dear Ballers, could someone please PM me the details for decent/reliable UK i-p-t-v service? A Loiner mate and his son who is about to leave home would be very grateful for the info.

I'd also appreciate this as my current subscription is about to run out and the website seems to have disappeared.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:18 am

Professor Weeto wrote:
jackos wrote:Dear Ballers, could someone please PM me the details for decent/reliable UK i-p-t-v service? A Loiner mate and his son who is about to leave home would be very grateful for the info.

I'd also appreciate this as my current subscription is about to run out and the website seems to have disappeared.

LSD&2Es wrote:Anyone wanting IPTV definitely shouldn't PM me as I don't know of any really good services run by Leeds fans.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:26 am

Cheers Ponte. Always on the ball.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:09 am

Professor Weeto wrote:Cheers Ponte. Always on the ball.

Wrong thread for grovelling to Ponte. 'Stupid Cunts' thread better suited.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:11 am

dirty leeds wrote:

Apologies, Ponte.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:15 am

Professor Weeto wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:

Apologies, Ponte.

Ignore the senile old cunt.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:39 am

Ponte wrote:
LSD&2Es wrote:Anyone wanting IPTV definitely shouldn't PM me as I don't know of any really good services run by Leeds fans.

Yes, tried that on Saturday, I'm not the most patient individual, I thought I might get LSD's attention by posting on this thread.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:49 am

Ponte wrote:Ignore the senile old cunt.

:mrgreen:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:33 pm

Hmm.

Got a meeting that has been moved and now covers the first half against Stoke, basically finishes at half time. Can't skip it but hopefully can front load my contribution and then watch the first half on another laptop in Amsterdam (I've been to Barnard Castle).

Or can anyone suggest a free recording program that works for LUTV? (Which is what I'd do if it was on Sky.)

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:53 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Or can anyone suggest a free recording program that works for LUTV? (Which is what I'd do if it was on Sky.)

VLC can probably do it.

Ontolly

Calling all computer smart arses!

Postby Ontolly » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:56 pm

Stoke game is on Sky

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:39 pm

Ontolly wrote:Stoke game is on Sky

Is it? I looked and it wasn't listed.

Thanks prof, will have a dry run with VLC.

Return to “The Square Ball”