Calling all computer smart arses!

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:49 pm

My computer is fucked. I have got a laptop now.

Simply all my music is on the fucked computer but also on my ipod touch.

How the fuck do I get my music off my ipod onto my new laptop? I have looked on the web and it looks like it is possible but I have found various methods unsuccesful.

Any thoughts people or anyone had this issue? I know there is a few on here that know about computers.

TSS

Re: Calling all computer smart arses!

Postby TSS » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Just take the harddrive from your old PC and copy everything off it.

Failing that, I'm not entirely sure how you copy music back from an iPod. I'm sure it's possible, but I've never had to do it so can't help you there.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Sorry, can't help.

BobbyD

Postby BobbyD » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:58 pm

AndyPaul wrote:My computer is fucked. I have got a laptop now.

How the fuck do I get my music off my ipod onto my new laptop? I have looked on the web and it looks like it is possible but I have found various methods unsuccesful.

Any thoughts people or anyone had this issue? I know there is a few on here that know about computers.

I'm no expert in itunes or any Apple shit, can't stand the monopolistic cunts, but....

From what I can tell as I've had several people ask me this question, is that as your music is still on your gaypod you simply connect the fucker to your new laptop and install gaytunes and let it sync up...

no ?

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:00 pm

BobbyD wrote:I'm no expert in itunes or any Apple shit, can't stand the monopolistic cunts, but....

From what I can tell as I've had several people ask me this question, is that as your music is still on your gaypod you simply connect the fucker to your new laptop and install gaytunes and let it sync up...

no ?

Nice one Bobby, any team news yet?

COME ON LEEDS!!!

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Have you tried switching it off and back on again?

Hope this helps.
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:04 pm

BobbyD wrote:

I'm no expert in itunes or any Apple shit, can't stand the monopolistic cunts, but....

no ?

From what I've read the iPod will sync up with iTunes and replace the music with what is on iTunes, namely nothing, so wiping all my music off it.

Charlie Don't Surf

Postby Charlie Don't Surf » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:05 pm

Serves you right for buying an iphone.....Senuti

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senuti
BREAK HIS LEGS!!

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:07 pm

AndyPaul wrote:
BobbyD wrote:

no ?

From what I've read the iPod will sync up with iTunes and replace the music with what is on iTunes, namely nothing, so wiping all my music off it.

This is true.
However, help is at hand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtRFsX6FBVo
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:16 pm

pull the plug out, wait a minute then put it back in again.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:19 pm

Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:21 pm

There are many freeware options to do this. Try Sharepod.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:22 pm

Thanks guys some useful stuff to try. Fucking iTunes! :twisted:

Simon0268

Postby Simon0268 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 pm

There is a program called ephod, which will transfer from iPod to iTunes.

If the hardrive isn't fucked then you can get a device that plugs into it and has a USB connector so you can do a transfer from that to your new laptop

That's about your only options, apple have been clever in stopping iPod to iTunes transfers to stop people selling full iPods - so breaking copyright laws - bastards!

Simon0268

Postby Simon0268 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:12 pm

Oops just noticed someone say don't use ephod - I used it about 3 years ago and was ok then...

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:21 pm

swcoach wrote:That's about your only options, apple have been clever in stopping iPod to iTunes transfers to stop people selling full iPods - so breaking copyright laws - bastards!

More precisely, they've just not included the feature so as not to conflict with complicated copyright laws which existed long before Apple, as well as to appear to be restricting piracy.

If they wanted, they could make it impossible and for your iPod/iPhone to play songs not bought on iTunes etc. Notice that they haven't though, which suggests to me that they know it would be bad for business. It's fairly common to see people making out that Apple are unusual in their unfailingly frustrating idiosyncrasies but in actuality, they're just like any other business - they make decisions based on what will net them more money.

shooter

Postby shooter » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:31 pm

His eyes they shone like diamonds...diamonds are forever...forever Leeds!

Simon0268

Postby Simon0268 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:35 pm

tommydski wrote:
swcoach wrote:That's about your only options, apple have been clever in stopping iPod to iTunes transfers to stop people selling full iPods - so breaking copyright laws - bastards!

More precisely, they've just not included the feature so as not to conflict with complicated copyright laws which existed long before Apple, as well as to appear to be restricting piracy.

If they wanted, they could make it impossible and for your iPod/iPhone to play songs not bought on iTunes etc. Notice that they haven't though, which suggests to me that they know it would be bad for business. It's fairly common to see people making out that Apple are unusual in their unfailingly frustrating idiosyncrasies but in actuality, they're just like any other business - they make decisions based on what will net them more money.

Yes, fair point, just seems a bit of a bind that they don't include an option if you do have a computer issue. But then that's why you can buy external hard drives for £50

And to be honest I've had other mp3 players in the past, but wouldn't swap my iPhone for anything!

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:56 pm

swcoach wrote:Oops just noticed someone say don't use ephod - I used it about 3 years ago and was ok then...

I was suggesting that by using it you probably break all kind is user agreements etc. I've heard that it works fine! :roll:
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Simon0268

Postby Simon0268 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:30 am

Wakefield White wrote:
swcoach wrote:Oops just noticed someone say don't use ephod - I used it about 3 years ago and was ok then...

I was suggesting that by using it you probably break all kind is user agreements etc. I've heard that it works fine! :roll:

I think I was miles away last night!, I should read all posts before posting myself :-)

Return to “The Square Ball”