Page 4 of 295

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:48 pm
by Shorn Derry
Loved the "touch" before he puts it over Cech, far too much on it and if the keeper was expecting it to be that poor he'd of been out and gathered it comfortably. Reminded me of the "touch" at Old Trafford!!!

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:02 pm
by AndyPaul
Shorn Derry wrote:Reminded me of the "touch" at Old Trafford!!!


Ah yes, fond memories, he would have never have scored if his first touch had been any good :)

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:33 pm
by AndyPaul
David "Jesus" Prutton leaves Swindon on a free transfer and joins the Wendies.

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:14 am
by Phil LUFC
Shorn Derry wrote:Loved the "touch" before he puts it over Cech, far too much on it and if the keeper was expecting it to be that poor he'd of been out and gathered it comfortably. Reminded me of the "touch" at Old Trafford!!!


Aye, it really was a goal that only Beckford could score - had equal measures of luck and quality. I'm still not sure if such touches are poor quality or pure genius, they certainly unease the keeper and provide the required opportunity for placement over power, and he's blessed with the pace to get there 1st.

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:28 pm
by Rob
Reminded me of Masinga's goal one year at Highbury.

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:54 am
by jackos
THIRTY THREE? It looks like he's ready for his pension, all that boozing with his uncle has obviously taken it's toll,

Image

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:34 am
by gazurtoids

Ex White watch

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:38 am
by the flying pig

I guess he mentions not practising free kicks to make us think one or both of: (1) my, isn't he talented?; or (2) aw, hartey's one of us, but I just think 'fool' to be honest. Can you imagine Tiger woods never practicing his swing? Or how good hartey's FKs might be if he'd hit 50 a day for the last 15 years? Typical English footballer. I blame DOL.

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:37 am
by moscowhite
the flying pig wrote:

I guess he mentions not practising free kicks to make us think one or both of: (1) my, isn't he talented?; or (2) aw, hartey's one of us, but I just think 'fool' to be honest. Can you imagine Tiger woods never practicing his swing? Or how good hartey's FKs might be if he'd hit 50 a day for the last 15 years? Typical English footballer. I blame DOL.


I remember Harte saying the same thing about never practising when we was with us and scoring blistering free kicks in every other game. Then the next season he barely scored a single one; I think the new balls introduced after World Cup 2002 fucked with his technique, and he was either too witless or plain couldn't be arsed practising so he could make the adjustment.

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:58 pm
by eric olthwaite
Looks like the slow fat fuck'll not be seeing the Prem again anyway.

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:00 pm
by MightyWhite
eric olthwaite wrote:Looks like the slow fat fuck'll not be seeing the Prem again anyway.


Him jogging after the winger for Swansea's second goal brought back some horrible memories

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:01 pm
by gazurtoids
Ah, come on. Slow and fat he maybe but he's no fuck.

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:05 pm
by the flying pig
sheesh, yeah, extreme lack of pace by hartey for swansea's second goal - it took a bit of noticing because, well, he was so slow that he was miles away from his man.

also beaten on the outside for the third but was no particular disgrace against a good opponent at this level.

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:00 am
by moscowhite
Not only are Hamburg apparently after Max Gradel, but they fancy Michael Woods too:

Arnesen is also why in England has been looking for alternatives. So shall also the Dane at Chelsea midfielder Michael Woods, 21, interested.


- although this seems to be based entirely on the Frank Arnesen has been on a trip to London and that he stole Woods from us for Chelsea.

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:54 am
by the flying pig
Woodsy, eh?

Speaking of which I've noticed that Danny Rose has moved vaguely towards at least the edges of first team contention for spurs, as a left back...

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:31 am
by jackos
DIdn't know if this should go on the transfers thread, given thatg I expect it'll create a right frenzy on Wacky warehouse ..... In order to avoid tempting fate I'll stick it on here ..

Former Leeds United star Alan Smith has been told he can leave Newcastle United as he enters the final year of his contract.

Smith was signed for £6 million from Manchester United by then manager Sam Allardyce during the summer of 2007, and although he was a key figure as the Magpies fought their way back into the Premier League, his chances last season were severely limited by a nasty ankle injury.

In addition, he is among the biggest earners at St James’ and with owner Mike Ashley seeking to control expenditure on wages, his departure has

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:22 am
by BobbyD
jackos wrote:DIdn't know if this should go on the transfers thread, given thatg I expect it'll create a right frenzy on Wacky warehouse ..... In order to avoid tempting fate I'll stick it on here ..

Former Leeds United star Alan Smith has been told he can leave Newcastle United as he enters the final year of his contract.

Smith was signed for £6 million from Manchester United by then manager Sam Allardyce during the summer of 2007, and although he was a key figure as the Magpies fought their way back into the Premier League, his chances last season were severely limited by a nasty ankle injury.

In addition, he is among the biggest earners at St James’ and with owner Mike Ashley seeking to control expenditure on wages, his departure has


Oh goody a fill in the statement game....

I'd say :-

"his departure has come about for all the right reasons as he (Alan) has expressed the wish to play for his boyhood fantasy team. Liverpool FC, he has issued a come and get me message to new owner John Henry. He hopes he can reach new heights under manager Kenny Dalglish".

:roll:

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:13 pm
by AndyPaul
Ah bless him. Wijnhard and Hasselbaink were going to destroy the Premier League together at one point.

Nice little read though..........

http://whateverhappenedtoblog.co.uk/int ... ewijnhard/

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:51 pm
by gazurtoids
I remember my Dad confidently telling that he didn't care if Jimmy fucked off cos Wijnhard was better anyway...

Re: Ex White watch

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:00 am
by AndyPaul