Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Tommy

Ex White watch

Postby Tommy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:53 am

Yeah that’s fair enough actually. Well bowled.

Blackwhite

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:51 am

KunT and Guille Amor (crazy names, crazy guys) out the door, then.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:22 am

Tommy wrote:Yeah that’s fair enough actually. Well bowled.

I’m kinda intrigued of the logistical element of it. It’s in Miami, has he happened to bump into Enoch there? If so, where’s the shirt come from? I can understand him perhaps having some in his luggage just in case he needs to hold it up next to an NFL type (I presume he’s at the Super Bowl this weekend) but the name and number printing?

Or has he pre-planned to meet up with him and have this photo opportunity? If so......why?!
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:31 am

he looks really well, actually, certainly still in shape. I'd be surprised if he couldn't still do a pretty decent (preposterously endowed) Bambi on Ice act on a pretty competitive step of the non league pyramid.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:35 pm

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:11 pm

Browsing through the midweek results whilst waiting for peace to break out, I noticed that Toumani Diagouraga scored for Morecambe. Surprised to find that it was as recent as 2017 that he was at Leeds. A lot has happened since then.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:21 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:Browsing through the midweek results whilst waiting for peace to break out, I noticed that Toumani Diagouraga scored for Morecambe. Surprised to find that it was as recent as 2017 that he was at Leeds. A lot has happened since then.

Player.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:40 pm

eddie starting for the arse now against newcastle.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:18 pm

subbed on 84 mins, hit the bar after being given a decent chance, but didn't do much else, spurned one other decent opportunity. i'm happy to be spinning the wheel and taking a chance on big kev after that.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:26 pm

Quiffy wrote:subbed on 84 mins, hit the bar after being given a decent chance, but didn't do much else, spurned one other decent opportunity. i'm happy to be spinning the wheel and taking a chance on big kev after that.

Dunno - if Eddie had been happy to play the super-sub role, I'd rather we'd kept him. But he wasn't, so...

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:37 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Quiffy wrote:subbed on 84 mins, hit the bar after being given a decent chance, but didn't do much else, spurned one other decent opportunity. i'm happy to be spinning the wheel and taking a chance on big kev after that.

Dunno - if Eddie had been happy to play the super-sub role, I'd rather we'd kept him. But he wasn't, so...

obviously speculative at this stage, but watching eddie passively standing by his marker as arsenal approached the newcastle goal waiting for a bit of creativity elsewhere makes me hopeful that our enforced twist and not sticking could turn out to be the making of our season. he was good at getting to crosses ahead of his marker, but i'm hoping that and more from kev. give big kev a couple more weeks and hopefully we'll start to see he's got more power and variety to his game.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:45 pm

Hard to be harsh on Eddie his goals helped pick up 5 points if memory serves.

Difficult to judge him given he never really had a run.

Similar for big kev going to be difficult for him to make an impact from the bench particularly given his fitness issues but he's clearly talented.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:13 pm

Neither Eddie or JKA are what we need/needed if we are being honest

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:51 pm

Eddie always looks like he was born about 30 years too late. He would be brilliant as an off the shoulder 2nd striker in a partnership in a classic 442 playing with a big centre forward.

The last one of those though was Owen and he basically went extinct about 15 years ago.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:16 pm

Arnieb wrote:Eddie always looks like he was born about 30 years too late. He would be brilliant as an off the shoulder 2nd striker in a partnership in a classic 442 playing with a big centre forward.

The last one of those though was Owen and he basically went extinct about 15 years ago.

Yep, that’s exactly what I made of the kid.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:16 am

I suspect Bamford and Nketiah playing together in a two would do very well. They cover for each other's deficiencies.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:29 am

Tommy wrote:I suspect Bamford and Nketiah playing together in a two would do very well. They cover for each other's deficiencies.

Trouble was that when we played the two together, we lost control of midfield, which reduced the opportunities for the front two whilst putting more pressure on the defence. With (a lot) of luck, once JKA is match fit he might combine some of the attributes of Bamford and Nketiah - at least he seems to know where the goal is situated.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:27 am

Bobbycollins wrote:
Tommy wrote:I suspect Bamford and Nketiah playing together in a two would do very well. They cover for each other's deficiencies.

Trouble was that when we played the two together, we lost control of midfield, which reduced the opportunities for the front two whilst putting more pressure on the defence. With (a lot) of luck, once JKA is match fit he might combine some of the attributes of Bamford and Nketiah - at least he seems to know where the goal is situated.

aye. we tried that for the whole second half against fulham, it didn't work, the only mitigating circumstance being that it was tried as a result of pablo going off injured. as well as the reasons above it hindered bamford's game as he didn't make his normal runs as eddie was in the way.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:28 am

[quote="Bobbycollins"]

With (a lot) of luck,
/quote]

We've probably hit the woodwork at least once in I'd say everyone of our last ten games :cheers:

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:29 am

yeah, but it's the old thing about 4-4-2 & variants thereof, leaves you light in other parts of the pitch. i think for Eddie to make a good living out of football his best chances to do this might be one or more of:

(a) drop a very long way below PL big six standard, maybe even to league one level;
(b) reinvent himself a bit as a guy who can play at least tolerably well with his back to goal etc, in the way that late career jermaine defoe did; and/or
(c) reinvent himself as a guy who can play at least tolerably well as a wide player in a 4-3-3.

Return to “The Square Ball”