Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
the flying pig

Re: Ex White watch

Postby the flying pig » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:24 pm

milner would be a great addition to our current squad, or to any squad, he'd be better than our current options in any outfield position other than maybe centre forward & centre back, with everyone fit he could maybe take over from klich in midfield, & also provide us with great options for shuffling the pack in the event of injuries.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:37 pm

So we’re agreed the senior figure in the best club side in the world who are unbeaten in the best league in the world and currently hold the European champions league and has just signed a new contract our players can only dream of would be a decent acquisition.

Seems reasonable

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:02 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:So we’re agreed the senior figure in the best club side in the world who are unbeaten in the best league in the world and currently hold the European champions league and has just signed a new contract our players can only dream of would be a decent acquisition.

Seems reasonable

No, don't think we're all agreed. Otherwise, yeah.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:52 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:The younger, fit McCormack would be good, but obvs not the current one.

A fit McCormack still wouldn't be fit enough for a bielsa team.

Fair point. I'd say it's marginal. He'd have to be very committed. Might be a 'one season' thing.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:04 pm

We’re getting into weird lost cause fantasy territory but I reckon Robbie Blake might have been a Bielsa player.
Member of a clique

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:10 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:We’re getting into weird lost cause fantasy territory but I reckon Robbie Blake might have been a Bielsa player.

Could you imagine him in charge of Blackwell's full squad though, the 06 playoff bottling vintage? Blake aside I couldn't imagine any of them playing actual football. Derry and maybe Hulse doing a similar thing to Bamford? Butler and Gregan playing it out from the back with Sully sweeping though :shock: .

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:20 pm

Actually I was maybe thinking more of Hulse than Blake. Leeds United the ennui years
Member of a clique

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:22 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:We’re getting into weird lost cause fantasy territory but I reckon Robbie Blake might have been a Bielsa player.

Could you imagine him in charge of Blackwell's full squad though, the 06 playoff bottling vintage? Blake aside I couldn't imagine any of them playing actual football. Derry and maybe Hulse doing a similar thing to Bamford? Butler and Gregan playing it out from the back with Sully sweeping though :shock: .

Lewis, especially a year or two before he came to Leeds, would have been a decent Bielsa left back.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:26 pm

Sullivan

Kelly gregan kilgallon

Richardson Derry Lewis

Miller

Healy hulse Blake

Something like that?

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:28 pm

Aaron Lennon could still do a job

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:32 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Sullivan

Kelly gregan kilgallon

Richardson Derry Lewis

Miller

Healy hulse Blake

Something like that?

Sullivan couldn't kick, at all. Gregan, with his midfield experience, isn't a terrible shout at CB. I'm really not sure about a Healy/poacher type. miller could do bits and pieces I guess.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:55 pm

Kelly gregan kilgallon

Richardson Derry Lewis

Miller

Healy hulse Blake

Something like that?

I think he'd have played Douglas somewhere, probably CB and could well have reinvented Kelly as a central midfielder just because he could. Pugh the Dallas of his time?

Through lack of proper options I guess Lewis would play the Harrison role rather than full back or wing back (Steve Stone wouldn't have had the legs and Lennon had already gone).

Looking at that 05/06 squad... How the fuck did we get to the playoff final?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:57 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:The younger, fit McCormack would be good, but obvs not the current one.

A fit McCormack still wouldn't be fit enough for a bielsa team.

Fair point. I'd say it's marginal. He'd have to be very committed. Might be a 'one season' thing.

Which season? At his worst, fuck no. At his best, we can do better.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:03 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Aaron Lennon could still do a job

Put your cock away, Danny.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:07 pm

the flying pig wrote:

Kelly gregan kilgallon

Richardson Derry Lewis

Miller

Healy hulse Blake

Something like that?

Sullivan couldn't kick, at all. Gregan, with his midfield experience, isn't a terrible shout at CB. I'm really not sure about a Healy/poacher type. miller could do bits and pieces I guess.

Start of that season Ian Bennet came in and played well for a few games but then got injured just as Sullivan came back.

Can't remember if he could kick. Both were decent keepers though for this level.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:10 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:

Kelly gregan kilgallon

Richardson Derry Lewis

Miller

Healy hulse Blake

Something like that?

I think he'd have played Douglas somewhere, probably CB and could well have reinvented Kelly as a central midfielder just because he could. Pugh the Dallas of his time?

Through lack of proper options I guess Lewis would play the Harrison role rather than full back or wing back (Steve Stone wouldn't have had the legs and Lennon had already gone).

Looking at that 05/06 squad... How the fuck food we get to the playoff final?

I've said it before I don't think I've ever seen a luckier Leeds team that one. Seemed to get loads of pens and opposition red cards.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:11 pm

the flying pig wrote:

Kelly gregan kilgallon

Richardson Derry Lewis

Miller

Healy hulse Blake

Something like that?

Always thought gregan was better at centre back than in midfield. I never understood the stick he got particularly when butler was in the team. He was garbage.

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:11 pm

Becchio by Bielsa

I need a lie down.
I like it. What is it?

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:54 am

Phil LUFC wrote:Looking at that 05/06 squad... How the fuck food we get to the playoff final?

Obvious really. it was the Bates/Blackwell, combo :cheers:
Phisher/Email fraudster.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:49 am

Phil LUFC wrote:

And yet so far, that team has achieved more than the current one.

Return to “The Square Ball”