Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
jackos

Re: Ex White watch

Postby jackos » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:33 pm

My Mum just called to give me this news. You can beat it Dom, get well soom.

FUCK CANCER.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:34 pm

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:55 pm

Absolute Cunts thread is over there >>
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:37 pm

Garry and Pep no longer sitting in a tree:

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:57 pm

:lol:
I like it. What is it?

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:01 pm

Garry Monk definitely strikes me as the kind of person who, no matter how badly things got for him or how many times he kept fucking up, would always blame someone else.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:24 pm

Bitter fucker our Mr Monk is

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:11 pm

Gary Monk preaching about loyalty - priceless.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:56 pm

"LEAVE IT GARY, 'E'S NOT WORFFIT..."
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:40 pm

Just listened. Wow. What a graceless fucking pissweasel.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:28 pm

Brum respond

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:53 am

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:46 pm

welshwhite wrote:https://twitter.com/i/status/1199791488831545346

I never want Leeds to lose, but I do remember the feeling of happiness when Jay Bothroyd (who I loathed) scored for Wolves in the last minute at ER, as I was sure it meant the end of Blackwell. I can't remember whether that was Blackwell's last game but if not it was close to the end. We were so poor at the time it felt like a mercy killing, with the crowd put out of their misery.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:55 pm

yeah i've had a rant or two on here in the past about blackwell and how much i disliked the man. i feel vindicated. utter preening cock of a man.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:17 am

I don’t think I ever quite developed that hate for Blackwell as I was travelling loads, busy with ‘stuff’ etc during our championship relegation season; not sure if I even got to any games that year or not. I can completely see it in hindsight, though!

Glad to see Carlisle in good form; always really rated him as a player.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:27 am

Professor Weeto wrote:I don’t think I ever quite developed that hate for Blackwell as I was travelling loads, busy with ‘stuff’ etc during our championship relegation season; not sure if I even got to any games that year or not. I can completely see it in hindsight, though!

Glad to see Carlisle in good form; always really rated him as a player.

Me either. At the time I might have argued he was unlucky to be sacked too. That poor start seemed to involve decent performances but a lack of luck in crucial moments (the Wolves game mentioned being a case in point).

That said, personal circumstances meant I didn't see too many games between the summer of 04 and the game in early 06/07 with Wise sat in the stands - Southend (I think) in the cup. Stands out because I said to a mate "that was fucking awful" then immediately bought a ticket for his first game in charge, the league game the following weekend against the same team.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:28 am

I assume this all happened before the first of his suicide attempts? Nothing against the guy but he's a deeply troubled soul, wouldn't be the first person I'd turn to for a character reference.

I personally only met Blackwell once, on a preseason tour, to me he at the time seemed unusually down to earth & approachable for a football person, though I appreciate that this was a one off, not a work situation, and possibly influenced by the fact that I was at the time with my younger brother, who's the size of Tyson Fury on steroids.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:35 am

the flying pig wrote:

I assume this all happened before the first of his suicide attempts? Nothing against the guy but he's a deeply troubled soul, wouldn't be the first person I'd turn to for a character reference.

Alternatively, a good manager and decent human might have been able to really help CC get his life together after leaving the capital and perhaps he might not have ended up trying to take his own life multiple times?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:49 am

the flying pig wrote:

I assume this all happened before the first of his suicide attempts? Nothing against the guy but he's a deeply troubled soul

Bit of an odd take, that. You can only really read those comments in one of three ways:

a) They’re factually correct.
b) They’re a complete fabrication
c) Carlisle in some way completely misread the situation.

I struggle to see that either b) or c) look more likely than a), whatever Carlisle’s personal history.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:09 am

eric olthwaite wrote:
the flying pig wrote:

I assume this all happened before the first of his suicide attempts? Nothing against the guy but he's a deeply troubled soul

Bit of an odd take, that. You can only really read those comments in one of three ways:

a) They’re factually correct.
b) They’re a complete fabrication
c) Carlisle in some way completely misread the situation.

I struggle to see that either b) or c) look more likely than a), whatever Carlisle’s personal history.

i suppose i'm suggesting that (c) is very plausible, maybe some kind of exageration/partial truth [e.g. blackwell had an occasional oafish &/or brusque streak, some of the players weren't above rolling their eyes at stuff he came out with], guess i'm not a skyscraper sized fan of CC based on the little i know of him, seems to have a lot of kids with different women, has admitted to drink driving, above all i suppose the story about the van driver who CC jumped in front of ultimately ending up killing *him*self left a v bad taste in my mouth, a real cunt's trick for him to do that, there are loads of other ways he could have topped himself. and i guess there was that stuff that ralph little said about him that time :scratch:

Return to “The Square Ball”