Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Phil LUFC

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:52 pm

The baby faced cunt has started diving before the ball is in the back of the net:

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:58 pm

Was at the game, he was really good. He kept us in it, well, until the end.
Andymac

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:07 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:The baby faced cunt has started diving before the ball is in the back of the net

I had a bit of a doobie earlier so it might be me. Either way I've read that back a few times now and I don't have much problem with his actions as you describe them :scratch:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:01 am

i think he means he could/should have been doing that when he played for us

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:41 am

Eddies Boots wrote:i think he means he could/should have been doing that when he played for us

Exactly.

He's going to develop into a genuinely good keeper now he's gone and we'll be back needing one in under 2 years..

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:50 am

He was never as bad as people made him out to be, he was just too young and inexperienced for us.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:17 am

Pah! He should have come for that second one. Could have got there before the fella who scores. Useless cunt. Glad to be rid. Blah blah etc.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Ex White watch

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:23 am

Phil LUFC wrote:
Eddies Boots wrote:i think he means he could/should have been doing that when he played for us

Exactly.

He's going to develop into a genuinely good keeper now he's gone and we'll be back needing one in under 2 months..

FTFY

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:39 am

Phil LUFC wrote:

Exactly.

He's going to develop into a genuinely good keeper now he's gone and we'll be back needing one in under 2 years..

Nah, I still don't think we are missing out. Three saves does not a keeper make.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:30 pm

I often wonder wether our judgement of keepers is clouded by the prolonged period we had Martyn and Robinson in the sticks who were almost superhuman. Whereas most keepers are no where near that standard. When started going to Leeds Lukic was in the sticks and that guy scared the shit out of me everytime the opposition got a corner

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:38 pm

AndyPaul wrote:I often wonder wether our judgement of keepers is clouded by the prolonged period we had Martyn and Robinson in the sticks who were almost superhuman. Whereas most keepers are no where near that standard. When started going to Leeds Lukic was in the sticks and that guy scared the shit out of me everytime the opposition got a corner

I think our expectations in all positions is too high to be fair. It's too easy to see opposing players have good games against us and assume they do that every week - players at this level all have catastrophic errors in them from time to time.

You're right though, the better ex players do cloud things further. The legend couldn't compete with the ghost of Becchio. When Pablo goes our next 2-3 play makers better be damn good or they'll be hammered by comparison, we'll remember the genius and forget those woeful misplaced passes on half way and the days he's not been on it at all.

The example which always sticks in my mind is the Grayson season where we finished just outside the playoffs. On paper Bannan and Livermore were quality players, far better than Johnson and Kilkenny but neither made an impact. Both have had solid careers since but so have Johnson and Howson (less so Kilkenny). The ultimate conclusion has to be that the players we had were actually pretty decent.

BPF was ok last season for the most part, he didn't cost us too many points but he did concede 5-10 goals he should have saved (and probably would 8/10 times). Kiko was supposed to be a significant step up but when it mattered you have to wonder where we'd be if he hadn't come in. Who could we get who would actually be a big step up? Westwood is always brilliant against us but has already been sent off this season for a Kiko style excursion, Butland has made many high profile errors. I don't even know who the best keepers in the division are supposed to be.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Just read Lewis Cook played 77 minutes today, first game backk after his long injury lay off. Bournemouth v Everton might have carried some interest if I'd realised earlier it was Cook v Delph in midfield.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:16 pm

Just noticed that the Haland Junior has opened his CL account for Salzburg.
Andymac

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:52 pm

Update, he done a hatrick
Andymac

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:32 pm

It does seem like he might be a good player.

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:21 pm

Had to research this one from the Beeb:
GOAL - Burton Albion 1-0 Bournemouth
Oliver Sarkic (14 mins)

Could this be a shock, that wouldn't really be a shock?

Great finish from former Leeds midfielder Oliver Sarkic, who volleys in free at the far post. Burton got to the semis last year, remember.

I don't really follow the youngsters, and only know about them when constantly mentioned on here, but this one was a mystery.

From wiki:
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2015–2018 Benfica B 44 (5)
2017 → Fafe (loan) 19 (2)
2017 → Leeds United (loan) 0 (0)
2018–2019 Leeds United 0 (0)
2018–2019 → Barakaldo (loan) 12 (1)
2019– Burton Albion 5 (0)

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:04 pm

Heck’s sent off after the protesting the free-kick that led to Celtic’s equalizer today, can’t have long left in his job if things don’t improve.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:59 am

Article about English players abroad mentions that ronaldo viera started at the weekend, no idea how he's doing more generally.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... es-england

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:17 am

the flying pig wrote:Article about English players abroad mentions that ronaldo viera started at the weekend, no idea how he's doing more generally.

I saw some of this game (seemed more interesting than WHamvsPalace)
Commentator said they had 4 or 5 injuries in the squad, implying that was why he started. But I don't know his recent appearances there.
Also that Sampdoria are "investing" in a lot of young players from around europe, because the owner is not going to put a lot of money into the team and buy established top-level players. So i am assuming he has a lot of competition for a starting place.
Was a while before i heard his name called, and even then i think the guy said "Patrick". But his contributions were very simple passes and winning tackles - no surprises there.
They lost 2-0.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Ex White watch

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:30 pm

the flying pig wrote:Article about English players abroad mentions that ronaldo viera started at the weekend, no idea how he's doing more generally.

That article also mentions that Lewis Baker also started in the Bundesliga. How the fuck?

Return to “The Square Ball”