Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
MightyWhite

Re: Ex White watch

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:31 pm

Impressive that a man of Gary Mac’s vintage is still bowling out of bars at 4am in the morning.

But yeah, horrible bloody business.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:10 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Impressive that a man of Gary Mac’s vintage is still bowling out of bars at 4am in the morning.

Depressingly that's usually when I get up with child number one :(

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:31 am

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:39 am

the flying pig wrote:a bit of a shame, this https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -tottenham.

Agree. Still, Danny can afford to spend 25K on a night out in London, so he wins ...

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:57 pm

Here or stupid cunts. WGS did a bad.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:18 pm

Definitely Stupid Cunts.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:47 am

Taylor man of the match for Burnley seems to be having a very good season.

Tommy

Ex White watch

Postby Tommy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:11 pm

Matty Penns features quite prominently in this. I’ve seldom experienced so much relief for us not signing a player.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:28 pm

With some remote connection to the discussion on the other thread about the players needed if we get promoted, I’d entirely forgotten that Lee Peltier is a Premier League footballer.

Crikey.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:29 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:With some remote connection to the discussion on the other thread about the players needed if we get promoted, I’d entirely forgotten that Lee Peltier is a Premier League footballer.

Crikey.

In fairness so was Michael Brown which goes to show even a lack of talent won't hold you back if you have the determination to succeed

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:26 pm

Michael Brown appears to be R5’s ‘expert’ for tonight’s Barometer game at the Etihad...

:shock:
I like it. What is it?

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:54 pm

Tommy wrote:Matty Penns features quite prominently in this. I’ve seldom experienced so much relief for us not signing a player.

Doesn't help that they've got The Cat's doppelganger in goal
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:26 pm

i think 25 yrs yesterday since rod wallace scored this peach. very good little player, i think he'd be even better wide in a modern front three, he was a perfectly good second striker in a 4-4-2, but i think his attributes would have suited a wide role [obvs not wide in an old-style midfield four] even more.

Wing Wizard

Postby Wing Wizard » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:57 pm

That is a peach of a goal from Wallace, as good as anything Sterling or Salah would score nowadays.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Terrify your opposition, capitalise.

Bielsa.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:30 pm

It was odd about that ‘92 team, there were always fan favourites and lesser players but without correlation to contribution or ability. It always seemed for example that Chris Whyte was more popular than Chris Fairclough. Wallace was one who never seemed to get the love he deserved.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 pm

My memory of the 92 team was we had a midfield and no-one else seemed to matter.

They were of course exceptional, but it was unfair all the other members got hardly any credit. Even Dorigo :pale:

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:27 pm

Wing Wizard wrote:That is a peach of a goal from Wallace, as good as anything Sterling or Salah would score nowadays.

It was extraordinary really (befitting, I suppose, a goal of the season winner, especially given that few neutrals would vote for a Leeds goal), either the finish alone or the run alone would have been excellent but together, out of this world.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:37 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:...Chris Whyte was more popular than Chris Fairclough...

Was he? I suppose he was, really. Fairclough didn't put a foot wrong in our promotion season but never did quite as well in the top flight... really quick, strong, guy, decent tackler, great in the air for his height, but not really all that much of a footballer, proper toblerone feet. Him and Lukic are definitely the two who struggled with the back pass rule, I daresay old 'Huggy' Whyte might have adapted to it well enough if he hadn't been the wrong side of 30 and playing in a no man's land of a defensive unit.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:53 am

welshwhite wrote:My memory of the 92 team was we had a midfield and no-one else seemed to matter.

They were of course exceptional, but it was unfair all the other members got hardly any credit. Even Dorigo :pale:

They were a very good team , emphasis on team here , Man Utd probably had better individuals but Wilko had put together a superb team . The midfield were a great unit , but it was a good all round side . Man Utd fans say Leeds only won due to Cantona ( should have sold him abroad rather than Scum .....but that's history ) but that's a fallacy IMO , the side were already on the way to the title but he did give that bit of unexpected when he played , a bit of a maverick and maybe the side needed that . It was a shame that a lot of those players , like Revie's , all seemed to suddenly age at the same time , however I can understand Wilko getting David Rocastle to replace Strachan , but Strachan was almost indestructible and carried on at the same level , shame for Rocastle s he could have been good . I saw the charity shield though at Wembley and the defence ( esp right side & central ) looked distinctly dodgy - if memory serves Snodin was played at right back as I think Sterland was retired or injured by then . You could see problems but Wilko never corrected or rectified them , the pass back law didn't help a slow/ageing defence and Lukic like Gary Sprake was always prone to loony moments ....but for that one season they were bloody superb .

Return to “The Square Ball”