Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
thechubbyone

Re: Ex White watch

Postby thechubbyone » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:33 am

gazurtoids wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:
gazurtoids wrote:Gus Poyet can get fucked.

Bloody good manager though.

Aye, seems so.

I expect he will be installed as favourite for the Leeds job once Ken sacks Grayson.

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:27 am

Kenneth rather burnt his bridges with him though, didn't he? Think his ego could handle going crawling back to Poyet?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:30 am

thechubbyone wrote:
gazurtoids wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:Bloody good manager though.

Aye, seems so.

I expect he will be installed as favourite for the Leeds job once Ken sacks Grayson.

Some smug bastard might have started a thread about this a while ago.

I can't see Gus leaving Brighton for Leeds at all.

Firstly, with season ticket sales / bonds etc the new Brighton (Amex :roll: ) stadium is going to be pretty much a sell out next year, even if it is only 22k or whatever, and I think Gus will want at least one season seeing what his team can do there.

Secondly, he knows what a cunt Bates is already.

Thirdly he reckons himself no end, and I'd say he's already worked out that if he pulls off a good first season with Brighton, someone from the Prem will call. That's where he thinks he's going. Not some part time bunch of chancers like Leeds fucking United.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:08 pm

Seems Paul Hart was not that impressed with the attitude of grella who started 5 of 7 games under Hart and came on as sub in one of the others, He said:

Hart reacted to Grella's revelations by telling BBC Wiltshire: "His view was he hadn't played enough football, yet he started in five of the seven games that I've been in charge. It's amazing. It's beyond me.

"We don't need people like that. He expressly wished to go back to Leeds, but what he's going to do back there I don't know," Hart added, in a startling outburst

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:06 pm

ADJECTIVE: whoredom DEFINITION: To be called Dom whilst whoring a book around in the hope of upping its sales.

In the latest installment, following on from the ....if I could have been arsed to try a bit harder to be professional at Leeds I would have played better and been fitter, but I wasnt so I couldnt, Dom reveals more insight to endear him to the Leeds faithfull ................ " I never wanted to leave Liverpool "

Cheers Dom, got any more like that

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:51 pm

That's not surprising to be fair. No-one thinks he's a lifelong LUFC fan or anything.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:49 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:ADJECTIVE: whoredom DEFINITION: To be called Dom whilst whoring a book around in the hope of upping its sales.

In the latest installment, following on from the ....if I could have been arsed to try a bit harder to be professional at Leeds I would have played better and been fitter, but I wasnt so I couldnt, Dom reveals more insight to endear him to the Leeds faithfull ................ " I never wanted to leave Liverpool "

Cheers Dom, got any more like that

He's said that on record plenty of times before. Sort of redeemed himself by going to say he was surprised at the leeds setup as until he'd signed he hadn't realised how big we were and he was lucky to play for both clubs ...etc.

He'd not have left them if they hadn't told him one day he'd be 1st choice LB and then replaced him with Zeige the next.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Wonder if he's as successful as in the chief's testamonial :mrgreen:

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Thu May 19, 2011 7:55 pm

EED is the Dutch Second Division (NAC is the cup). That's 17 goals in 24 appearances this season, 29 in 32 last.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 19, 2011 8:10 pm

moscowhite wrote:
EED is the Dutch Second Division (NAC is the cup). That's 17 goals in 24 appearances this season, 29 in 32 last.

Yes yes, but only 4 yellows in 1500 minutes. That's nowhere near enough. (That goal scoring record makes me wonder why he was relatively uninspiring for us... Is the dutch 2nd Div shite?)
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

The Gentleman Thug

Postby The Gentleman Thug » Thu May 19, 2011 8:29 pm

The Dutch first division is shit, which is why you get so many 7&8-0 drubbings. Easy to score in Holland, innit? :roll:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Could you stop stalking me please, it's getting disturbing :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Thu May 19, 2011 9:08 pm

de Vries!

Fuck me we've had some shit!

simplyleedsutd

Postby simplyleedsutd » Fri May 20, 2011 9:58 am

Several ex-Whites to be managed by good old Paolo Di Canio at Swindon.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun May 22, 2011 4:40 pm

beckford scored an apparently great goal vs. chelsea.

delph off with injury after less than half an hour. any possible achievement-related further payments are, uh, fading into the distance.

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon May 23, 2011 9:09 am

the flying pig wrote:beckford scored an apparently great goal vs. chelsea.

Great isn't the word for it, nearly brought a tear to my eye, n I could give a fuck about our rejects :D (though it is nice seeing Chelsea fall apart like that :) even with this commentary ...

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon May 23, 2011 9:29 am

jackos wrote:
the flying pig wrote:beckford scored an apparently great goal vs. chelsea.

Great isn't the word for it, nearly brought a tear to my eye, n I could give a fuck about our rejects :D (though it is nice seeing Chelsea fall apart like that :) even with this commentary ...

The moment of the match for me was definitely in the first half when Beckford went to slide the ball past the Keeper into the far corner and actually managed to kick it out for a throw-in. It really makes you wonder how he scores so many goals because the rest of his game is pretty shit.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon May 23, 2011 11:38 am

t'grauniad sums up the goal nicely:

"...Beckford stole the ball from Frank Lampard on the edge of Everton's penalty area. What ensued was as breathtaking as it was ridiculous, as the striker ploughed upfield, away from flailing Chelsea players. He emerged with the ball after a couple of ricochets when the visiting pack briefly caught him in the centre circle, then wriggled free to bear down on goal. His shot flicked from Petr Cech's fingertips and might have bounced wide but, as Goodison Park held its breath, the spin turned the ball into the net."

Return to “The Square Ball”