Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mr Reality

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Phatphil65 wrote:Wasn't going to take the bait from the miserable git, but as you are a maths teacher (so I believe), isn't 1992 more than "15-20" years ago?

Anyway, name the players, in that timescale, who were more naturally talented the The Sardine.

He was in England till 97( So just over 20 years ago) there wasn't any bait just a general comment. Not sure why you need to mention my job.

As for better players how many do you want?

To name a few
Henry
Aguero
Sanchez
Suarez
Torres
Van persie
Bergkamp
Tevez
Drogba
Ronaldo
Hazard

That's only a few attackers could list plenty more.

Cantona was a shiny toy when English football was dull and lacking in quality, so far behind Italy it was untrue. But he never did it Europe or France. The fact he was on trial at Sheffield Wednesday tells you all you need to know.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Do you mind me asking what age you are Mr R. I'm interested only from the perspective of how old you were when those players , (and Cantona in particular)were in their pomp

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:53 pm

If you disagree that's fine in life that happens.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:15 pm

Mr Reality wrote:If you disagree that's fine in life that happens.

Well I suppose I'd disagree with the majority on the list , but as you say that's no big deal.

Genuinely it occurred to me that your frame of reference might be different if you were still quite young when Cantona was here which is not improbable.

Munson

Postby Munson » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:08 am

Phatphil65 wrote:
Munson wrote:Still a cunt though.

And what has that got to do with it?

We have had many cunts play for us both before and after him. I don't want to invite him around my Mums for tea, but if he wore white and played well for us , then he gets a pass from me.

Well yes, i probably should've clarified that as a personal opinion.

Talented player no doubt. Loved watching him play.
But then 1996. We played them at home I was at ER with a bunch of mates and family. Part of my stag do to boot.
We lost four nil. At home. To them. At home. 4-0.
He scored at the kop end. Stood and did his sort of statue celebration thing. All majestic and "fuck you" like.
Ruined the stag do. The wedding.
Marriage turned out to be a shambles.
Because Eric.

In fairness, we'd lost it way before that.

I still should've Kung Foo Kenny'd him.
In the throat.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:57 pm

In other news, good to see Burnley not won a game since 12th December. Coincides almost exactly with Charlie Taylors’ promotion to 1st team.

Phatphil65

Postby Phatphil65 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:49 pm

Yeboah wrote:In other news, good to see Burnley not won a game since 12th December. Coincides almost exactly with Charlie Taylors’ promotion to 1st team.

Wood ain't no good too.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:51 am

Mr Reality wrote:
Phatphil65 wrote:Wasn't going to take the bait from the miserable git, but as you are a maths teacher (so I believe), isn't 1992 more than "15-20" years ago?

Anyway, name the players, in that timescale, who were more naturally talented the The Sardine.

He was in England till 97( So just over 20 years ago) there wasn't any bait just a general comment. Not sure why you need to mention my job.

As for better players how many do you want?

To name a few
Henry
Aguero
Sanchez
Suarez
Torres
Van persie
Bergkamp
Tevez
Drogba
Ronaldo
Hazard

That's only a few attackers could list plenty more.

Cantona was a shiny toy when English football was dull and lacking in quality, so far behind Italy it was untrue. But he never did it Europe or France. The fact he was on trial at Sheffield Wednesday tells you all you need to know.

you've basically named 11 ATG's, who at their best were indeed all a fair bit better than Eric [streets ahead in the case of Henry & Ronaldo]. but that doesn't alter the fact that he was, as i said earlier, as good as any forward in england at the time [probably not actually better than someone like say ian wright but just about as good, in his very different way], other than shearer, & as such an immensely handy asset to a basically midtable squad like the one we had in 92/93.

Return to “The Square Ball”