Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Vampire

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Vampire » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:54 am

welshwhite wrote:I mean its as recent as today that we've had racism and gayism just on one small thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5522

Truly shocking, Rhys. The ignorance of anyone using the term "Baaaardiff."

Don"t these bigots know the city has been totally Anglicised since the time of Llywelyn the Last, with hardly anyone living there these days able to trace pure sheep shagging ancestry?
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:02 am

Vampire wrote:
welshwhite wrote:I mean its as recent as today that we've had racism and gayism just on one small thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5522

Don"t these bigots know the city has been totally Anglicised since the time of Llywelyn the Last, with hardly anyone living there these days able to trace pure sheep shagging ancestry?

I have a holiday home in Baaaardiff, B. Close to an open farm of course :wink: :thumbl:

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:18 am

welshwhite wrote:
Vampire wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5522

I have a holiday home in Baaaardiff, B. Close to an open farm of course :wink: :thumbl:

I'm sure that's just one of your many holiday homes, Rhys.

If only Llywelyn the Last had followed your example and enjoyed constant holidays off the income of his tenants rather than pissing off that nasty Pom Edward I, history might have been different and Wales a less Anglicised place.
:mrgreen:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:45 pm

Mark aizlewood?

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:04 am

Bartley looked solid last night,& settled as Capt in the ducks 8-1 mauling of NC in the cup.
However Snudger now player manager & Dicko the enforcer did not have a good nite.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:29 am

Smith is player-coach. Their manager is Kevin Nolan. The former came on when it was already 7-1.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:17 pm

Tommy wrote:Smith is player-coach. Their manager is Kevin Nolan. The former came on when it was already 7-1.

Did everyone see this?

Check out @MrPaulRobinson’s Tweet:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:41 pm

It's like the Second Coming. Is he channelling Prutton of old?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:52 pm

Ho hum.

Phatphil65

Postby Phatphil65 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:07 pm

What an utterly ridiculously talented footballer. Still can't quite work out why Wilkinson sold him to the scum and helped them found years of success :scratch:

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:28 pm

Phatphil65 wrote:What an utterly ridiculously talented footballer. Still can't quite work out why Wilkinson sold him to the scum and helped them found years of success :scratch:

Leslie Ash (allegedly)

Phatphil65

Postby Phatphil65 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:22 am

LSD&2Es wrote:
Phatphil65 wrote:What an utterly ridiculously talented footballer. Still can't quite work out why Wilkinson sold him to the scum and helped them found years of success :scratch:

Leslie Ash (allegedly)

He should have fucked off Lee Chapman instead then. Can't really compare the two as footballers can you?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:42 am

Missed off that cracker against Chelsea at home. Ball juggling brilliance.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:45 am

yeah, the video reminds you that he actually got a fair few goals [11 with no penalties, better than a goal every other game, pretty much career best totals] & put in some very good performances in a badly struggling 1992/93 leeds team.

other than Shearer he was as good as any English-based player in his position at the time [something that applied to, at best, three or four of the other squad members] , even in global terms he probably wasn't far off the top ten. only at Leeds...

Munson

Postby Munson » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Still a cunt though.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:47 pm

the flying pig wrote:even in global terms he probably wasn't far off the top ten. only at Leeds...

Oh, I dunno. Accepted wisdom seems to be that he didn't cut it in the CL or his (which was at the time, in fairness, exceptional) national side.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:03 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
the flying pig wrote:even in global terms he probably wasn't far off the top ten. only at Leeds...

Oh, I dunno. Accepted wisdom seems to be that he didn't cut it in the CL or his (which was at the time, in fairness, exceptional) national side.

pff, well.

he obviously wasn't nearly as good as zidane & wasn't that exceptional by the standards of the rest of that generation of french players who were mostly c five years younger than him [e.g. djorkaeff was roughly as good & played in the same position with about 0.05% of the ego and hassle]. as we know, they could even afford not to pick david ginola. even from his own generation papin was the bigger star & better player.

nor was he ever up there with the small handful of really [globally] top players of his day, romario, george weah, baggio ,& whoever.

maybe say all of the top countries had something like one or two attacking players who were a little better.

but he was certainly a really huge asset in the 'EPL' at a time when so few clubs had brought in a top foreigner. probably roughly as good a striker as dorigo was a LB/batts was a DMC/macca was a playmaker.

i don't see top ten as a particularly outrageous claim. he must have been there or thereabouts for at least a couple of years in the early-mid 90s.

Phatphil65

Postby Phatphil65 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Munson wrote:Still a cunt though.

And what has that got to do with it?

We have had many cunts play for us both before and after him. I don't want to invite him around my Mums for tea, but if he wore white and played well for us , then he gets a pass from me.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:42 pm

the flying pig wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:

pff, well.

he obviously wasn't nearly as good as zidane & wasn't that exceptional by the standards of the rest of that generation of french players who were mostly c five years younger than him [e.g. djorkaeff was roughly as good & played in the same position with about 0.05% of the ego and hassle]. as we know, they could even afford not to pick david ginola. even from his own generation papin was the bigger star & better player.

nor was he ever up there with the small handful of really [globally] top players of his day, romario, george weah, baggio ,& whoever.

maybe say all of the top countries had something like one or two attacking players who were a little better.

but he was certainly a really huge asset in the 'EPL' at a time when so few clubs had brought in a top foreigner. probably roughly as good a striker as dorigo was a LB/batts was a DMC/macca was a playmaker.

i don't see top ten as a particularly outrageous claim. he must have been there or thereabouts for at least a couple of years in the early-mid 90s.

He stood out as a maverick but that was largely because English football was pretty much 442 in straight lines.

But compared some of the players who have played here in the last 15-20 years he's nowhere near.

Phatphil65

Postby Phatphil65 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:43 pm

Wasn't going to take the bait from the miserable git, but as you are a maths teacher (so I believe), isn't 1992 more than "15-20" years ago?

Anyway, name the players, in that timescale, who were more naturally talented the The Sardine.

Return to “The Square Ball”