Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Man Called Sun

Re: Ex White watch

Postby Man Called Sun » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:40 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Front page of the Metro this morning. Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, based on facts the paper’s putting two and two together and making 27. It’s a shitty way to deal with a dead bloke and his family.

Yeah, I'm surprised at the mileage it's been getting in national media. Hypothesis is never helpful in these situations.
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Utrecht on Sky Sports Mix tonight, their free channel. Anybody desperate enough to check on Klich? Thought not.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:13 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Utrecht on Sky Sports Mix tonight, their free channel. Anybody desperate enough to check on Klich? Thought not.

Washing my hair. Soz m8 :cry:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:28 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Utrecht on Sky Sports Mix tonight, their free channel. Anybody desperate enough to check on Klich? Thought not.

Washing my hair. Soz m8 :cry:

Klich didn't start, but watched it for ten minutes and the Standard I would say is equivalent to the Scottish Premier league mid table teams roughly.

That surprises me as I still romantically think of Holland as the land of Johan Cruyff, Neeskens and Johnny Rep. it may explain how Jay-Ray Grot gets away with looking a cut above in this league

The only goal in the game so far was an essay in truly terrible defending, and even Hockaday could coach them to do better. As for the goalie.. Whaaatt are you doing!!

Also If the grounds man at Middleton rec produced a pitch like this he'd be truly ashamed

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:11 pm

Turn on the TV to BT sport ....... yes I'm one of the few people who pay for legal sports coverage on here. Watching Mirco Antenucci play for Spa against Inter in Serie A.

Currently 1-0 but he's playing really well.

occurs to me that If we still had him he'd likely be our No.1 striker, definitely far better than JRG, KR and PC.......PML different kind of player.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:21 pm

..and he's just set up the equaliser in the 89th minute.....perfect cross nodded in.

Phatphil65

Postby Phatphil65 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:30 pm

Watching Citeh playing Colins cloggers. Just reminded me how much I fucking hate that man. He's got Kevin "I'll give you a job for a 50k kickback" Blackwell sat next to him. What a couple of fucking dinosaurs.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:10 pm

Phatphil65 wrote:Watching Citeh playing Colins cloggers. Just reminded me how much I fucking hate that man. He's got Kevin "I'll give you a job for a 50k kickback" Blackwell sat next to him. What a couple of fucking dinosaurs.

Agreed. Can stand the man.
Andymac

Wing Wizard

Postby Wing Wizard » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:13 pm

You mean Colin the man who said that Sol Bamba was a better defender than Van Dijk?

A football dinosaur and complete cunt

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:38 pm

Ian Harte is a dick. That is all.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:54 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Ian Harte is a dick. That is all.

Aye, now he pipes up. Not when the academy was being decimated but now we have had to bring in players from overseas as well as here to prop it up. Also, I doubt that the coach was speaking to everyone in Spanish.
Twat.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:09 am

How long has he been an agent?

Maybe only now he has the access and is able to give an opinion.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:23 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Ian Harte is a dick. That is all.

A dick and a massive racist it seems.....

Didn't he go and play in Spain too?

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:42 am

Harte’s a twat for posting that; alcohol influenced perhaps?
I tuned in to 30 minutes of an U23’s game a couple or so weeks back and I did though find it odd that all the instructions from our bench seemed to be in Spanish, given that most of the players weren’t Spanish speakers anorl.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:00 am

Also, hardly a local academy lad himself.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:40 pm

Mr Reality wrote:How long has he been an agent?

I think this is the key point but most likely because Denton wasn't in the side. He'll have had access but better things to do before that (especially while still playing).

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:22 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:

I think this is the key point but most likely because Denton wasn't in the side. He'll have had access but better things to do before that (especially while still playing).

There is a discussion to be had about how the club sees the academy.

Harte mentioned a lack of passion which is a worry.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:41 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:

Given the shenanigans in Cellino's first summer and the McKay kids/Billy Whitehouse it doesn't seem at all unlikely there's been some serious neglect to the academy leading to a lack of quality in the U18s to U23s. I wouldn't know of course but doubt many others truly do either. We'll have to wait and see if the current policy is considered the future or simply plugging a short term gap in the production line.

Harte has a vested interest as an agent to Denton and his comments were wide of the mark on make up of the match squad at the very least so not sure we should be reading too much into it. I guess those who watch the U23s more often could offer an opinion?

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:57 pm

I've not read or seen what Harte has said to be a racist, I'm guessing its something against Spanish people? things like that happen quite a lot though...I mean its as recent as today that we've had racism and gayism just on one small thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5522

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:10 am

Phil LUFC wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:I think this is the key point but most likely because Denton wasn't in the side. He'll have had access but better things to do before that (especially while still playing).

Given the shenanigans in Cellino's first summer and the McKay kids/Billy Whitehouse it doesn't seem at all unlikely there's been some serious neglect to the academy leading to a lack of quality in the U18s to U23s. I wouldn't know of course but doubt many others truly do either. We'll have to wait and see if the current policy is considered the future or simply plugging a short term gap in the production line.

Harte has a vested interest as an agent to Denton and his comments were wide of the mark on make up of the match squad at the very least so not sure we should be reading too much into it. I guess those who watch the U23s more often could offer an opinion?

He has an interest but it doesn't mean they are not worth considering.

Like the first team squad questions have to be asked about the planning.

Return to “The Square Ball”