Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
the flying pig

Re: Ex White watch

Postby the flying pig » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:14 am

Both Taylor (getting a run because ward off injured) and Wood looked to have painful nights in Burnley's 0-4 vs spurs, wood forced off and Taylor on the receiving end of a highly dubious dele alli 'challenge' that a burnley player up against big four might have seen red for.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:44 am

the flying pig wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:Beckford's season (and possibly career given he's 34) is over. 8 goals in 16 games for bottom of league one Bury isn't too shabby but now he's having knee surgery.

Aw. Hopefully his Everton/Leicester contracts were thick enough to mean there'll no desperate rush to get back into work. Also given where he came from I doubt he'd bat an eyelid at dropping down into league two or even worse, and why should he, still a fantastic way to earn a living.

I certainly wouldn't be averse to Leeds making a sentimental offer of say minimum wage plus generous expenses to maybe do a bit of say lower division slash non league scouting for us or summat.

According to Google Leicester gave him a 4 year deal on around £40k a week.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/76263-beckfords-wage/

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... h-beckford

Sounds like he'll be ok, absent a serious gambling problem or whatever. Very pleased for the guy, particularly given that lufc got over 50% of his career goals and by the sound of things paid out considerably less than 5% of his career wages :bigsmurf:

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:49 pm

Shame this isn't happening here, big appointment in the ladies game and Redders has done some work with Leeds Ladies within the past could of years:

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Just read this on the BBC's preview of tonight's Millwall v QPR match:

"Steve Morison has had more shots without scoring (52) of any player in the Championship this season."

A good thing, or bad? :mrgreen:

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Ex White watch

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:02 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Just read this on the BBC's preview of tonight's Millwall v QPR match:

"Steve Morison has had more shots without scoring (52) of any player in the Championship this season."

A good thing, or bad? :mrgreen:

Well, you fucking jinxed him with that stat, didn’t you? The legend finally lived up to his reputation tonight.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:53 am

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:41 am

Ross Barkley a complete player worth £15m, sez Conte.

Amazing what happens when he's managed by someone who doesn't cunt him off all the time.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:50 am

£15m for a sometime England international is peanuts isn't it?

Bet Loftus-Cheek is pissed off!

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:15 am

pff, yeah, dunno. conte did compliment barkley but distanced himself a lot from the deal, "...I gave my opinion to the club but the club then decide the players we can buy or we can sell... Recruitment is not my job..."

i don't envisage him getting all that many minutes there, TBH. 'number ten' shirts at big four/big six clubs are so hotly contested, they can bring in almost anyone in the world, barkley's good but not that good.

looks to me like barkley's one of the many potential england players compromising his career by moving to/spending too long at a big four club.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserver/ ... resize=685

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:44 am

In on loan to get some game time? Come on Toni, make it happen. (I loved his demenza senile crack the other day, while I'm on...)
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:46 am

the flying pig wrote:looks to me like barkley's one of the many potential england players compromising his career by moving to/spending too long at a big four club.

Agreed. Thing is, however good/OK/not quite up to it you and I think he really is, we have to allow for the fact that most of these guys will believe in themselves and their ability so much they won't really have a true idea of where they stand. You'd have to believe in yourself to make it as a pro at almost any level, so young Ross will probably think he's on a tier with Gazza, or similar. He'll fancy himself to do well anywhere - well, anywhere in England, certainly. Until he gets no games and moves on to Southampton or West Ham or their equivalent at the time. And there's nowt wrong with having a go, is there?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:00 am

Blackwhite wrote:In on loan to get some game time? Come on Toni, make it happen. (I loved his demenza senile crack the other day, while I'm on...)

Well Chelsea usually do have something like 20-30 players out on loan, right?

But I suspect with Bartley the plan is to keep him on as a fringe player for a couple of years, then sell him on for a small profit, if he turns out better than that it'll be a bonus.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:25 pm

I noticed that kyle bartley is fit again, in the Swansea fa cup team. Re that game I'm a little disappointed to see that wolves have rested a few key players, I daresay they'd have been the better side on the day at full strength.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:27 pm

the flying pig wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:In on loan to get some game time? Come on Toni, make it happen. (I loved his demenza senile crack the other day, while I'm on...)

But I suspect with Bartley the plan is to keep him on as a fringe player for a couple of years, then sell him on for a small profit, if he turns out better than that it'll be a bonus.

It’s all about the homegrown player quota innit?
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:50 pm

Leaving aside the Michael brown comparisons, is it just me who thinks he will be one the best midfielders in the country now he has a platform he believes is commensurate with his talent

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:35 pm

we don't want to be developing our youth players for them to fuck off and shine elsewhere. it isn't always the case though; one of our best bits of 'business' nearly 10 years ago was getting £5m for michael woods and tom taiwo. good to see woods is still pulling up the trees at hartlepool, scoring a brace today in their cup defeat.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:18 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:
the flying pig wrote:

It’s all about the homegrown player quota innit?

Yep I like Bartley but don't see him being anything more than a squad player.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Definite drugs test needed for lichaj.

topbin

Postby topbin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:14 pm

Frankie Fielding in goal for Brizzle tonight, forgotten he existed...

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:07 am

Did he ever play a match for us?

Return to “The Square Ball”