Ex White watch

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
the flying pig

Re: Ex White watch

Postby the flying pig » Tue May 21, 2019 3:52 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Ross's Mr Ten Per Cent deserves an OBE for services to personal wealth creation. Absolute top quality work.

yep. his time at villa really a magnificent indian summer after an already distinguished career - three years on i think it's said to be about £2.5m p.a. plus possibly a fourth year on £3.5m p.a.

eleven million quid [pretax] goes a long way, even these days.

FER

Postby FER » Wed May 22, 2019 12:11 pm

the flying pig wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:Ross's Mr Ten Per Cent deserves an OBE for services to personal wealth creation. Absolute top quality work.

yep. his time at villa really a magnificent indian summer after an already distinguished career - three years on i think it's said to be about £2.5m p.a. plus possibly a fourth year on £3.5m p.a.

From our friends @ Sky Sports:

"Ross McCormack will get a near-£1million bonus if Aston Villa are promoted to the Premier League, despite not playing a single game for the club this season, Sky Sports News understands.

The Scotland international has been on loan at Melbourne City in Australia after falling out with Villa boss Steve Bruce.

It is thought McCormack earns more than £2.3m a year while commitments in his deal - which has two years left to run - could result in an automatic increase to more than £3m if Villa win the play-offs."
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun May 26, 2019 7:21 pm

So Lee Bowyer got Charlton promoted today. I've been watching us since 93/94 season and still maintain he was the best midfielder I've seen play for us despite all his obvious character flaws.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun May 26, 2019 7:31 pm

AndyPaul wrote:So Lee Bowyer got Charlton promoted today. I've been watching us since 93/94 season and still maintain he was the best midfielder I've seen play for us despite all his obvious character flaws.

Don't forget about Jason Pearce.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun May 26, 2019 9:32 pm

Interesting the gushing for Bowyer on #lufc tonight. I might be misremembering but wasn’t his departure pretty acrimonious? Seem to recall he threw his toys out the pram after being held to account over his part in Mill Hill and deliberately ran his contract down, thus costing us a fair chunk of transfer monies?
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun May 26, 2019 9:58 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Interesting the gushing for Bowyer on #lufc tonight. I might be misremembering but wasn’t his departure pretty acrimonious? Seem to recall he threw his toys out the pram after being held to account over his part in Mill Hill and deliberately ran his contract down, thus costing us a fair chunk of transfer monies?

Yeah Liverpool had a bid accepted in the summer he turned it down.

Then he went in January to west ham for 100k.

But given the strange situation at the time with transfer fees I do wonder how much of that fee from Liverpool would have been seen.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun May 26, 2019 9:59 pm

FER wrote:
the flying pig wrote:

From our friends @ Sky Sports:

"Ross McCormack will get a near-£1million bonus if Aston Villa are promoted to the Premier League, despite not playing a single game for the club this season, Sky Sports News understands.

The Scotland international has been on loan at Melbourne City in Australia after falling out with Villa boss Steve Bruce.

It is thought McCormack earns more than £2.3m a year while commitments in his deal - which has two years left to run - could result in an automatic increase to more than £3m if Villa win the play-offs."

He's earned some crazy money considering his limitations.

Fair play to him.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun May 26, 2019 10:02 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:So Lee Bowyer got Charlton promoted today. I've been watching us since 93/94 season and still maintain he was the best midfielder I've seen play for us despite all his obvious character flaws.

Don't forget about Jason Pearce.

*cough*PaulOkon*cough*
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon May 27, 2019 12:22 am

Wasn't there some vile headline in the mirror about him and Ridsdale refused to get involved?

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue May 28, 2019 8:25 am

:shock: :shock:

BC

Postby BC » Tue May 28, 2019 8:28 am

Well that’s £3m we’re not gonna get off anyone anymore

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue May 28, 2019 8:37 am

No fucking way. I refuse to accept that he has the ability to influence the outcome of a match.

So we don't get anything for him, but I guess we don't get to rip up his contract until he's proven guilty. Splendid.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Tue May 28, 2019 8:40 am

Any kind of insurance cover this sort of thing?

At least Raul Bravo’s performances all those years ago make sense at last
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Tue May 28, 2019 8:41 am

COPE radio saying Saiz hasn't been arrested (yet).
Pretty huge scandal on the face of it.
Raul Bravo the mob boss apparently.
Hardly surprising given how badly pro footballers are paid.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Tommy

Ex White watch

Postby Tommy » Tue May 28, 2019 9:28 am

This will probably come to nowt but no doubt it also means we’ll be unable to recoup owt for him & he’ll just exist in a state of limbo until we pay him off or his contract expires. Terrific timing.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue May 28, 2019 9:34 am

Agreed, it's ghastly news, even a quick exoneration (which doesn't strike me as particularly likely, whatever happens it'll be slow) would hit his value.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:40 am

Its maybe another reason why Bielsa was not reluctant to get him out. Little fucker.
Andymac

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue May 28, 2019 9:49 am

Yeah but...

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue May 28, 2019 9:51 am

i thought he hardly ever played when he was there?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue May 28, 2019 10:18 am

If karma 'all balances out in the end', we're getting towards overdue for promotion and about four CL wins on the spin.

Return to “The Square Ball”