Grumpy Old Man Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ontolly

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Ontolly » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:40 pm

Carajo mug - smaller than the average mug. I've done the maths. For every 500 cups of tea some fucker makes me in it I would only have to make them 468. Bit of a scam on raw materials I think.

Your boy had his email yet? Mine hasn't.
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:31 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Ontolly wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:I ordered all 3 mugs, suspect I won't hear anything until all 3 are in stock at once.

Well my order has just this minute arrived. Coincidence? Or is it the squeaky wheel getting the oil?
#paystocomplain

Did they email you to say it had been dispatched? Did you order the Bielsa mug? The website said they wouldn't be in stock until the end of the month when I last looked.

Said on Pod today all out of stock an d next posting out date will be 29th.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:30 pm

metalsmurf wrote:Said on Pod today all out of stock an d next posting out date will be 29th.

The pod was recorded Monday/Tuesday? I listened to it late Tuesday night and checked the website, it also said 29th but if I look now it says in stock. I placed my order on May 22nd so I'm starting to get impatient.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:50 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
metalsmurf wrote:Said on Pod today all out of stock an d next posting out date will be 29th.

The pod was recorded Monday/Tuesday? I listened to it late Tuesday night and checked the website, it also said 29th but if I look now it says in stock. I placed my order on May 22nd so I'm starting to get impatient.

Problem is who do you complain to? They don't care as long as they have your money. It's outrageous.
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:54 pm

Ontolly wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:

Problem is who do you complain to? They don't care as long as they have your money. It's outrageous.

I know, fucking cunts the lot of them.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:26 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:

I know, fucking cunts the lot of them.[/quote]
Have a word with Chubby at the Fulham home game....oh.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Dickhead at work: occasionally useful, more often than not a shit-stirring, confrontational self-aggrandising inexperienced twat. I rarely have the misfortune of working with him, personally.

Me, in every resources meeting for the last three years: ‘On balance, let’s get rid, aye? Someone better’ll happen along at some point.’

‘No, no, better than finding someone. Let’s give him a couple of months and review again.’

Me, on each of the three or four occasions he’s done something stupid / bad enough to warrant particular discussion: ‘Right, a director and the office manager sit down with him and you minute and record it as a disciplinary issue.’

‘No, no, I’ll just have a quiet chat with him, no need to get to formal.’

Me, earlier in the year when a golden opportunity for a no fault quickie divorce pitched up: ‘Let’s just get shot then, yeah?’

‘No, no, we could really do with him finishing what he’s doing for the next two months’

Today, one of the directors: ‘Right, enough, I’m not working with him again. He leaves immediately.’

Me: . . .

Four or five month salary leave quietly payment ensues.

Fuck sake.
HM Collector Of Parcels

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:40 pm

An order from 22nd May should have arrived by now, Phil, but you might be right about them waiting for the first Leeds Fighter design to come back in stock — I'm not sure when it sold out.

Give the suppliers a chase with the order details and ask about it — they're friendly folk and should be able to let you know what's what: http://www.awesomedistro.com/help/
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:06 pm

moscowhite wrote:An order from 22nd May should have arrived by now, Phil, but you might be right about them waiting for the first Leeds Fighter design to come back in stock — I'm not sure when it sold out.

Give the suppliers a chase with the order details and ask about it — they're friendly folk and should be able to let you know what's what: http://www.awesomedistro.com/help/

Yeah I did that earlier today when I dug out the email. The Bielsa and 2nd street fighter mugs were pre-order at the time so assume that's the main delay and hopefully someone had stuck the other one aside in preparation. I'm generally too tight to pay for delivery so if I''m paying that I'm going to get my money's worth (it makes some sense to me) so there''s a couple of other things in there too.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:59 am

moscowhite wrote:An order from 22nd May should have arrived by now, Phil, but you might be right about them waiting for the first Leeds Fighter design to come back in stock — I'm not sure when it sold out.

I'm sure they're friendly but they're not in any hurry to answer emails.

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:19 am

Grumpy doesnt cover how Im feeling about Sykes Cottages right now.

98.7% non refundable deposit, terms undisclosed.

:x
I like it. What is it?

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:53 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:

Got my Bielsa mug for Fathers day....nope it's a Streetfighter one..cunts

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:39 pm

metalsmurf wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:

Got my Bielsa mug for Fathers day....nope it's a Streetfighter one..cunts

Missed father's day but all good here:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:32 pm

Oh fucking hell, now I want one.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:58 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:37 am

So while on a call within view of my front door I've watched my regular miserable cunt of a postman put a 'you weren't in' missed delivery card through my letterbox. No knock. No bell. Couldn't leave the call to catch him before the fat cunt drove off.

He has had Christmas boxes off us, and this Christmas he's getting another, with a rock in it and a card saying ' you weren't in,
Sorry.'

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:49 pm

Blackwhite wrote:So while on a call within view of my front door I've watched my regular miserable cunt of a postman put a 'you weren't in' missed delivery card through my letterbox. No knock. No bell. Couldn't leave the call to catch him before the fat cunt drove off.

My guess is he’s angling to be poached by Hermes.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Nah, he actually made some kind of effort to let me know the parcel existed.

My favourite Hermes driver lobbed my parcel over the garden wall onto the concrete out back. Glass inside. Cheers for that.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:17 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Nah, he actually made some kind of effort to let me know the parcel existed.

Fair point. In that case I meant Yodel.
HM Collector Of Parcels

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:05 am

Why is it that the cunts only have a pop at my wife for parking in a disabled bay (legitimately, with a badge) when I’m not fucking with her :x
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Return to “The Square Ball”