Grumpy Old Man Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:52 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:I think the fact this forum has been divorced from the man Square Ball site for as long as I can remember (there was a link until recently but it was the wrong URL) is the main reason. That and all the fucking communists.

:mrgreen:

London_White

Postby London_White » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:13 pm

Well maybe you should try 'The People's flag is deepest r*d, it shrouded oft our martyred dead'

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:53 pm

London_White wrote:Well maybe you should try 'The People's flag is deepest r*d, it shrouded oft our martyred dead'

:salute:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:55 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:That and all the fucking communists.

communist
/ˈkɒmjʊnɪst/

noun
A condescending middle class white person, usually male, who has a good job in London and who believes they understand the working class because they spent a few months at a university in the North of England.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:57 pm

My, what a chippy fucker :mrgreen:
HM Collector Of Parcels

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:58 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:My, what a chippy fucker :mrgreen:

You were quick :cheers:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:58 pm

jackos wrote:
Professor Weeto wrote:That and all the fucking communists.

communist
/ˈkɒmjʊnɪst/

noun
A condescending middle class white person, usually male, who has a good job in London and who believes they understand the working class because they spent a few months at a university in the North of England.

Ok I lol'd
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:04 pm

We all need a good laugh after these last few months, or was it years. I'm not sure many of us will make it to the New Year if Leeds manage to fuck this one up again.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:56 pm

jackos wrote:We all need a good laugh after these last few months, or was it years.

Yeah, innit.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:53 am

I'm not normally one to whinge about HSW, but I need to visit a quarry in Cornwall to inspect some material in the next couple of weeks.

- I could drive there and back in a day but I can't get this signed off because I'd be too close to the daily safe driving limit and what if I got stuck in traffic etc.
- So I need to stay overnight in a hotel but I can't because they're closed, and I wouldn't be able to eat.
- I could maybe just about make it there and back in a day on the train but it would a bit marginal and involve much greater covid risk than driving.
- Wild camping? Fuck, no.

The distance is pretty much identical to Leeds and back for me - which I've obviously done often enough - and certainly less time given that it doesn't involve the M1 or M25.

Seems to me like the pragmatic solution if you look at coronavirus risks vs travel time is to take a potential hit on the travel time risks but, well, gah.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:09 am

Did a similar journey late last year for a funeral, was a long tiring day and I wasn't driving... Take a flask for road breaks. And hobnobs are good, so I've heard.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:52 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I'm not normally one to whinge about HSW, but I need to visit a quarry in Cornwall to inspect some material in the next couple of weeks.

- I could drive there and back in a day but I can't get this signed off because I'd be too close to the daily safe driving limit and what if I got stuck in traffic etc.
- So I need to stay overnight in a hotel but I can't because they're closed, and I wouldn't be able to eat.
- I could maybe just about make it there and back in a day on the train but it would a bit marginal and involve much greater covid risk than driving.

The distance is pretty much identical to Leeds and back for me - which I've obviously done often enough - and certainly less time given that it doesn't involve the M1 or M25.

Seems to me like the pragmatic solution if you look at coronavirus risks vs travel time is to take a potential hit on the travel time risks but, well, gah.

Make sure you are well rested before and drive it, you're not on a tacho I assume so you can swing it. If you're tired pull over for a rest/coffee/nap.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:56 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I'm not normally one to whinge about HSW, but I need to visit a quarry in Cornwall to inspect some material in the next couple of weeks.

Work in the same industry as you and would normally address this either with hotel or having two people share the driving.

Given current restrictions a risk assessment and planned breaks would seem pragmatic (like you said)
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:07 am

It just occurred to me that I could take junior as a relief driver. They’re paying for the insurance though!
HM Collector Of Parcels

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:58 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:It just occurred to me that I could take junior as a relief driver. They’re paying for the insurance though!

I think you're allowed five subs now, though only three breaks. And one stop each way for a drink.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:56 pm

Ontolly wrote:This fucking site. I wanted to try out my Welsh tribute act and to that end attempted to register a new account (also wanted to sort the Troy Deeney poll). In order to do so you have to provide 'the first line of the club anthem''???
It wouldn't take any of;

Marching on together
Here we go with Leeds United
Everyday we're all gonna say

First line of the club anthem indeed. Fuck off you pretentious cunts.

Sorry, bit late but did you try "If you're watching on the telly, you're a cunt"? (just received my season ticket rebate LUTV login code for all 9 games and can't stop singing the club anthem)

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:
Ontolly wrote:This fucking site. I wanted to try out my Welsh tribute act and to that end attempted to register a new account (also wanted to sort the Troy Deeney poll). In order to do so you have to provide 'the first line of the club anthem''???
It wouldn't take any of;

Marching on together

Sorry, bit late but did you try "If you're watching on the telly, you're a cunt"? (just received my season ticket rebate LUTV login code for all 9 games and can't stop singing the club anthem)

Apparently you have to tweet the cunts if you get stuck. They really are a fucking disgrace. I ordered a t shirt and mug off the cunts last week. Haven't received a fucking thing.
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:45 pm

Ontolly wrote:
Bobbycollins wrote:
It wouldn't take any of;

Marching on together

Apparently you have to tweet the cunts if you get stuck. They really are a fucking disgrace. I ordered a t shirt and mug off the cunts last week. Haven't received a fucking thing.

I ordered all 3 mugs, suspect I won't hear anything until all 3 are in stock at once.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:58 am

Phil LUFC wrote:I ordered all 3 mugs, suspect I won't hear anything until all 3 are in stock at once.

Well my order has just this minute arrived. Coincidence? Or is it the squeaky wheel getting the oil?
#paystocomplain

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:47 am

Ontolly wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:I ordered all 3 mugs, suspect I won't hear anything until all 3 are in stock at once.

Well my order has just this minute arrived. Coincidence? Or is it the squeaky wheel getting the oil?
#paystocomplain

Did they email you to say it had been dispatched? Did you order the Bielsa mug? The website said they wouldn't be in stock until the end of the month when I last looked.

Return to “The Square Ball”