Grumpy Old Man Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ontolly

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Ontolly » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:35 pm

Sexist blokes who think that by getting all angry about stupid women's stupid football issues they are been all modern and 21st century and that when in all reality they know and I know that they are looking at the women's tits and sneering at their limited footballing abilities.

You make me and Richard Keys puke :pukel:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

JimbobMaloney

Postby JimbobMaloney » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:58 pm

Ontolly wrote:Sexist blokes who think that by getting all angry about stupid women's stupid football issues they are been all modern and 21st century and that when in all reality they know and I know that they are looking at the women's tits and sneering at their limited footballing abilities.

You make me and Richard Keys puke :pukel:

Actually, I think you'll find that I saw it on the actual BBC news this evening - which I happen to know is a proper actual respected channel around here, especially for its balanced news reporting, so much so that its got its own actual thread - and it mostly pissed me off because they automatically leapfrog Leeds by a tier or two.
And I think you'll actually also find that I play actual football on an evening on a pitch next to where actual ladies also play and on the hotter nights they've been playing in just their actual sports bras and I didn't even look after the seventh time on one evening....so there.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:33 am

Probably shows that women’s football is still very amateur at the lower levels. Fast tracking new teams into higher divisions is something the pub League I used to play in did when they realised most of the players that had signed on were too good for the bottom rung
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:37 am

MightyWhite wrote:Probably shows that women’s football is still very amateur at the lower levels. Fast tracking new teams into higher divisions is something the pub League I used to play in did when they realised most of the players that had signed on were too good for the bottom rung

This is all about money. It costs a silly amount to run a ladies team Vs the public interest, for the levels they want to be Pro teams only the only real choice is a rich benefactor. Scum can afford it, not that many others can but still, there were others who could have who've been overlooked.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:39 pm

Just realised I’m ten years older than Patrick Bamford. I guess I’m too old to play and probably should stop taking my boots to games, you know, just in case I’m needed....

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:12 am

AndyPaul wrote:Just realised I’m ten years older than Patrick Bamford. I guess I’m too old to play and probably should stop taking my boots to games, you know, just in case I’m needed....

I just wear the multiple use trainers these days. Saves carrying the extra pair.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:39 am

We're just four games into the season in my local football league. We play all our home games on an astra-turf pitch. During set-pieces I get my Mrs to bring on my pogo-stick.
The refs have been in a right conundrum checking all the rules about them because of the advantage it gives in my Arial duels.
There's a league meeting on Tuesday night and they will chat about it then.

This Sundays game could be the last time I'll be allowed to use it.....Cuuuunts

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 am

AndyPaul wrote:Just realised I’m ten years older than Patrick Bamford. I guess I’m too old to play and probably should stop taking my boots to games, you know, just in case I’m needed....

:thumbl:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:36 am

Could go in other places but here will do. I read a piece on line saying that something like 92% of young women had been groped / molested / physically harassed in some way at gigs / clubs / festivals. I think the stat came from Sweden where an all female music festival had been set up; no male attendees or bands.

So I asked my girls about their experiences. What really depresses me is that they consider this stuff so commonplace as to be completely unremarkable. Both said that on occasion they'd violently attacked individuals groping them, which is clearly far from ideal, have had people thrown out of clubs and had relied on the presence of groups of male friends to step in. One of them said that she found the things that had happened to her on crowded Tubes far worse because you don't even have the context of people being pissed.

Fucking hell. Naive, stupid old me thought that post-feminism, a younger generation of men would have better values than those I was brought up with. It seems not. This shit makes me so angry. I get that the experience of 92% of women does not equate to 92% of men being a problem, but it must be a fuck of a lot.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:09 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Could go in other places but here will do. I read a piece on line saying that something like 92% of young women had been groped / molested / physically harassed in some way at gigs / clubs / festivals. I think the stat came from Sweden where an all female music festival had been set up; no male attendees or bands.

So I asked my girls about their experiences. What really depresses me is that they consider this stuff so commonplace as to be completely unremarkable. Both said that on occasion they'd violently attacked individuals groping them, which is clearly far from ideal, have had people thrown out of clubs and had relied on the presence of groups of male friends to step in. One of them said that she found the things that had happened to her on crowded Tubes far worse because you don't even have the context of people being pissed.

Fucking hell. Naive, stupid old me thought that post-feminism, a younger generation of men would have better values than those I was brought up with. It seems not. This shit makes me so angry. I get that the experience of 92% of women does not equate to 92% of men being a problem, but it must be a fuck of a lot.

Saw your tweets on exactly this yesterday, it's fucking shit.

Semi related (clearly not the same thing but a minor glimpse at the mentality).. for my best mates stag do a few years back I dressed him in a bright pink ABBA style jump suit, if he'd wanted to he could have had the most successful night out he'd ever had, it involved lots of lasses pinching his arse, all without permission, all very playful with no offence caused (I guess that's a big part of the issue, I imagine a lot of these young lads don't see any harm in it at all and presumably some lasses also consider it trivial or maybe even enjoyable?). For my stag earlier this year, he got his revenge by dressing me as a buxom blonde bavarian beer maid. My experience was very different, most of the attention was from pissed up lads taking the piss but it was all quite surreal and there was genuine anger from some when they were rejected from something they didn't actually want in the first place. My inflatable chest got repeatedly groped by members of both sexes. I fear I've over-shared here!

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:18 pm

You planned this event two years ago.
I’ve been working on this conference for six months.
It’s in four weeks time.
I fly out in three.
We met face to face two days ago,
And TODAY you tell me you want it to be about something else entirely?

I like it. What is it?

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:46 pm

I want a two minute telephone conversation with a GP. The earliest they can fit me in is 9th October. Practically a two fucking week wait for a fucking quick telephone call - not to clog up their precious waiting room. They make me fucking sick - or at least the fucking cunts would except I probably wouldn't get an appointment until March.

Fuck this country and fuck the medical profession. Thank you for listening.
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Ring 101.

JohnGiles

Postby JohnGiles » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:07 pm

Ontolly wrote:I want a two minute telephone conversation with a GP. The earliest they can fit me in is 9th October. Practically a two fucking week wait for a fucking quick telephone call - not to clog up their precious waiting room. They make me fucking sick - or at least the fucking cunts would except I probably wouldn't get an appointment until March.

Mr Punch (senior)

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:32 pm

OWETB wrote:Ring 101.

I wish - it's about something in my records :thumbd:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:51 pm

Ontolly wrote:

Just do it by writing - tell them you now identify as female and are complete where it matters, bish bash bosh, done. :thumbl:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ontolly

Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Ontolly » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:03 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Ontolly wrote:

Just do it by writing - tell them you now identify as female and are complete where it matters, bish bash bosh, done. :thumbl:

You calling me a cunt?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:18 pm

We're more than our constituent parts. But in your case I'll go with it, why not.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:08 pm

Ontolly wrote:I want a two minute telephone conversation with a GP. The earliest they can fit me in is 9th October. Practically a two fucking week wait for a fucking quick telephone call - not to clog up their precious waiting room. They make me fucking sick - or at least the fucking cunts would except I probably wouldn't get an appointment until March.

Along this line. End of last year lad had a bad chest. Rang surgery and they said we could have a call back in ten days. I said no way he’s 6 months old (considering he was 2 months premature) they said if I’m concerned take him to A&E! I pointed out that this was ridiculous and they then said I could have an appointment in 2 hours!
Now I appreciate they need to cut out time wasters and prioritise people but a poorly baby should be top of the queue.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:49 pm

Don’t worry, we’ll be out of the eu soon, all this will be much better...
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Return to “The Square Ball”