Grumpy Old Man Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:20 am

Yeboah wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Use Bing.

That'll solve your problems.

Jesus Christ no, that's a different kind of shit just less competent.

DuckDuckGo if you want 'freedom' or stick to Google if you want to find anything.

/J
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:02 am

I'm 46 today and Jay-Roy Grot is only 20 :(

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 am

LSD&2Es wrote:I'm 46 today and Jay-Roy Grot is only 20 :(

Happy birthday mate.

I bet you can beat him over twenty yards.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:00 pm

And you still have more chance of being a successful top flight footballer.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:02 pm

3 times I've booked this particular time, 3 times I've missed my connection at Donny by 2 minutes.

Seems I'm their infinite wisdom they tell this train to slow down until the other one clears the station as, despite leaving kings cross 10-15 minutes late the times always work by a minute (at the same platform) until the last 20 minutes when things slip.

30 minute wait for a train which is 15 minutes slower and always seems like it's been in service since the 80s. Lovely.

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:3 times I've booked this particular time, 3 times I've missed my connection at Donny by 2 minutes.

Seems I'm their infinite wisdom they tell this train to slow down until the other one clears the station as, despite leaving kings cross 10-15 minutes late the times always work by a minute (at the same platform) until the last 20 minutes when things slip.

30 minute wait for a train which is 15 minutes slower and always seems like it's been in service since the 80s. Lovely.

That happens to me a lot when I have to get to Colchester to visit our clinic there. I have to change at Stowmarket normally and I have lost count of how often my local service is stopped at red light to allow the faster train through. All the while I am thinking fucking hell that's the train I want to be on you fuckers. Puts me back either 30 minutes or an hour depending on time of day
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Blackwhite wrote:

Happy birthday mate.

I bet you can beat him over twenty yards.

Cheers

and no, I really couldn't.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:54 pm

I have two technology-based complaints:

i. In my house I have about three boxes of semi-redundant cables, charger leads, adapters etc. I will not throw them out because, well, you never know. I suspect the collection probably includes things like PS1 connectors which are, to be honest, utterly useless.

ii. If I do need to find a specific thing there’s not a hope in hell of me finding it. Example one: somewhere there’s an iPad to HDMI wotsit. Example two: I also have a USB to Cat5 converter somewhere.

Can I find either of these fuckers? No, of course not.

Gah.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:01 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I have two technology-based complaints:

i. In my house I have about three boxes of semi-redundant cables, charger leads, adapters etc. I will not throw them out because, well, you never know. I suspect the collection probably includes things like PS1 connectors which are, to be honest, utterly useless.

ii. If I do need to find a specific thing there’s not a hope in hell of me finding it. Example one: somewhere there’s an iPad to HDMI wotsit. Example two: I also have a USB to Cat5 converter somewhere.

Can I find either of these fuckers? No, of course not.

Gah.

I always wondered why I kept that shit too, but when I bought a new telly, sound bar and blu-ray recently, I found an HDMI cable and two ethernets I’d never used/needed that were exactly what I needed to connect various bits. So it can and does work. Sometimes.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:23 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:I always wondered why I kept that shit too, but when I bought a new telly, sound bar and blu-ray recently, I found an HDMI cable and two ethernets I’d never used/needed that were exactly what I needed to connect various bits. So it can and does work. Sometimes.

This whole quote is to be praised across the land. I sincerely hope your recent beery trip in Kent was as wonderful as it promised. :thumbl:

That MP doesn't know what she's missing.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:21 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:I always wondered why I kept that shit too, but when I bought a new telly, sound bar and blu-ray recently, I found an HDMI cable and two ethernets I’d never used/needed that were exactly what I needed to connect various bits. So it can and does work. Sometimes.

This whole quote is to be praised across the land. I sincerely hope your recent beery trip in Kent was as wonderful as it promised. :thumbl:

Heh, I posted that after drinking a selection of the finest Kentish beers I brought back from said trip as it happens.

However, said MP is back in my bad books until proven innocent after certain recent local events.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:38 am

dirty leeds wrote:

It should be used as evidence to show the missus.
‘See, I do need them all’
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:07 am

One word.

Fortnite.
I like it. What is it?

Rambo the randy pig

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:59 am

Devi wrote:One word.

Fortnite.

Well said that man. Seconded.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:46 am

Fucking BBC Radio 5 presenter Anna Foster just used the expression 'green around the gills' to mean 'envious of'.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Is some old cunt having such a run of the mill operation as a hip op really news?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:51 am

I own an electric kettle. It is an unremarkable object: it makes water hot and that's it.

Just recently the button you press to open the lid stuck down, so the lid cannot be released. You can still use the kettle if you fill it slowly through the spout but it's a pain. I reckon I could fix the button but I cannot access it without terminally breaking a couple of plastic parts which are the snap-together-once type and cannot be removed. I don't want to buy another kettle.

It's not the money, it's just fucking fuck disposable bastard consumer culture.

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:05 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:It's not the money, it's just fucking fuck disposable bastard consumer culture.

I blame the millennials.

On which note: millennials.

Fuckers. The lot of ‘em.
I like it. What is it?

FER

Postby FER » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:47 am

Forgive me, but what's a Millenial? Is it someone born between 2000 - 2010 or someone who grew up / came of age during that period? I do get confused about this. :scratch:
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:50 am

FER wrote:Forgive me, but what's a Millenial? Is it someone born between 2000 - 2010 or someone who grew up / came of age during that period? I do get confused about this. :scratch:

usual definition: born sometime in the 80s [prob not 1980 or 1981], or at a stretch early 90s, reached 'adulthood' sometime fairly close to y2k.

Return to “The Square Ball”