Grumpy Old Man Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:30 pm


The bomb scares is stupid shit right enough. Calling the suppliers to voice your displeasure is called free speech last I saw, I've done similar cancelling accounts and politely explaining why. Still don't see unequivocal threats made just one or two dumb cunts on social media and a venue that wanted to cancel beforehand but couldn't, and seized any excuse. It says so right up there.

[EDIT: I missed a sentence, I see it now, it the caterer guy says there were threats made then fair enough. Bullshit moves.


Still provocative to want to host it there, and the museum agree]
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
OWETB
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:05 am
Location: Eating pig with the Prophet Mohammed

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby OWETB » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:35 pm

The owner of Asparagus Green said police were needed to guard the museum and patrol at his home after threats were made to both himself and staff, following news of the planned dinner.


If there was no credible threat why would the rozzers have to patrol his home?

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:41 pm

I've only his word they did.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Vampire
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:19 am

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Vampire » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:57 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Still don't see unequivocal threats made just one or two dumb cunts on social media....

[EDIT: I missed a sentence, I see it now, it the caterer guy says there were threats made


:lol:

It’s funny how partisan folks’ first reaction to any story is to jump to a conclusion reflective of their own political prejudice. Society Is much better served by the scientific approach of objectivity and open mindedness.

Blackwhite wrote:I've done similar cancelling accounts and politely explaining why.


:lol:
Priceless. Oh do tell us more.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

User avatar
Dale White
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Rochdale

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Dale White » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Watching the nags as usual on a satdi, fucking first of mine broke leg when in front by a mile, my second fell at the first, not backing the mighty whites today. :mrgreen:
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:57 am

dirty leeds wrote:The fucking Today programme. Again! This morning they presented the show from Lambeth Palace for fuck knows what reason and so we're treated to to Nick Fucking Robinson talking to random clerics as well as the Arch of Cant about sundry religious bullshit. Then they go and do a piece about Abba. Fucking Abba! One of the most overrated shithouse pop groups in history.
I'm guessing some recently appointed Editor or Producer Johnny has decided they must take the show out to the people, or summat. Wish they'd just stay in the studio and tell us the news proper like. Radio 4 Cunts.

Again this morning.
Blatant puff piece for a shite book aimed at the Christmas market.
Getting silly now.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:13 am

Mustafaster wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:The fucking Today programme. Again! This morning they presented the show from Lambeth Palace for fuck knows what reason and so we're treated to to Nick Fucking Robinson talking to random clerics as well as the Arch of Cant about sundry religious bullshit. Then they go and do a piece about Abba. Fucking Abba! One of the most overrated shithouse pop groups in history.
I'm guessing some recently appointed Editor or Producer Johnny has decided they must take the show out to the people, or summat. Wish they'd just stay in the studio and tell us the news proper like. Radio 4 Cunts.

Again this morning.
Blatant puff piece for a shite book aimed at the Christmas market.
Getting silly now.


Slept in and missed it, thankfully.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby welshwhite » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:49 pm

We've had flags to wave, voting to cause rifts between ex legend players, now this cunt O'Leary is stinking the club out again. What next can we expect off the silly out of touch cunt at the club in charge of arranging all of this utter nonsense...maybe a statue of Kewell.


https://www.leedsunited.com/video/92144 ... id-o-leary
:puker:

User avatar
Ontolly
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 pm
Location: Shrewsbury

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Ontolly » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:25 pm

welshwhite wrote:We've had flags to wave, voting to cause rifts between ex legend players, now this cunt O'Leary is stinking the club out again. What next can we expect off the silly out of touch cunt at the club in charge of sorting all this bollocks out...maybe a statue of Kewell.


https://www.leedsunited.com/video/92144 ... id-o-leary
:puker:


"Long time since Oi been back .. Oi still live in the area .. Oi look out for the results" - so why the fuck you not been back? As much as I despise the cunt he is entitled to buy a ticket.

"Oi remember the last match when we beat Boro to get into Europe. Again" - except we'd budgeted for the Champions league not the Euro vase you dim cunt

"The fans are always asking when I'm coming back" :joker: :alien: :aaargh: :cat:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby welshwhite » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:34 pm

Ontolly wrote:
welshwhite wrote:We've had flags to wave, voting to cause rifts between ex legend players, now this cunt O'Leary is stinking the club out again. What next can we expect off the silly out of touch cunt at the club in charge of sorting all this bollocks out...maybe a statue of Kewell.


https://www.leedsunited.com/video/92144 ... id-o-leary
:puker:


"Long time since Oi been back .. Oi still live in the area .. Oi look out for the results" - so why the fuck you not been back? As much as I despise the cunt he is entitled to buy a ticket.

"Oi remember the last match when we beat Boro to get into Europe. Again" - except we'd budgeted for the Champions league not the Euro vase you dim cunt

"The fans are always asking when I'm coming back" :joker: :alien: :aaargh: :cat:


No need to buy a ticket for our Davey lad, he was invited back and "he's honoured to be included as a legend", on 45 seconds.

He must be on crack.

User avatar
Oheddieeddie
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Tacky with sweat and poisonous particulates.

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:36 pm

I think it's great he came back, despite all the ingrates amongst the fan base. 1860Munich was the game I remember best from those great nights at Elland Road. I remember being mesmerised by just how easily Dacourt dominated a game. Just like Leeds though we made it difficult for ourselves despite everything beautiful we did

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby welshwhite » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Maybe they should also invite Ridsdale back, he and O'leary could do a Laurel and Hardy tribute act for the Xmas party there.

That's another fine mess you've got me into....

User avatar
Oheddieeddie
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Tacky with sweat and poisonous particulates.

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:12 pm

welshwhite wrote:Maybe they should also invite Ridsdale back, he and O'leary could do a Laurel and Hardy tribute act for the Xmas party there.

That's another fine mess you've got me into....


No no, Welsh let me give you an example of how it worked.... so imagine a cunt with a business. Let's choose Simon Jordan for example. Ok so he sells mobile phones. He does well his business gets bigger. He employs people to manage his business. Those people say they need stock. He gives them unlimited funds and says get whatever phones will make us successful. The manager negotiates with car phone warehouse who want a million quid and tells Jordan to make sure they can afford it. Jordan says give them five million instead. The manager scratches his head but goes ahead as directed. The invoice messes up the liquidity of the business and It goes bust.

Is that Jordans fault or the business manager he employed?


Mr Ridsdale is solely responsible for the downfall of our club if you're in doubt

User avatar
Rambo the randy pig
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:24 am
Location: Makin bacon

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:03 am

Sobering thought for this time of year.

Yesterday my wife attended the funeral of one of her schoolfriends.

I remember when I met my wife 18 years ago she was 21, my wife a couple of months short of her 21st. They were still going out round town together. I remember her wedding, them coming to our wedding, halloween parties, bonfire parties, new year parties etc. Then in the way of things you drift apart as families get older & in fact we hadn't seen them socially for 7 or 8 years. We'd heard from mutual friends she & her husband split last year.

Last week she was found dead from alcohol poisoning at the age of 39.

What drives someone to that point. You read about these things in the news but I don't think it hits home until it happens to someone you know.

Sorry for the downer. Merry fuckin' xmas.

User avatar
Dale White
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Rochdale

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Dale White » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:48 am

It's very sad mate but trying to figure what is in someone's mind is impossible, sorry for your loss.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

User avatar
SimonB
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:54 am
Location: Peterborough
Contact:

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby SimonB » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:31 pm

This Christmas will be the first since I lost my son Jack. I cant say its going to be easy.
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Ponte » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:39 pm

SimonB wrote:This Christmas will be the first since I lost my son Jack. I cant say its going to be easy.

It's not going to be easy, mate. It's going to be fucking awful at times but you will be surrounded by people who care about you.
The moments that you do enjoy this Christmas, don't feel guilty for them.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
Rambo the randy pig
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:24 am
Location: Makin bacon

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Dale White wrote:It's very sad mate but trying to figure what is in someone's mind is impossible, sorry for your loss.


Cheers Dale. Can't say I feel a loss exactly. More a sense of sorrow & indeed anger at a senseless waste of someone's life. At these times it's the family you feel for & then I read;

SimonB wrote:This Christmas will be the first since I lost my son Jack. I cant say its going to be easy.


Simon, I'm sorry for even bringing the subject up. My heart goes out to you. I can only echo Ponte's comments

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Quiffy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:24 pm

kin'ell simon. best wishes. :(




to bring the thread back to standard levels of grumpiness, i'm sick to fuck of the proliferation of cunts wearing shorts this last week, there are far more of them than there were 2 weeks ago simply because the cold weather came and they want to show how much of an individual they are. i can only conclude that they really mustn't have anything else to talk about or to make them interesting if that's what they need to prove their uniqueness.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby the flying pig » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:40 pm

re: DOL - yeah, i thought it was crass for he, who lives 15 miles away from ER, is loaded, & has so much time on his hands, to admit that he'd not been back to ER in forever. said everything about how much of a damn he gives.

and yes of course he owes so much to the club. how big can his pension pot have been when he was hanging up his boots in the mid nineties... say £100k, £200k, that sort of territory?

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/201 ... rs-301002/

that c 3 year 'purple patch' at leeds, on the back of the decent side left by GG & wilko's young players, set him up for life in a way that must have been unimaginable for him in the mid 90s... c£10m in 'redundancy' payoffs alone from leeds, villa, & those other lot.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jackos, moscowhite and 12 guests