Grumpy Old Man Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
MightyWhite

Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:11 am

Another on work colleagues. We’re taking on a raft of new starters at the minute, and as a result of this a new manager role has been created. I’m in for it, as are a few of my colleagues who have been waiting patiently for the chance to arise.

Anyway, one of those new starters is a proper busy fucker. You know the type, he’s been there a couple of weeks and he’s making a bee line for the higher managers to introduce himself, taking every opportunity to ask a question or make an observation in the area meeting, whilst the rest of the new starters sit quietly at the back keeping their head down.

And, of course, he’s applied for the managers job, and I bet he fucking gets it. I know he’s doing the right thing, and you shouldn’t pass up on progression opportunities because you’re new (who knows when another will come up) but the perception of entitlement I get just makes my balls itch. I’ve decided I’ve taken against him for life now. [emoji2]

dirty leeds

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:53 am

I sooo love working on me own at home. Suits a grumpy old cunt like me down to the ground. I'll be having a departmental meeting upstairs in the bathroom in a bit, 'Parking The Breakfast' being number one [or perhaps more accurately number two!] on the agenda. Cecile McLorin Salvant was very good at Ronnie's last night, by the way. Must minute that.

topbin

Postby topbin » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 pm

dirty leeds wrote:I sooo love working on me own at home. Suits a grumpy old cunt like me down to the ground. I'll be having a departmental meeting upstairs in the bathroom in a bit, 'Parking The Breakfast' being number one [or perhaps more accurately number two!] on the agenda. Cecile McLorin Salvant was very good at Ronnie's last night, by the way. Must minute that.

I've spent the day in one of our other offices (to work around a bit of an extended holiday - very "flexible working") and in a hotdesking area. For the entire day til about 3pm I've been sat on my own, getting 300% more done than I would have done in the office with cunts bothering me all the time. Then come 3pm some absolute cunts of salespeople have wandered in, brash little fuckers, doing calls, talking all cockney, bringing in beers, really disturbing my vibe.

Fuck "other people".

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:54 am

Jeppers. You lot really are s bunch of grumpy cunts aren't you? I'm not up for social events at work, mainly because I prefer to spend my free time with my family. I work in a sales office for a large IT company, lot of sales folks who I have next to nowt in common with, apart from a wish to get the job done and get off home to enjoy life. Still I like most of the people I work with, baring the loud obnoxious self entitled fucks, but even those tend to calm down after a few years when they realise being successful is a lot easier if you're not complete wanker. I suppose being a Union rep helps, I see and hear about all the shit most people have to put up with on a daily basis. Life's to short too go around hating everyone you meet, na. fuck that, meet people with an hello and a smile - life much more fun.

And Eric. Just don't go mate. Go out on the lash Thursday and take the Friday off sick if you want an excuse, but I'd just tell them "Unfortunately I cant go because I HAVE TO help my daughter move". You have a ready made excuse.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:34 pm

I love going to football but by Christ I hate so many football fans. For the second Saturday in a row (Boreham Wood v Halifax the previous week), I was sat near *that* cunt who gives the officials dogs abuse for the whole game from the moment his team conceded their first free kick of the match.

You know the sort: utterly one-eyes, thick as pigshit, bellicose and just won’t shut the fuck up about the officiating even when nothing of note is happening. When an opposition player tumbles naturally in the course of a 50-50 tussle and he screams out for absolutely no need “HE’S FALLEN OVER REF. IS THAT A PENALTY THEN?!? YER CUNT!” etc.

Cunts.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:41 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:I love going to football but by Christ I hate so many football fans. For the second Saturday in a row (Boreham Wood v Halifax the previous week), I was sat near *that* cunt who gives the officials dogs abuse for the whole game from the moment his team conceded their first free kick of the match.

You know the sort: utterly one-eyes, thick as pigshit, bellicose and just won’t shut the fuck up about the officiating even when nothing of note is happening. When an opposition player tumbles naturally in the course of a 50-50 tussle and he screams out for absolutely no need “HE’S FALLEN OVER REF. IS THAT A PENALTY THEN?!? YER CUNT!” etc.

Cunts.

yeah, there's always a cunt or two who seems to go mostly so he can abuse the ref [who, by the way, i rarely tend to notice].

slightly better than the bloke who does the same towards the opposition's fans tho and, hey, it takes all sorts...

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:49 pm

They’re just so constantly angry for no good reason. I don’t understand how they function in their day-to-day lives really.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:26 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:They’re just so constantly angry for no good reason. I don’t understand how they function in their day-to-day lives really.

Well, look, the daily mail doesn't maintain a seven figure circulation by coincidence... There's a very long standing, established market for that mindset.

Devi

Postby Devi » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:49 pm

How to ruin a perfectly good Sunday: Take a step son off to football, to watch him and his team play utter gash, yet win 13-0.

Whats the point?

Harrumph.
I like it. What is it?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:50 am

Well, I went. I tried to spend as much time as I could on my own, without being blatantly obnoxious. Bailed out of the 'we're all going to a godawful Europop nightclub' sessions.

Expenditure aside, it was an interesting enough city to visit. Still feel I coped, rather than enjoyed it.

Return to “The Square Ball”