Grumpy Old Man Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:27 am

Radio 4 Today programme this morning, based at the London Fashion Show. What the fuck for? Endless interviews with vacuous fashion folk talking bollocks. Can't imagine many of the Today audience were the slightest bit interested, despite the oft-repeated mantra about what a huge and important industry for the UK it all is.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:15 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Radio 4 Today programme this morning, based at the London Fashion Show. What the fuck for? Endless interviews with vacuous fashion folk talking bollocks. Can't imagine many of the Today audience were the slightest bit interested, despite the oft-repeated mantra about what a huge and important industry for the UK it all is.

Shit, my wife has hacked DL's log-in. Add to the list the fact that they sent a female presenter to front it.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:01 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Radio 4 Today programme this morning, based at the London Fashion Show. What the fuck for? Endless interviews with vacuous fashion folk talking bollocks. Can't imagine many of the Today audience were the slightest bit interested, despite the oft-repeated mantra about what a huge and important industry for the UK it all is.

Shit, my wife has hacked DL's log-in. Add to the list the fact that they sent a female presenter to front it.

Yeah, I spent a good 20 minutes being irritated by that aspect too. Send one of the Tory boys, ffs. Let's at least enjoy their discomfort.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:12 am

It's political correctness gone mad!
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Devi

Postby Devi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:25 am

dirty leeds wrote:Radio 4 Today programme this morning, based at the London Fashion Show. What the fuck for?

So the pseudo educated R4 listener can pass their ill informed opinions and validate their self importance?
I like it. What is it?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:35 am

Devi wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Radio 4 Today programme this morning, based at the London Fashion Show. What the fuck for?

So the pseudo educated R4 listener can pass their ill informed opinions and validate their self importance?

Heh-heh. You off to the game today, then?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:19 pm

Had the boiler replaced about three months ago. Boiler itself is fine, and we didn't get the full Hive bollocks, but they still gave us a wi-fi controller. First one lasted two days and they replaced it. This one now cuts out after ten minutes. We can't override so no heating and hot water's on immersion. Utterly pointless fucking cheap technological crap. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the wired, mains powered thing we had before.

topbin

Postby topbin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:49 pm

On the flip side of that, I managed to talk the wife into a Nest when we had our boiler put in, and I reckon I've already saved the £100 it cost five times over by lowering the temperature from my phone without her knowing. :thumbl:

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:28 pm

topbin wrote:On the flip side of that, I managed to talk the wife into a Nest when we had our boiler put in, and I reckon I've already saved the £100 it cost five times over by lowering the temperature from my phone without her knowing. :thumbl:

:lol: :salute:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:10 pm

Fucking massive bruises. I have two age-related issues: firstly, I seem to bruise more and more easily these days; secondly my failing memory means I genuinely don't have a bastard clue what I did to acquire the bruise in the first place.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:48 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Fucking massive bruises. I have two age-related issues: firstly, I seem to bruise more and more easily these days; secondly my failing memory means I genuinely don't have a bastard clue what I did to acquire the bruise in the first place.

You should check out the bruising - could be edema. Do they sell Revitive over there? May help. Forgetfulness is probably hereditary - write things down. There you are - quackery over the internet!
There will be no end to the problems afflicting humankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:49 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Fucking massive bruises. I have two age-related issues: firstly, I seem to bruise more and more easily these days; secondly my failing memory means I genuinely don't have a bastard clue what I did to acquire the bruise in the first place.
Get a tube of arnecare mate, it's great, I get a lot of bruising around the needle marks on my arm, (dialysis).
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:31 am

Facebook can fuck the fuck off with its ad breaks mid 2m video clip.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:09 pm

Malted bread, FUCK OFF, almost every shop now does butties with this fucking demon bread, stop it, it's fucking horrible.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:07 pm

Dale White wrote:Malted bread, FUCK OFF, almost every shop now does butties with this fucking demon bread, stop it, it's fucking horrible.

You mean like granary? Fucking love it, personally.

Makes wicked toast...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:11 pm

Malted multi seed is the mutts nuts.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:20 am

Uncut granary bread is ok but this sliced shite they use for butties is god awful, sorry I wont have it toasted or not.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:02 am

Dale White wrote:Malted bread, FUCK OFF, almost every shop now does butties with this fucking demon bread, stop it, it's fucking horrible.

I like it. What is it?

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:11 am

You there: Fuck off. And when you get there, fuck off from there too. Then fuck off some more. Keep fucking off until you get back here. Then fuck off again.
Attachments
IMG_9394.JPG
I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:14 am

At least they're well-named.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Return to “The Square Ball”