Grumpy Old Man Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Worked with a grad student who did this, he stopped when one of the older gents told him in front of women that this must be the positive side of undescended testicles.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Quiffy wrote:...to bring the thread back to standard levels of grumpiness, i'm sick to fuck of the proliferation of cunts wearing shorts this last week, there are far more of them than there were 2 weeks ago simply because the cold weather came and they want to show how much of an individual they are. i can only conclude that they really mustn't have anything else to talk about or to make them interesting if that's what they need to prove their uniqueness.

ha, i do, on & off, sometimes wear gym type shorts throughout the year. lots to comment it imo, starting with the stretchy waist, ideal for, uh, fluctuating waist sizes, also, uh, i dunno, if you're going to get wet or muddy or something then you don't have wet trousers sticking to you... but i agree that wearing them outdoors if it's seriously cold is, well, twattish.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:56 pm

SimonB wrote:This Christmas will be the first since I lost my son Jack. I cant say its going to be easy.
Sorry Simon I cant begin to know how it feels to lose a child, I know he was grown up but your kids are always kids, I just hope the memories of him give you some comfort this time of year, MOT.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:59 pm

the flying pig wrote:
Quiffy wrote:...to bring the thread back to standard levels of grumpiness, i'm sick to fuck of the proliferation of cunts wearing shorts this last week, there are far more of them than there were 2 weeks ago simply because the cold weather came and they want to show how much of an individual they are. i can only conclude that they really mustn't have anything else to talk about or to make them interesting if that's what they need to prove their uniqueness.

ha, i do, on & off, sometimes wear gym type shorts throughout the year. lots to comment it imo, starting with the stretchy waist, ideal for, uh, fluctuating waist sizes, also, uh, i dunno, if you're going to get wet or muddy or something then you don't have wet trousers sticking to you... but i agree that wearing them outdoors if it's seriously cold is, well, twattish.
I mentioned this a while back on here mate, they are cunts, the lot of em, what is all about, being a man, fuck knows but it's fuckwittery at it's worst.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:04 pm

Dale White wrote:
SimonB wrote:This Christmas will be the first since I lost my son Jack. I cant say its going to be easy.
Sorry Simon I cant begin to know how it feels to lose a child, I know he was grown up but your kids are always kids, I just hope the memories of him give you some comfort this time of year, MOT.

We lost my dad a few months ago. My grandmother (his mother) is still with us. She feels like she lost her baby. Christmas isn't going to be easy for her, never mind us lot.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:21 pm

Quiffy wrote:kin'ell simon. best wishes. :(

Ditto. All the best to all of you.

Quiffy wrote:to bring the thread back to standard levels of grumpiness, i'm sick to fuck of the proliferation of cunts wearing shorts this last week, there are far more of them than there were 2 weeks ago simply because the cold weather came and they want to show how much of an individual they are. i can only conclude that they really mustn't have anything else to talk about or to make them interesting if that's what they need to prove their uniqueness.

Mate who's a builder does this all year round. Last time I saw him I asked when his mum was going to let him wear long trousers. He didn't seem entirely pleased.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:25 pm

Dale White wrote:

yep. there's a line in one of John Updike's books about a character in the books who loses a child [baby] & realises that: "...the worst thing that has ever happened to any woman in the world has happened to her", just the same for dads i'm sure, regardless of the child's age.

on a further cheery note, both my dad & my wife's dad have cancer so every christmas from hereon in is potentially the last one with them. my dad's probably a bit worse [inoperable brain tumour, outcome of i suppose 'life extending' chemo/radiotherapy still to be seen] but her dad [oesophagus, been operated on but not gone for good] was diagnosed first, so we'd already planned to drive down there [to the west devon/cornwall border unfortunately] for christmas, then on boxing day I'll make the pleasant little drive from there up to harrogate.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:25 pm

Ponte wrote:

It's not going to be easy, mate. It's going to be fucking awful at times but you will be surrounded by people who care about you.
The moments that you do enjoy this Christmas, don't feel guilty for them.

I can't put it any better than Ponte did so I'm just going to quote him. Best wishes at this difficult time Simon.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Ponte wrote:

It's not going to be easy, mate. It's going to be fucking awful at times but you will be surrounded by people who care about you.
The moments that you do enjoy this Christmas, don't feel guilty for them.

I can't put it any better than Ponte did so I'm just going to quote him. Best wishes at this difficult time Simon.

Likewise. No words.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Quiffy wrote:kin'ell simon. best wishes. :(

to bring the thread back to standard levels of grumpiness, i'm sick to fuck of the proliferation of cunts wearing shorts this last week, there are far more of them than there were 2 weeks ago simply because the cold weather came and they want to show how much of an individual they are. i can only conclude that they really mustn't have anything else to talk about or to make them interesting if that's what they need to prove their uniqueness.

I shall be mostly wearing shorts for the next two weeks coz I is off abroad where it's warm.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:57 pm

I get home from work and change into shorts and tshirt, but that's for indoor wear.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Ponte wrote:
Dale White wrote:

We lost my dad a few months ago. My grandmother (his mother) is still with us. She feels like she lost her baby. Christmas isn't going to be easy for her, never mind us lot.
It's a pisser at anytime mate but especially at xmas, we lost a good friend last year and it's starting to hurt again, I suppose we just have to remember them and get on with life.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:39 pm

Ponte wrote:I get home from work and change into shorts and tshirt, but that's for indoor wear.
That's allowed mate and a cracking photo I bet. :mrgreen:
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Happy fucking winter.

Hmmm.

FER

Postby FER » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Thoughts with you and yours, mate!

On a slightly depressing tone too, my missus lost her younger brother about 10 years ago on 2 January, he was 18. She takes the tree down on that day as it gives her something to do and remember him. This year, she goes back to work on 2 January. She was trying to figure out how to tell her colleagues to leave her alone with her thoughts for the day.

Then, she found a lump. Went to the docs and got a referral to the hospital. They called her today, Her appointment is on 2 January :pale: She had to call work to say she wouldn't be back on the first day of term, and why.

They asked her to come into work after her appointment and do her shift! :scratch: :roll:
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Think positive mate, I know it's difficult but a lot of these scares turn out to be non malignant, a bit fucking stupid of them to ask her to turn up to work though, fucking cunts.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:16 am

Thank you all for your thoughts, appreciated.

I can’t even begin to describe the pain. But going back to the normal levels of grumpiness I have again been threatened with divorce for leaving the toilet seat up! Nothing like a wife to bring things down to reality
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:52 am

SimonB wrote:Thank you all for your thoughts, appreciated.

I can’t even begin to describe the pain. But going back to the normal levels of grumpiness I have again been threatened with divorce for leaving the toilet seat up! Nothing like a wife to bring things down to reality

At least you found the toilet. With your navigation skills she should be grateful you didn’t pee in the sink.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:49 am

AndyPaul wrote:

At least you found the toilet. With your navigation skills she should be grateful you didn’t pee in the sink.
:lol:
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:08 am

AndyPaul wrote:

Now you say that, but......

Return to “The Square Ball”