Grumpy Old Man Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Dale White

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Dale White » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:46 am

A local Tory association in Wakefield has booked it's annual piss up at the miners museum, fucking cunts, the local people should rise up and stop this pissing on the graves of miners. What the fuck was the place doing accepting the booking in the first place. :x :x :x
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:51 am

Dale White wrote:A local Tory association in Wakefield has booked it's annual piss up at the miners museum, fucking cunts, the local people should rise up and stop this pissing on the graves of miners. What the fuck was the place doing accepting the booking in the first place. :x :x :x

With the greatest of respect, what a load of fucking bollocks.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:01 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:
Dale White wrote:A local Tory association in Wakefield has booked it's annual piss up at the miners museum, fucking cunts, the local people should rise up and stop this pissing on the graves of miners. What the fuck was the place doing accepting the booking in the first place. :x :x :x

With the greatest of respect, what a load of fucking bollocks.
With the greatest respect especially your footy posts, get fucked, it might not bother you but it boils my fucking piss.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:58 pm

saw this on the news and it just looks like the tories rubbing it in. stupid and insensitive tories? who'd have thunk.

the problem is that they can't refuse the booking legally as it's now a museum with charitable status and to preserve that charitable status they are not allowed to act politically.

and to highlight the crass stupidity of the tories, their representative said he's a child of the 80's, the miners strike is now long forgotten and he didn't expect anyone to make a fuss. even then they didn't say they had plans to choose a more suitable venue.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:04 pm

I'm a local, about 3 miles away, and I can confirm that I, or anybody else that I know will be rising up or giving a shit.

To anyone who has never visited the place, if you have nowt to do get yersens there, its a pretty good trip and you do actually go down the pit. You get an ex-miner as a guide who gives you loads of info going back centuries.

The fella that was our guide was going on an on about how the tories had stuffed the miners and was getting pretty tedious. When our group got to the surface and they were collecting the safety helmets back this guide started going on about a new project that was being planned for the museum, the guy was proud as fuck about the future plans. He was asked what the plans were, and without any hesitation he said that a windmill and solar panels are being considered to power the museum and the pit, and in his very own words - "It's renewable energy, its the future"

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:18 pm

OWETB wrote:

I'm a local, about 3 miles away, and I can confirm that I, or anybody else that I know will be rising up or giving a shit.

To anyone who has never visited the place, if you have nowt to do get yersens there, its a pretty good trip and you do actually go down the pit. You get an ex-miner as a guide who gives you loads of info going back centuries.

The fella that was our guide was going on an on about how the tories had stuffed the miners and was getting pretty tedious. When our group got to the surface and they were collecting the safety helmets back this guide started going on about a new project that was being planned for the museum, the guy was proud as fuck about the future plans. He was asked what the plans were, and without any hesitation he said that a windmill and solar panels are being considered to power the museum and the pit, and in his very own words - "It's renewable energy, its the future"
See the response from Quiffy, I get you're local and you're sort of saying it's fuck all to do with me, and the Museum and such is a great thing for the community. I'm not local to that area but I have mates that suffered badly during that time, they do give a fuck about it even now.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:23 pm

Here you go Dale...

Cancelled because of the threats of violence to normal working folk...

The company said in a statement: “In light of complaints and comments that have been made by telephone, e-mail and social media platforms, the company’s priority must be to safeguard staff, visitors and the museum property, and to avoid potential public order issues.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:51 pm

OWETB wrote:

The company said in a statement: “In light of complaints and comments that have been made by telephone, e-mail and social media platforms, the company’s priority must be to safeguard staff, visitors and the museum property, and to avoid potential public order issues.

Doesn't mention any threats of violence to staff or guests TBF.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
OWETB wrote:

Doesn't mention any threats of violence to staff or guests TBF.

What is your interpretation of "In light of complaints and comments" & "the company’s priority must be to safeguard staff" ?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:06 pm

You know what risk assessing is like for most folks: if it looks even vaguely risky you cancel. They're not going to spend cash mitigating, and the police won't show up until something goes off.

I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just a bit melodramatic IMO.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:32 pm

Glad to see common sense has prevailed, the guest speaker was to be Esther Mc Cunt ffs.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:33 pm

Glad to see common sense has prevailed, the guest speaker was to be Esther Mc Cunt ffs.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:27 pm

As an aside, this sort of shit gets discussed in museum circles a lot.
They absolutely could’ve refused the booking, even as a charity. Other places do. The Museums Association has a code of ethics, if you’re sad enough to want to look it up (I helped write it).
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:39 am

Home appliances :(

Fucking hell, 2 years ago my boiler died, a new one fitted was just shy of £1500. Then the oven packed up - £350, then the washer £275, then the microwave - £100 and now the fucking fridge has gone, just got another ordered and to have it fitted, realigned, and the old one disposed of £320.

Over £2.5k in less than 2 years :roll:

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:22 pm

OWETB wrote:Home appliances :(

Fucking hell, 2 years ago my boiler died, a new one fitted was just shy of £1500. Then the oven packed up - £350, then the washer £275, then the microwave - £100 and now the fucking fridge has gone, just got another ordered and to have it fitted, realigned, and the old one disposed of £320.

Over £2.5k in less than 2 years :roll:

As my old stuff packs up I’m replacing it with Miele where possible, costs a bit more but it’s built to last.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:24 pm

We’ve got one of those tumble dryers which is going to explode and burn the house down. Been ringing the helpline about getting it fixed for two months now. Bastards won’t answer.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:47 pm

Wakefield White wrote:
As my old stuff packs up I’m replacing it with Miele where possible, costs a bit more but it’s built to last.

All of the stuff was put in when I gutted the place about 15 years ago so I've had good use out of em but all packing up around the same time is a cunt.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:56 am

The fucking Today programme. Again! This morning they presented the show from Lambeth Palace for fuck knows what reason and so we're treated to to Nick Fucking Robinson talking to random clerics as well as the Arch of Cant about sundry religious bullshit. Then they go and do a piece about Abba. Fucking Abba! One of the most overrated shithouse pop groups in history.
I'm guessing some recently appointed Editor or Producer Johnny has decided they must take the show out to the people, or summat. Wish they'd just stay in the studio and tell us the news proper like. Radio 4 Cunts.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:04 am

dirty leeds wrote:The fucking Today programme. Again! This morning they presented the show from Lambeth Palace for fuck knows what reason and so we're treated to to Nick Fucking Robinson talking to random clerics as well as the Arch of Cant about sundry religious bullshit. Then they go and do a piece about Abba. Fucking Abba! One of the most overrated shithouse pop groups in history.
I'm guessing some recently appointed Editor or Producer Johnny has decided they must take the show out to the people, or summat. Wish they'd just stay in the studio and tell us the news proper like. Radio 4 Cunts.

Aye. It's going downhill very quickly.
A week ago they had a puff piece for Cantona's " book".
Blatant Christmas stocking stuffer.
A load of scribbles and incoherent rambling apparently.
But they had a full interview with the barely comprehensible fuckwit... interview conducted by the Arts correspondent who was fawning all over him like a teenage girl.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:12 pm

Return to “The Square Ball”