Grumpy Old Man Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ontolly

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Ontolly » Thu May 28, 2020 9:47 am

Maybe the wrong thread but the right day :rambo:

The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu May 28, 2020 10:37 am

Ontolly wrote:Maybe the wrong thread but the right day :rambo:

definitely the right thread, Bielsa probably has the entire match on tape ...

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Thu May 28, 2020 11:34 am

Paris was the first match I'd had a seat at a Leeds game. During the second half the lads behind me decided there were too many seats and smashed the nearest, including mine, which as we were standing anyway didn't bother me as much as it did the police.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun May 31, 2020 11:54 am

Can’t remember the thread where we were talking about targeted adverts on t’interweb - was it here?

Latest example: bought a piece of jewellery for the wife’s birthday from a funky place in Spain that she likes. I then see that, immediately, every device in the house is bombarded with ads for the product and place I got it from, including the wife and kids’ phones. Is that targeting the WiFi IP? Fuck sake:

a) I already bought it, you stupid cunts
b) Is it now impossible to buy a gift online for anyone in your household without them knowing?
HM Collector Of Parcels

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun May 31, 2020 12:08 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Can’t remember the thread where we were talking about targeted adverts on t’interweb - was it here?

Latest example: bought a piece of jewellery for the wife’s birthday from a funky place in Spain that she likes. I then see that, immediately, every device in the house is bombarded with ads for the product and place I got it from, including the wife and kids’ phones. Is that targeting the WiFi IP? Fuck sake:

a) I already bought it, you stupid cunts
b) Is it now impossible to buy a gift online for anyone in your household without them knowing?

On the plus side I recently got a notification of and bought an Aria pro II 1982 thru-neck bass for 250 bucks.
Them bad boys never come up for sale.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun May 31, 2020 12:17 pm

Mustafaster wrote:On the plus side I recently got a notification of and bought an Aria pro II 1982 thru-neck bass for 250 bucks.

There is very little of that sentence I understand

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Sun May 31, 2020 12:20 pm

AndyPaul wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:On the plus side I recently got a notification of and bought an Aria pro II 1982 thru-neck bass for 250 bucks.

It does seem to contradict itself :scratch:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun May 31, 2020 12:20 pm

AndyPaul wrote:

https://images.app.goo.gl/5AkLR9ghnhsUsB6o7
Something almost exactly like this, but a slightly different colour.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

barry white

Postby barry white » Sun May 31, 2020 12:35 pm

VPN for Wi-Fi router @eric olthwaite :elephant:

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Sun May 31, 2020 12:37 pm

I'm not sure if I am grumpy or impressed about this.

Been spending a lot of time in the back garden and missed a few deliveries as I didn't hear them knocking at the front door. So I decided to get one of those wireless portable door bells so that I can have the receiver unit with me and not miss anymore.

Opens ebay, finds one for £20 and ordered it, delivery estimated for Weds/ Thurs. At about 7pm last night their is a knock at the door and it was an Amazon delivery, I hadn't ordered anything from them but it had my name and address so it was obviously for me. Opened it and it was the fucking doorbell!

I looked on Amazon and the same unit is £15, the cheeky fucker had sold on ebay then ordered it from Amazon and made a fiver with a few clicks of the mouse :mrgreen:

I then had a look at other stuff he is selling and they all seem to be about a fiver more expensive than on Amazon, like I say, not sure whether to be annoyed or impressed.

Cheeky cunts other items :salute:

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun May 31, 2020 1:18 pm

OWETB wrote:I'm not sure if I am grumpy or impressed about this.

Been spending a lot of time in the back garden and missed a few deliveries as I didn't hear them knocking at the front door. So I decided to get one of those wireless portable door bells so that I can have the receiver unit with me and not miss anymore.

Opens ebay, finds one for £20 and ordered it, delivery estimated for Weds/ Thurs. At about 7pm last night their is a knock at the door and it was an Amazon delivery, I hadn't ordered anything from them but it had my name and address so it was obviously for me. Opened it and it was the fucking doorbell!

I looked on Amazon and the same unit is £15, the cheeky fucker had sold on ebay then ordered it from Amazon and made a fiver with a few clicks of the mouse :mrgreen:

I then had a look at other stuff he is selling and they all seem to be about a fiver more expensive than on Amazon, like I say, not sure whether to be annoyed or impressed.

Cheeky cunts other items :salute:

The guys a fucking legend in my eyes. Genius!!!!

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:41 am

Jesus, if eBay’s bad, Fb marketplace is a whole other level of hyperdickheadry.

I’m kind of intrigued: were this people hitherto scared of using eBay because it seemed too civilised, or is it that the presence of the Facebook logo encourages them to act like twats?
HM Collector Of Parcels

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:48 pm

I just had that fucking pleasant experience again. The one where you think you're putting your cunting iphone in your fucking pocket but somehow what you're actually doing is turning the cunting torch on. And then spend best part of a minute trying to find the fucking thing to turn the fucking thing off.
I believe that I researched this on a previous occasion and found that you can't turn this magic curse off. I've even gone to my phone to find the torch blaring at me been on god knows how long. I fucking hate apple and when I went to samsung I couldn't hack it which made me hate samsung so I went back to apple which made me hate apple more. Cunts the lot of them. Fuck apple fuck samsung and fuck you too.

Thank you for your time.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:39 pm

Ontolly wrote:Fuck apple fuck samsung and fuck you too.

Thank you for your time.

Always thinking of us. I love that about you.

Ontolly

Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Ontolly » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:14 am

dirty leeds wrote:
Ontolly wrote:Fuck apple fuck samsung and fuck you too.

Thank you for your time.

Always thinking of us. I love that about you.

Take your love over to the happy clappy thread

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:07 pm

This fucking site. I wanted to try out my Welsh tribute act and to that end attempted to register a new account (also wanted to sort the Troy Deeney poll). In order to do so you have to provide 'the first line of the club anthem''???
It wouldn't take any of;

Marching on together
Here we go with Leeds United
Everyday we're all gonna say

and Lord alone knows what else I tried before exceeding the attempts :thumbd:

I'll take my tribute elsewhere (Finally a use for the Jimmy Savile wig) but is it any wonder there's never any new blood round here and we have to constantly be exposed to the whinging and whining of far left shandy swigging cunts?

First line of the club anthem indeed. Fuck off you pretentious cunts.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Ontolly wrote:This fucking site. I wanted to try out my Welsh tribute act and to that end attempted to register a new account (also wanted to sort the Troy Deeney poll). In order to do so you have to provide 'the first line of the club anthem''???
It wouldn't take any of;

Marching on together

I'll take my tribute elsewhere (Finally a use for the Jimmy Savile wig) but is it any wonder there's never any new blood round here and we have to constantly be exposed to the whinging and whining of far left shandy swigging cunts?

If Aziz and Carlos can manage it surely it can't be that hard.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:31 pm

Ontolly wrote:This fucking site. I wanted to try out my Welsh tribute act and to that end attempted to register a new account (also wanted to sort the Troy Deeney poll). In order to do so you have to provide 'the first line of the club anthem''???
It wouldn't take any of;

Marching on together

Might explain the dwindling number of posters/lack of ball boy cunts.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:32 pm

I didn't even know we did this.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:43 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
It wouldn't take any of;

Marching on together

Might explain the dwindling number of posters/lack of ball boy cunts.

I think the fact this forum has been divorced from the man Square Ball site for as long as I can remember (there was a link until recently but it was the wrong URL) is the main reason. That and all the fucking communists.

Return to “The Square Ball”