Grumpy Old Man Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Phil LUFC

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:58 pm

A little different as when I wanted to do that it involved taking the kids but even with the above prices I can't see past my ultimate solution. Stayed at the Holiday Inn St Alban's, drove down, free parking, drove to station, paid peanuts to park all day, £30 or so return train tickets (for all 4 of us) Inc underground, choice of Kings Cross or London Bridge and about 20-30 minutes each way. Hotel wasn't unreasonably priced, £120 for a family room for 2 nights I believe, including a below par breakfast. Weekend in London for 4 for about £200.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:11 pm

Cheers fellas, I was looking at the weekend of Friday 19th July to the Sunday - is that too far in advance to book train tickets? The hotel was coming in cheaper on the Friday but was more than double on the Saturday.

Welsh, I don't think a hostel in Hammersmith with a shared bathroom at the end of the corridor would go down well on this occasion, cheers for your input mind.

I just find it all very fucking odd that I can fuck off abroad for a fraction of the price, but I'm fucked if I'm spending £600+ to visit London for a few days, fuck that.

We went to New York a few years ago, a full week cost us less than £700 each + spends.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:18 pm

OWETB wrote:Cheers fellas, I was looking at the weekend of Friday 19th July to the Sunday - is that too far in advance to book train tickets?...

i should think so. you could ask a ticket clerk about that if you ever go through wakey station. there certainly used to be a thing whereby you could get really cheap ones if you took the trouble to find out which day they'd be released on.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:32 pm

the flying pig wrote:
OWETB wrote:Cheers fellas, I was looking at the weekend of Friday 19th July to the Sunday - is that too far in advance to book train tickets?...

i should think so. you could ask a ticket clerk about that if you ever go through wakey station. there certainly used to be a thing whereby you could get really cheap ones if you took the trouble to find out which day they'd be released on.

For the QPR match which Linda mentioned (and we met you for beer and a shit curry) I pretty much went at the same times I have been looking at, eg Friday mid afternoon and returning Sunday mid afternoon. That cost me less than £50 return, the prices showing today for the same trip are £117 each.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:57 pm

Fairly sure I’ve broken my wrist playing five a side tonight, just come out of triage at wythenshawe. 4 hour wait and apparently it’s longer at Manchester royal infirmary due to a stabbing.

‘Sake
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:28 pm

Wakefield White wrote:...playing five a side tonight...

You're too old.

Cheers.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:30 am

Wakefield White wrote:Fairly sure I’ve broken my wrist playing five a side tonight, just come out of triage at wythenshawe. 4 hour wait and apparently it’s longer at Manchester royal infirmary due to a stabbing.

‘Sake

The people in Manchester are probably cursing the fact that Wythenshaw wait times are being elongated by hurty wrists. Bless

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:56 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:
Wakefield White wrote:Fairly sure I’ve broken my wrist playing five a side tonight, just come out of triage at wythenshawe. 4 hour wait and apparently it’s longer at Manchester royal infirmary due to a stabbing.

‘Sake

The people in Manchester are probably cursing the fact that Wythenshaw wait times are being elongated by hurty wrists. Bless

This, as it turns out. No broken bones, just a total wuss.

:hangs head in shame smiley:
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Wed May 08, 2019 6:16 pm

I'm a little disappointing that the royal baby is white.

ARDS

Postby ARDS » Wed May 08, 2019 6:20 pm

OWETB wrote:I'm a little disappointing that the royal baby is white.

:lol: Archie not very Royal more cockney jellied eels and Millwall.
Forza Leeds Utd

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Got to admit though, it's a good name is Archie Leech.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed May 08, 2019 9:40 pm

I haven’t seen a pic with the head uncovered. We’re holding out for a ginger ‘fro.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Wed May 08, 2019 10:01 pm

Was in Tescos earlier and overheard two robust middle aged checkout ‘girls’ chatting earnestly thus:

“Ah saw a picture on Facebook saying ee’s called Leroy, ya know cos of his colour”
“Well in the picture day put up just nah he doesn’t look coloured”
“Ah well my mate sez the colour don’t show for a few weeks”
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu May 09, 2019 5:45 am

eric olthwaite wrote:

I haven’t seen a pic with the head uncovered. We’re holding out for a ginger ‘fro.

I imagined said child to resemble Wes Brown.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu May 09, 2019 6:17 am

A cruel fate even for a parasite.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon May 20, 2019 10:15 am

The compulsion to make sure every thread isn't left unread vs avoiding the TV thread due to possible Game of thrones spoilers

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon May 20, 2019 12:13 pm

AndyPaul wrote:The compulsion to make sure every thread isn't left unread vs avoiding the TV thread due to possible Game of thrones spoilers

Spoiler!
The shark gets killed.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon May 20, 2019 1:31 pm

AndyPaul wrote:The compulsion to make sure every thread isn't left unread vs avoiding the TV thread due to possible Game of thrones spoilers

Ha, feel your pain. Just started watching Chernobyl last night and wanted to make comment in the TV thread but fucked if I’m taking any chances until after I’ve watched the last episode tonight :mrgreen:
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon May 20, 2019 6:32 pm

We've all used spoiler tags so far. But I guess there's the temptation to open the tags anyway.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:48 pm

We had to reboot our office ISO9001 QA recently. Started doing it ourselves but it the end me and a couple of others didn’t have time so we got a consultant in to set the documents up. £5k, going rate, it is what it is. Woman, about forty or so, put it together. She was alright and it all does the job technically but fuck me, the standard of written English is utterly pitiful. I’m fucking appalled that we have to pay money for this.

I’ve got to make a few admin changes and then let her see the revisions, so I think I’ll correct it all with track changes on and send her that to make a petty fucking point.

Return to “The Square Ball”