The Dale White Gaming Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: O/T gamers

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:25 pm

Some very enjoyable slack time with the new Doom VFR just now: extremely fast no-frills bloodletting, caution for anyone who suffers from motion sickness, this with full locomotion might trigger you in seconds.

Everyone else will be grinning. It's a thick slice of last year's wicked game, but in full VR. Those Barons are fucking HUGE. The 1993 maps with modern demons and guns also included, (instead of 2d cutouts that face you) but I haven't seen that yet.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:23 pm

The boy has just beaten me on FIFA, 4-1. He was Barcelona to my Leeds, I had more shots and more possession but still, it's a first and probably the beginning of the end for me, before long I'll be Barca while he's Acc Stanley and I'll still be losing.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:The boy has just beaten me on FIFA, 4-1. He was Barcelona to my Leeds, I had more shots and more possession but still, it's a first and probably the beginning of the end for me, before long I'll be Barca while he's Acc Stanley and I'll still be losing.

It could just be an anomaly. Stepson very occasionally spawns a win against me but I destroy him again straight after.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:39 pm

I beat him 3-1 immediately before so maybe but still, it's a first and he gets a lot of practice.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:43 am

Blackwhite wrote:Some very enjoyable slack time with the new Doom VFR just now: extremely fast no-frills bloodletting, caution for anyone who suffers from motion sickness, this with full locomotion might trigger you in seconds.

Everyone else will be grinning. It's a thick slice of last year's wicked game, but in full VR. Those Barons are fucking HUGE. The 1993 maps with modern demons and guns also included, (instead of 2d cutouts that face you) but I haven't seen that yet.
I believe it's different levels than the normal version, I still have that, I still love the 2 original games though, first time you come across a pixalated BOH u shit yer sen. i'm playing the re mastered resi one because the enemy wont let me have my xmas games. :(
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:14 am

I was wrong BTW in my demon-spotting: 'twas a cyberdemon the size of a house.

I think I remember original Wolfie better than I remember original Doom... Brain damage being selective :lol:

The gibbing is noticeably less satisfying when you're not pulling their jaws off etc. - might have to jump back into last year's to scratch that itch (especially if the chainsaw isn't present...)
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:54 am

One of the best versions of Doom was on the N64 and it had the original wolfie included.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:28 am

If any of you fancy RE 7 get it now off shopto, it's 30 quid for the gold edition with all the dlc and 2 new pieces of dlc. bargain.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:53 am

Dale White wrote:If any of you fancy RE 7 get it now off shopto, it's 30 quid for the gold edition with all the dlc and 2 new pieces of dlc. bargain.

This. Best thing I've played this year and just BEGS for the VR kit. Anyone wavering on that, this is the fucker. You will form traumatic memories like nothing else you've played.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:18 am

Dale, Evil Within 2 demo out if you're interested.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:49 am

Do you lot ever play owt that doesn't make you soil your pants?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:24 am

Lately, my available time has been pretty evenly spread over RE7, Farpoint, Raw Data, Doom VFR, Dirt VR, and Driveclub VR. A little Arizona Sunshine and Rez Infinite here and there. Only the first is really properly scary, the rest are just heart pounding.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Dale, Evil Within 2 demo out if you're interested.
I got it when it came out mate and played it through 3 times, better than the original imho
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Ponte wrote:Do you lot ever play owt that doesn't make you soil your pants?
I have also been revisiting the original Resi lately, again the remastered version is fantastic, got 3 different endings up to press, the first version of this did make me jump a bit :mrgreen:
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:26 am

Bit of an old one but gog.com are giving away Grim Fandango Remastered (PC) free today, never played it first time round but if its half as good as the Monkey Island games it has to be worth a few hours at that price.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:37 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:Bit of an old one but gog.com are giving away Grim Fandango Remastered (PC) free today, never played it first time round but if its half as good as the Monkey Island games it has to be worth a few hours at that price.
It is very good.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Tommy

O/T gamers

Postby Tommy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Yeah that’s a cast iron classic. One of the greatest games ever made.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:30 am

The re master of La Noire is worth a look for those that haven't played it for around 25 quid.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:47 am

I really liked that one too. If you've ever fancied inserting yourself into Chinatown, LA Confidential or The Long Goodbye and don't mind virtually everything else about the experience being a bit jenky, it's well worth a go once it comes down in price.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:35 am

Bored me to tears, that one. Wanted to like it, but it's almost as dull as Heavy Rain and that kind of thing. Almost interactive TV. City is so empty...

Return to “The Square Ball”