The Dale White Gaming Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Dale White

Re: O/T gamers

Postby Dale White » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:12 pm

Playing the re mastered Okami at the moment, another bargain at 15 quid, it's a masterpiece but if you don't like Zelda type games you wont like it.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Got hidden agenda to try play link with the enemy, she likes detective sort games so it should be ok.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

sweeper

Postby sweeper » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
LSD&2Es wrote:
Dale White wrote:Horizon zero dawn, wow, just wow.

I am seriously considering this one as a birthday present to myself :)

This failed to grab me but looks very pretty. What's it nailing, Dale?

Apologies for quoting a post nearly a year old but I bough Horizon Zero Dawn for Mrs Sweeper at Christmas and it is brilliant.

She has always been a Tomb raider fan and this is loosely a cross between that and Far Cry, pretty much open world mapping and an engaging storyline (your character is a female warrior trying to battle machines that have taken over the planet)

Game play and graphics are superb,you can choose to approach things in a stealthy ninja type fashion or be more aggressive and create a shitstorm of violence. The array of weaponry is vast; Bow and arrows/spears/grenades, tripwires, ropecasters and more, all with the ability to be modified with fire/freeze/shock/corruption technologies.

The different machines behave in different ways, some just scatter in blind panic if they see you (which is dangerous enough) but other machines are right aggressive bastards and are genuinely scary at times. They all have particular strengths and weaknesses which means frenzied firefights and swapping weapons like a lunatic when fighting multiple enemy types. During the game you learn to control some machines so that they fight for you against the others.

All in all a top game if you like this sort of thing, something to while away these cold winter nights.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:58 pm

The dlc is fantastic anorl mate but it's a step up in difficulty, once you play through the game it should have you ready enough to survive. I'm waiting for my Shadow of the colossus to arrive , I have never played it before.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:50 pm

Just killed my first big bastard on S O T C, Cracking game. :cheers:
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Was just thinking about posting something here, then realised what I really came here to say was it would be nice to name this thread after DW in some way, he'd always check in on it. As above. :salute:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:34 am

Absolutely :thumbl:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Any of the original PlayStation folks, who remember being amazed by WipeOut, and have remembered or carried on with it: a 5 man team have converted the recent WipeOut Omega collection into VR as a free update, and it is hands-down incredible. Literally capable of taking your breath.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

AndyPaul

The Dale White Gaming Thread

Postby AndyPaul » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:48 am

Dale White wrote:If any of you fancy RE 7 get it now off shopto, it's 30 quid for the gold edition with all the dlc and 2 new pieces of dlc. bargain.

Finally getting to play this in between baby naps. Amazing game.

Definitely made me think of Dale :(

AndyPaul

Re: The Dale White Gaming Thread

Postby AndyPaul » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:50 am

Tweaked the thread title if everyone is happy?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:17 pm

AndyPaul wrote:Tweaked the thread title if everyone is happy?

:salute: thanks AP

Oh, and AP, if you can, borrow someone's PSVR and try RE7 then... Killer application, a high water mark.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:Tweaked the thread title if everyone is happy?

:salute: thanks AP

Oh, and AP, if you can, borrow someone's PSVR and try RE7 then... Killer application, a high water mark.

Think if I tried the VR I’d have use one of my lads nappies

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:59 pm

This being the aim, go for it :mrgreen:

After the first couple of hours of trauma, something in your lizard brain realises you're not actually going to die... And around then, you get some weapons...

Seriously, not to be missed. Evangelising I know, but it's right up there in my personal gaming history.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:23 am

Big fan of the God of War games and this new one looks amazing!!

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:11 pm

Not a frequent visitor to this thread given my ineptitude at most things gaming (bar Dirt Rally, a *proper* game), I'm in the market for a 'gamer friendly PC set up' that'll work well enough for Step Devi #2's imminent jaunt to secondary school.

To wit, I'm after a PC/laptop/notepad/tablet that:

- is good for homework etc. The usual MS Office stuff, I guess? Word, notably, perhaps ppt or keynote?
- is good for graphics: (some of) the Adobe suite - he's artistically gifted, and reckon that'll be where he heads edumakashunally, and perhaps above all...
- is good for gaming. He's bored of the 'simplicity of a PS4' (and frankly, if it stops the arguments with his PS4 addicted brother, I'll take that).

Im thinking a portable, with desk based monitor/mouse/keyboard, that he can take said device to his dad's / on holiday / to school / the kitchen table / sofa for homework etc, rather than the more static desktop, but as a Mac afficionado have little knowledge on the world of PC's...

Over to you, hive mind? What should I be buying?
I like it. What is it?

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:33 pm

Devi wrote:Not a frequent visitor to this thread given my ineptitude at most things gaming (bar Dirt Rally, a *proper* game), I'm in the market for a 'gamer friendly PC set up' that'll work well enough for Step Devi #2's imminent jaunt to secondary school.

To wit, I'm after a PC/laptop/notepad/tablet that:

- is good for homework etc. The usual MS Office stuff, I guess? Word, notably, perhaps ppt or keynote?
- is good for graphics: (some of) the Adobe suite - he's artistically gifted, and reckon that'll be where he heads edumakashunally, and perhaps above all...
- is good for gaming. He's bored of the 'simplicity of a PS4' (and frankly, if it stops the arguments with his PS4 addicted brother, I'll take that).

Im thinking a portable, with desk based monitor/mouse/keyboard, that he can take said device to his dad's / on holiday / to school / the kitchen table / sofa for homework etc, rather than the more static desktop, but as a Mac afficionado have little knowledge on the world of PC's...

Over to you, hive mind? What should I be buying?

Alienware, MSI, or Razer all depends on budget really

ETA: go for gaming capability and all the other things listed will be covered (unless you want to be really anal about it - and who likes a laptop in their anus?!)

Something like: https://www.johnlewis.com/msi-gl62m-7rd ... k/p3324830

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Yeah, what he said. Expect to pay an absolute minimum of £700 otherwise there will be some corner cutting you can't live with in the medium term. As its a laptop you prefer, you probably have to go further given they're not so upgrade friendly.

That MSI looks decent but I'd question whether 8GB is enough RAM? And a 1050 is only just coming into the more serious end for gaming, I think I'd want (and indeed have) at least a GTX1060. Then again, prices jump a little quickly, something to do with a weak pound and whatnot: https://www.ebuyer.com/802176-msi-ge73v ... 17c112-056

FER

Postby FER » Wed May 09, 2018 5:05 pm

Just found March of Empires pre loaded on my lappy. It's one of those MMO strategy whatsits. Anyone tried it out?
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:59 am

Any of you Xboners may be interested in this. Game & Smyths are offering 3 months gold plus a free £10 Xbox credit for £14.99
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:00 pm

Ponte wrote:Any of you Xboners may be interested in this. Game & Smyths are offering 3 months gold plus a free £10 Xbox credit for £14.99

cheers ponte. my nephew ought to like me a little more now.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Return to “The Square Ball”