Podcast Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Podcast Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Sun May 31, 2020 7:29 am

welshwhite wrote:Had an early morning call off Chubbs this morning to try for me to join in on one of the upcoming podcasts, we gave all possible attemps via different links a trial but even the very short time delay made it impossible.

Technonogy, eh. Oh well.

Was this the time delay between the gag and when it would've been funny?

Lots of folks struggle to adjust to live comedy rather than scripted, don't be hard on yourself.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun May 31, 2020 7:50 am

Blackwhite wrote:
welshwhite wrote:Had an early morning call off Chubbs this morning to try for me to join in on one of the upcoming podcasts, we gave all possible attemps via different links a trial but even the very short time delay made it impossible.

Technonogy, eh. Oh well.

Was this the time delay between the gag and when it would've been funny?

Lots of folks struggle to adjust to live comedy rather than scripted, don't be hard on yourself.

There was no humour intended whatsoever, I was just fishing.
It gets boring during these nice calm water days and the boat is in lockdown.
Can't let the rods get too dusty :thumbl:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun May 31, 2020 8:02 am

A Welsh post with no humour intended? Pull the other one :wink:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:06 pm

Because I like Frank Skinner and I like to try new things, been listening to his poetry podcast. Very good I think.
Poetry is not something I've read a lot of, I will read more now.
Well done Frank.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Tommy

Podcast Thread

Postby Tommy » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:29 pm

For anyone looking for a new podcast, I really enjoyed (for want of a better word) a relatively short serial called ‘Blowback’ about the wars in Iraq. It’s by former Chapo producer Brendan James and journalist Noah Kulwin. It’s presented in an informal manner and the various sound effects/samples etc do get a bit much at times but the actual content is compelling and well researched. Good for workouts or doing monotonous chores etc.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:27 am

I'm just catching up with the last couple of Phil Hay podcasts. I note that Moscow is no longer present and isn't mentioned. I don't bother with the other podcast because I'm not 16 years old but I do hope that he's ok and has just thrown a characteristic sulk :thumbl:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:40 am

Ontolly wrote:I'm just catching up with the last couple of Phil Hay podcasts. I note that Moscow is no longer present and isn't mentioned. I don't bother with the other podcast because I'm not 16 years old but I do hope that he's ok and has just thrown a characteristic sulk :thumbl:

Been missing for a few weeks.
Contractual issues with The Athletic?
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Tommy

Podcast Thread

Postby Tommy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:12 pm

They mentioned in passing that it’s purely logistical but in a way it makes sense given that Phil & Moscow are both professional writers. Four people on one podcast can be a bit much at times, particularly given that it’s ‘The Phil Hay Show’.

The Matchday pod from yesterday was very enjoyable, particularly given that I skip the ones where we lose.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:16 am

I couldn’t help myself, but TWENTY QUID on four cans of IPA from the money-grabbing attention-whores from the podcast.

It better be good.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:34 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I couldn’t help myself, but TWENTY QUID on four cans of IPA from the money-grabbing attention-whores from the podcast.

It better be good.

:mrgreen: I got to checkout then closed the browser windows, they've emailed me to tell me its not too late. It's the £1+ per can postage which stopped me completing. Let us know if its good stuff.

topbin

Postby topbin » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:43 am

Yeah horses for courses - I've been in for the t-shirts and mugs, but £3.80 a can + postage had me baulking!

Noises are coming out that it'll be in all the North Bars - ordering a pint of Square Ball will give me a little rush!

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:17 am

topbin wrote:Yeah horses for courses - I've been in for the t-shirts and mugs, but £3.80 a can + postage had me baulking!

Noises are coming out that it'll be in all the North Bars - ordering a pint of Square Ball will give me a little rush!

A pint of square ball - it’s a curious beer over 20 years in the making from a small team of brewers whom often fall out over politics, Kalvin Phillips and ex wives. Occasionally fruity, often salty and can leave a bitter aftertaste for some.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:43 am

Did I really hear S.H.Dan complement the girl from North Brewing Co on her excellent cans?

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:56 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:Did I really hear S.H.Dan complement the girl from North Brewing Co on her excellent cans?

Where was this?

FER

Postby FER » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:23 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:Did I really hear S.H.Dan complement the girl from North Brewing Co on her excellent cans?

Where was this?

On the latest Poddy. I can't confirm this though, as I fast forward all the money grabbing whoring around they do and stick to the good stuff.
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:26 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one whose eyes watered at the cost of the cans. Will pass thanks and try and pick up a pint next time I’m in the city
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:08 pm

Please direct any comments on the price of beer today to the brewery, please :mrgreen:

Dunno if it makes any difference, but the discount code SQUAREBALL10 gets 10 per cent of orders from their webshop. I believe it's not just on the TSB beer, so if you wanted to buy whatever their cheapest booze is instead, you can get 10 per cent off anything they're selling using that.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Podcast Thread

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:00 pm

Just got round to checking out the beer and it’s sold out already [emoji45]

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:01 pm

moscowhite wrote:Please direct any comments on the price of beer today to the brewery, please :mrgreen:

Dunno if it makes any difference, but the discount code SQUAREBALL10 gets 10 per cent of orders from their webshop. I believe it's not just on the TSB beer, so if you wanted to buy whatever their cheapest booze is instead, you can get 10 per cent off anything they're selling using that.

NOW he tells us
HM Collector Of Parcels

Return to “The Square Ball”