Podcast Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Wakefield White

Re: Podcast Thread

Postby Wakefield White » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:18 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:
Tommy wrote:I've been thoroughly enjoying the Podcast since it came back and I noticed that there's also a new paid version on the cards called the Extra Ball. Good news indeed for people like me who listen to Podcasts roughly 12 hours of every day but do I wonder about the sustainability of it once this rare purple patch of enjoyable football and comparatively innocuous ownership ends. Must be hard work even when we're doing well but producing two podcasts when we're inevitably not will be some rough chuckles.

I dunno, I think it works even better as a product when it's outraged or ridiculing something. Adryan would just be a footnote in history without the pod

Also, people will sign up now and probably just forget about the £5ish direct debit. So they’ll get paid even if they churn out an hour of dross (which they won’t).
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:28 am

i think it's 110% right that people get paid for something they put good time into & that provides value to listeners, though, given past struggles to put out one pod per week [or per month, even], having an extra one feels like a questionable decision to me... better just to have patreons for the main thing who occasionally get mentioned during the pod/who maybe get an occasional chance to interact somehow, e.g. vote on something, be interviewed, etc?

topbin

Postby topbin » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:02 am

the flying pig wrote:i think it's 110% right that people get paid for something they put good time into & that provides value to listeners, though, given past struggles to put out one pod per week [or per month, even], having an extra one feels like a questionable decision to me... better just to have patreons for the main thing who occasionally get mentioned during the pod/who maybe get an occasional chance to interact somehow, e.g. vote on something, be interviewed, etc?

Nah, I'm fully behind the approach. The main one is the main one, with adverts, standard ongoing stuff, KBVOTF and AHHOTF etc. The second one for those who want to help with the costs and/maybe want some more pods from them. Plus if they are going to be putting time investment into it, they'll be more pushed towards consistency of output timing if they know people are actually paying for it.

Moscow does his own Patreon thing as well which everyone should get fully on board on, it's sensational stuff.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:32 am

the flying pig wrote:given past struggles to put out one pod per week [or per month, even]

I think this was logistics rather than lack of desire to do one.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:55 pm

Enjoyed it, though I was a bit disappointed my question for Dan on when he was going to come back to the forum didn’t make the cut :(

Wasn’t sure the Warnock or Warnot was quite as thrilling enough to warrant the cliffhanger treatment but the board game segment was far more entertaining than it had any right to be :mrgreen:

Keep it up gents
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Where do you cunts find the time. Now my commute is short I'd have to save up months worth then never sleep on a journey.

I'm not the natural audience for radio or casts TBH.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:35 am

My attention span is so bad now that I would consider a job where I can't continuously absorb media to be vaguely akin to a violation of human rights. I have to have constant stimuli or I go into panic.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:50 am

Tommy wrote:My attention span is so bad now that I would consider a job where I can't continuously absorb media to be vaguely akin to a violation of human rights. I have to have constant stimuli or I go into panic.

I think this might be underlying some of your anxiety issues.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:14 am

Aye you reckon? :wink:

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:10 pm

I listen to the TSB, Talking Shutt and YEP podcasts while walking to work. All three are very good but I think Phil Hay's is the best, and dare I say Talking Shutt pushing our lot into third? More football and fewer attempts to be controversial on the other two. Perhaps I'm getting old, but Moscow is quality so he doesn't need to swear after every sentence to get his point across...

There. I said it.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:18 pm

Not a big fan of TS. Enjoyed it to begin with but once TSB and YEP started up regularly I found the gap in quality (production and content) was such to force out of my regular rotation
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:21 pm

You might be right. I only ever listen to TS after the other two and still haven't finished their latest effort...

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:44 pm

Ls11 was good this week with Danny mills as guest. Only just started podcasting while at work to drown out the other imbeciles in my lab

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:50 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:Ls11 was good this week with Danny mills as guest. Only just started podcasting while at work to drown out the other imbeciles in my lab

Didn't realise you were lab based over there. What's your jam?

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:59 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Didn't realise you were lab based over there. What's your jam?

Electronics Lab, not science stuff. Not sure why they call it a lab :lol:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:08 pm

Cos it's science.

I am still a little amazed at how little as a species we understand about how some of our coolest stuff actually works :lol:

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:22 am

Blackwhite wrote:Cos it's science.

I am still a little amazed at how little as a species we understand about how some of our coolest stuff actually works :lol:

Don't talk to him when he's had a shitty Friday, he sometimes doesn't understand how it works either :scratch: :lol:
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:25 pm

Despite my reservations I sometimes listen to this squareball podcast and have started to do so now that I have it come through on my phone automatically (down with the kids). It can be tedious of course but they are Leeds so let it slide and everyone's a critic. I hear them speak of an extra podcast that I can pay for and that makes me scratch my head and think like why the fuck would I pay for more of this when this is more than enough but I accept that's just my cynical nature.
So I thought I might subscribe anyway to encourage them and that Moscow isn't too bad. I didn't seem able to get to the main site from this site or have I got that wrong? I know it works the other way?
It is a pisspoor business model though and I haven't subscribed. They should charge for the whole thing and offer a mug for any subscription of a year in advance. They can have that one for free :thumbl:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:33 pm

The LS11 podcast (available from iTunes audioboom etc) has an interview with Howard Wilkinson this week. I'm not sure I like Howard as a character much, he reminds me too much of my father in law!! An interesting listen

https://audioboom.com/posts/7231040-ls11-extra-howard-wilkinson

ChinaWhite

Postby ChinaWhite » Thu May 16, 2019 2:08 am

Don’t know how the guys managed to put that together and get it out after the game last night but it definitely helped. Even made me crack a smile once or twice.

Had to leave early for work for the same reason they didn’t want to go home though. My missus was being far to nice without understanding a thing - can’t fault her for trying.

Return to “The Square Ball”