Podcast Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
moscowhite

Re: Podcast Thread

Postby moscowhite » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:15 am

Blackwhite wrote:You quit TCT?

Yep! About six weeks ago, because... reasons. The upside is that I've got a 'proper' deal to write a 'proper' book (about Leeds United again), so I'm about to crack on with that.

The downside is that there's no money in writing books and what I'll get won't kick in for over a year/eighteen months, so I've moved match reports/TSB Week to The Square Ball and I'm using that Patreon site to encourage people to pay for them if they enjoy them (which seems to have upset someone on Twitter this morning but anyway). From 50p a week, then upwards for optional 'extras'. https://www.patreon.com/MoscowhiteTSB. Sales pitch over :mrgreen:

MightyWhite wrote:Have to say the Supporters Trust podcast is very good as far as Squareball replacements go

I've only dipped in and out so far (listening to another LUFC podcast just makes me upset about the TSB one) but it's pretty darned good. Newest one has TSB contributor Andy P on it --> https://www.leedsunitedtrust.com/all-ne ... the-north/

I'm optimistic about the TSB one coming back in weeks not months, but until it happens it hasn't happened, so don't get the bunting out yet.
'If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance.' - Johan Cruyff

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:25 am

You need to find a way onto Hawksbee and Jacobs or similar as the writer of one book and custodian of award winning fanzine/podcasts talking about the difficulty of making a living from independent sports journalism.

They love that sort of shizzle and it would sell a few subs one would imagine.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:09 am

I noticed the move to this site, that explains it. Best of luck, obviously.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:40 pm

Podcast back! For how long we'll see! Still good stuff no matter what form it's in

BC

Postby BC » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Podcast goes - Leeds come good. Podcast returns aaand...

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:42 am

Good to see you lazy cunts have sorted out another podcast.

I have, though, a technical question: did I miss part 2 of #100? Or did you just fucking forget to bastard do it?
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:08 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:Good to see you lazy cunts have sorted out another podcast.

I have, though, a technical question: did I miss part 2 of #100? Or did you just fucking forget to bastard do it?

Part two of #100: because the recorded sound was so awful the amount of labour involved in making it listenable delayed things so much we decided to just move forward to the next one.

We've not exactly been snappy getting this episode out either (it was recorded last Monday) but, eh, logistics. We're gradually getting back into the swing of things.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:15 pm

moscowhite wrote:
Man Called Sun wrote:Good to see you lazy cunts have sorted out another podcast.

Part two of #100: because the recorded sound was so awful the amount of labour involved in making it listenable delayed things so much we decided to just move forward to the next one.

We've not exactly been snappy getting this episode out either (it was recorded last Monday) but, eh, logistics. We're gradually getting back into the swing of things.

I will bring myself to forgive you, in time.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:21 pm

FAO podcast cunts.
I may be getting involved in doing one of these things myself (not about LUFC, gladly).

I recall someone (Chubbington?) explaining the kind of kit/software you use, although I’m fucked if I can find it on this thread. Is there owt you’d recommend? (Other than staying clear, obvs).

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:37 pm

Lazy fuckers have done two podcasts.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

thechubbyone

Postby thechubbyone » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:41 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:FAO podcast cunts.
I may be getting involved in doing one of these things myself (not about LUFC, gladly).

I recall someone (Chubbington?) explaining the kind of kit/software you use, although I’m fucked if I can find it on this thread. Is there owt you’d recommend? (Other than staying clear, obvs).

Sorry mate, only just seen this. We use the following:

Allen and Heath Zed 10 mixer
MXL 990 condenser mic

We bought desktop stands for the mics, but given the chance again I'd probably go for a suspension stand (google it) as it's more flexible.

All pretty simple to use, though we haven't a clue what 90% of the knobs on the mixer actually do!

moscowhite

Postby moscowhite » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 am

thechubbyone wrote:All pretty simple to use, though we haven't a clue what 90% of the knobs on the mixer actually do!

...which is why the latest podcast sounded shit :thumbl:

I also meant to answer this, or at least had it in mind to check what the mixer was when we recorded this week. But then I made such a balls of the sound I thought my advice was better shoved up my arse.

When the gear is used right it works well, though, I just need to get the hang of it. It is simple stuff really. For software, I use a Macbook, recording into Audio Hijack 3. I use Fission to chop stuff out (for Patreon I record all my match reports/columns as podcasts, so this is the stage where I delete mistakes) then put all the bits together and add intro/outro in Audacity. You could do all the editing in Audacity, which is free, and save the cash on FIssion — I already had it and like it, so I keep it in the workflow.

Man Called Sun

Postby Man Called Sun » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:57 am

Thank you gents, it’s appreciated. :salute: :dj:

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:24 pm

Enjoyed the latest two parter, good effort Moscow et al.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:53 pm

Just listened to part one and the badge has been skilfully avoided. Good to have pods coming though again

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:20 pm

Fuck me, they have actually done one.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:26 pm

Who’s the random they’ve got hosting it?
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:31 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Who’s the random they’ve got hosting it?

Some dj from a local radio station, think he was cheap.
Hmmm.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:03 am

I've been thoroughly enjoying the Podcast since it came back and I noticed that there's also a new paid version on the cards called the Extra Ball. Good news indeed for people like me who listen to Podcasts roughly 12 hours of every day but do I wonder about the sustainability of it once this rare purple patch of enjoyable football and comparatively innocuous ownership ends. Must be hard work even when we're doing well but producing two podcasts when we're inevitably not will be some rough chuckles.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:09 am

Tommy wrote:I've been thoroughly enjoying the Podcast since it came back and I noticed that there's also a new paid version on the cards called the Extra Ball. Good news indeed for people like me who listen to Podcasts roughly 12 hours of every day but do I wonder about the sustainability of it once this rare purple patch of enjoyable football and comparatively innocuous ownership ends. Must be hard work even when we're doing well but producing two podcasts when we're inevitably not will be some rough chuckles.

I dunno, I think it works even better as a product when it's outraged or ridiculing something. Adryan would just be a footnote in history without the pod

Return to “The Square Ball”