Football Finances

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Football Finances

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:19 pm

So when is someone going to do something about Citeh?

Leaked docs

Story.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ontolly

Football Finances

Postby Ontolly » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:11 pm

Blackwhite wrote:So when is someone going to do something about Citeh?

Leaked docs

Story.

I’m letting this slide as we are still technically in Europe but my ancestors didn’t fight in the war (probably) so that you could be posting things in German. Sort it out or as that bore might say in his other guise;

Schadenfreude

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:58 pm

Get a better browser that offers to clumsily translate it for you. Or don't, either really. Apologies, or not, whatever. :thumbl:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:39 pm

The numbers being reported in the press today about Championship finances are beyond ridiculous

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:31 pm

£1.2 million.

Per WEEK?

Ooof.
I like it. What is it?

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:42 pm

Devi wrote:£1.2 million.

Per WEEK?

Ooof.

that'll be around £65m loss a year. not bad when our entire turnover is under half of that. financial fair play my arse. and now shaun harvey is looking for a job with the premier league :lol: :burnley: :shake1:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:49 pm

Quiffy wrote:...shaun harvey is looking for a job with the premier league...

is he?

i should think he's knocking on a closed door there.

the PL doesn't have many principles or standards, but underselling TV rights in the way that penfold did with the FL equivalent is, completely, anathema to it.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:14 pm

no kidding.

increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:46 pm

Quiffy wrote:no kidding.

Oh Jesus, just imagine...

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:58 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Oh Jesus, just imagine...

Typical if it happened just as we get promoted. Can’t get rid of the c.

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:15 pm

Unfortunately, that's the FA chief exec role he's being considered for. So promotion or not, we'd be stuck with him regardless.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Cycling 500km for The Stroke Association - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Adam-Yeadon1
Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu May 23, 2019 9:31 pm

Reading turn for SwissRamble

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Fri May 24, 2019 9:32 am

You get what you pay for with the notable exceptions of Sheff Utd at one end, and Sunderland at the other.
#MOT #GAWA

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat May 25, 2019 8:42 am

Gibson at Boro suing Derby over financial fiddles: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... financial/

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat May 25, 2019 9:31 am

Huddersfield receive 10M for each of their TV appearances this season, we receive 2.4M after appearing on Sky 24 times. Not news to any of us but still friggin ridiculous.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sat May 25, 2019 10:14 am

Wouldn’t have mattered if Hudds appeared 50 times, they’d have still got the same money, as they finished last.

Edit: PL teams get £1.1m a match so the disparity is still glaringly different as you note.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:15 am

dirty leeds wrote:Gibson at Boro suing Derby over financial fiddles: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... financial/

Cant see any outcome from this other than Gibson looking a bit of a twat and the accusation of sour grapes.

He is right of course, it is a complete fiddle allowing Derby to continually overspend without having to follow the same restrictions as the majority. They would have been horrifically short of FFP without the massive inflated sale of their stadium back to themselves.

Gibson has been quite happy to blow everyone else out of the water financially though and gamble on the fact that it would not catch up with them as inevitable promotion would take care of it all.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat May 25, 2019 11:18 am

Tycipa wrote:Wouldn’t have mattered if Hudds appeared 50 times, they’d have still got the same money, as they finished last.

Edit: PL teams get £1.1m a match so the disparity is still glaringly different as you note.

Aye. You're still correct. That was the distribution of income. Every EPL club actually receives £12.3million for being involved in 10 TV matches with an additional £1.1million for each game on top of that. Which I guess means Sky have to show clubs 10x, otherwise Huddersfield probably wouldn't have been on at all.

Championship clubs recieve £100K for every home game, £120K for a Sunday game and £140K for Thursday games. Away clubs receive 10k. So we actually end up with less than 1.5M for our 24 games on Sky.

To finish the comparison we'll receive a total of about 8M for this season compared to Huddersfields 96M, but I suppose the parachute payments are even more unfair considering how much money teams that finished below us in the league system will receive, and all to avoid a repeat of our fall from grace when relegation meant certain bankruptcy..

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:15 am

:puker: FFP

As per Villans, Sheep shaggers now Windies Owner bought the ground for 60M to cover losses, wage bill & overspend
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48964055
Without the sale of the ground, Wednesday would have posted a pre-tax 2017-18 loss of £35.4m.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:03 am

sunshine whites wrote::puker: FFP

As per Villans, Sheep shaggers now Windies Owner bought the ground for 60M to cover losses, wage bill & overspend
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48964055
Without the sale of the ground, Wednesday would have posted a pre-tax 2017-18 loss of £35.4m.

and they were still shit last year. just shows spending too much is no guarantee of anything except debt.

Return to “The Square Ball”