Football Finances

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
the flying pig

Re: Football Finances

Postby the flying pig » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:03 pm

Tommy wrote:They'll survive again though.

yeah, I dunno, feels like about a coin flip to me.

villa are dead as dead can be, the mackems a good halfway there, the barcodes, yeah, there are certainly enough relatively weak teams down there to give them hope but, yeah, it won't be easy for them.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Would love to see them go down this year. Brady, Gold and Sullivan are three of the biggest cunts around.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Millwall one of the clubs I dislike the most, obviously, but what's been happening to them lately - if anyone's been following it - is outrageous. Basically a load of their land was due to be compulsorily purchased for development and the chief exec of Lewisham had an interest in the development. Anyway, following a number of questions and investigations, the plan has gone tits up. Good.

Kind of ironic of course that they were campaigning to stay in Lewisham when they were originally from Millwall itself, north of the river.

Meanwhile, Everton involved in some ownership sharp practices.

FER

Postby FER » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:56 pm

15/16 Accounts as reported by Hay. £9 loss on the year.
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:21 pm

FER wrote:15/16 Accounts as reported by Hay. £9 loss on the year.

£9 doesn't sound so bad, £9m on the other hand...

FER

Postby FER » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:26 pm

I'm not doing very well today! Yeah £9m.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:30 pm

I've read the article now, doesn't sound too bad all in really. Take the exceptional one off out of it and then remember 16-17 will include the sale of Cook we're probably quite close to being sustainable. There's still a lot of overheads given our low wage to turnover ratio (relative to others) but then, for the most part those others seem to have been posting hefty losses (I think, now actually been paying too much attention aside from the odd tweet I've seen). Of course, 16-17 accounts could say anything given they include a takeover.

FER

Postby FER » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:57 pm

There's also the tweets from Hay, one of which shows (I think) page 38 of the accounts, which outlines the bonuses to be paid upon reaching the Prem. Think I saw £10m in there!

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:24 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Millwall one of the clubs I dislike the most, obviously, but what's been happening to them lately - if anyone's been following it - is outrageous. Basically a load of their land was due to be compulsorily purchased for development and the chief exec of Lewisham had an interest in the development. Anyway, following a number of questions and investigations, the plan has gone tits up. Good.

Kind of ironic of course that they were campaigning to stay in Lewisham when they were originally from Millwall itself, north of the river.

Yeah, I don't like Millwall much as, well, Millwall, but the few Millwall fans I have known have mostly been alright. My daughter's step-dad, for one, being an Oxbridge law graduate, is hardly the typical 'Wall fan. The blokes who used to fix my car, a Greek family who all support the 'Wall, are sound chaps. Danny Baker seems alright an' all, though I don't actually know him. The throat-slitting gesturing cunts are obviously filth, but, well, a lot of their fans do seem like ordinary S.E. London folk. Glad that particular move against them seem stop be foundering. Never want to go back there, though - except in the cup, playing our reserves, who stuff them 4-0.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:53 pm

This is reasonably interesting regarding how players are accounted for. Relevent in context of the long deals we handed out last summer and new contracts for existing players:

As far as I can see it doesn't go on to the downside in year 2 onwards if sales don't continue at the same or higher value season on season.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:28 am

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:10 am

We had the discussion about shirt sales last year after that arrogant Swede moved to scum, this article explains why shirt sales wont pay for Robaldo etc ....

The link is to a great Indy article about how transfers work..

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:13 am

jackos wrote:We had the discussion about shirt sales last year after that arrogant Swede moved to scum, this article explains why shirt sales wont pay for Robaldo etc ....

The link is to a great Indy article about how transfers work..

I suppose the best time then to sign a Ronaldo type is during kit deal negotiations. Will immediately translate into money up front.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:16 pm

This Gordon Taylor thing is mental.

His salary is much higher than the pfa's total spend on 'charitable activities'. Over 100 ex players are in prison (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... reers.html), many more down on their luck in various ways (alcohol, Alzheimer's, etc).

Time (many years ago) to get rid.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... layers-pfa

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:02 pm

It’s like the slimy fuck has looked at current players’ pay and thought ‘Yeah, I should be getting some of that’.

Prick.

junior

Postby junior » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:10 pm

the flying pig wrote:This Gordon Taylor thing is mental.

His salary is much higher than the pfa's total spend on 'charitable activities'. Over 100 ex players are in prison (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... reers.html), many more down on canadian grand prix luck in various ways (alcohol, Alzheimer's, etc).

Agree.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:25 pm

junior wrote:
the flying pig wrote:This Gordon Taylor thing is mental.

His salary is much higher than the pfa's total spend on 'charitable activities'. Over 100 ex players are in prison (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... reers.html), many more down on their luck in various ways (alcohol, Alzheimer's, etc).

Agree.

Cheers m8 :drunk:

FER

Postby FER » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:43 pm

That's a most magical post for a sweaty little ballboy cunt! I don't think it's going to get any better than that mighty opus!

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:55 am

A wonderful thread here on the Harry Redknapp effect on Birmingham's finances last season. 71% wage bill increase and £5m in year impact on transfer fees at a club which made a £16m loss the year before (pushing £40m loss last season). Why is he allowed to keep doing this?!

Return to “The Square Ball”