Football Finances

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
Man Called Sun
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:26 am
Location: The dancefloor

Football Finances

Postby Man Called Sun » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:43 am

Phil LUFC wrote:
gazurtoids wrote:Four seasons?!? I always thought it was two. I'm sure it was two when we went down. When did that change?

Last time they did a deal, when the FL was essentially forced to sign up to EPPP in order to receive anything I think. Think it went to something like 2 seasons at £16m and 2 at £8m.

EDIT: Seems its currently £15m then £17m then 2x £8m. It came in a year before EPPP was agreed too, but I think the PL threatened to withdraw it.

Aye, the premier league blackmailed the league, threatening to withdraw parachute and solidarity payments if they didn't vote though EPPP. It was outrageous, they didn't even euphemise it, I was shocked at how little anger there was at the time.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Football Finances

Postby the flying pig » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:10 am

Man Called Sun wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:
gazurtoids wrote:Four seasons?!? I always thought it was two. I'm sure it was two when we went down. When did that change?

Last time they did a deal, when the FL was essentially forced to sign up to EPPP in order to receive anything I think. Think it went to something like 2 seasons at £16m and 2 at £8m.

EDIT: Seems its currently £15m then £17m then 2x £8m. It came in a year before EPPP was agreed too, but I think the PL threatened to withdraw it.

Aye, the premier league blackmailed the league, threatening to withdraw parachute and solidarity payments if they didn't vote though EPPP. It was outrageous, they didn't even euphemise it, I was shocked at how little anger there was at the time.


mostly I think because not enough people knew about/understood the ramifications.

also, well, maybe it's not too bad in practice? it was trumpeted that there'd be a 'fixed tariff' [basically a set of tracksuits & a sack of balls] at which category A clubs could pinch any player under the age of 18, but this seemingly [I think??? someone else said so on here ages ago] if the category B-Z club has signed said player as a trainee pro [which costs next to nowt] after they've left school??? that's why no-one was able to take Cook [then still aged 17] from us in the January transfer window?? if it only applies to the very youngest kids then, well, picking talent at this age is such a lottery that the rule is maybe not the worst thing in the world? though you'd clearly feel it if your club somehow unearthed one of those freaks who even at 16 is obviously destined for the top, y'know, a rooney/Walcott/owen etc type.

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Football Finances

Postby jackos » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:12 am

Not sure if this is true, but even if it's not the situation is more evidence of how fucked up the game is, more money than ever and still top clubs have to cancel games and are faced with bankruptcy - meanwhile UEFA and FIFA sit proud in their ivory tower playing their sodding fiddles and smiling :cry:


Reports coming out of Italy suggest that Parma have been dissolved, just a day after the cash-starved club was forced to postpone its Serie A game with Udinese while an 11th-hour attempt to save the club was underway.

The club have reportedly racked up a debt of €197 million and were forced to call off Sunday's game because they couldn't afford to pay stewards to attend the match at the Stadio Ennio Tardini.

Owner Giampietro Manenti hasn't paid players or staff at the club, currently sitting rock bottom of the table with just 10 points, for the majority of the season.

But now that cash reserves have finally run out, the Italian Football Federation has been forced to dissolve the club and automatically relegate them.

Marco Luzzani
According to Parma youth team coach Hernan Crespo, the situation has gotten so bad at the once proud club that they can't even afford bottles of water during training sessions.

While no official confirmation has yet been given, it is understood that all of Parma's remaining games this year will be recorded as 3-0 losses.

User avatar
LSD&2Es
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Surrey

Re: Football Finances

Postby LSD&2Es » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:29 am

jackos wrote:Not sure if this is true, but even if it's not the situation is more evidence of how fucked up the game is, more money than ever and still top clubs have to cancel games and are faced with bankruptcy - meanwhile UEFA and FIFA sit proud in their ivory tower playing their sodding fiddles and smiling :cry:


Reports coming out of Italy suggest that Parma have been dissolved, just a day after the cash-starved club was forced to postpone its Serie A game with Udinese while an 11th-hour attempt to save the club was underway.

The club have reportedly racked up a debt of €197 million and were forced to call off Sunday's game because they couldn't afford to pay stewards to attend the match at the Stadio Ennio Tardini.

Owner Giampietro Manenti hasn't paid players or staff at the club, currently sitting rock bottom of the table with just 10 points, for the majority of the season.

But now that cash reserves have finally run out, the Italian Football Federation has been forced to dissolve the club and automatically relegate them.

Marco Luzzani
According to Parma youth team coach Hernan Crespo, the situation has gotten so bad at the once proud club that they can't even afford bottles of water during training sessions.

While no official confirmation has yet been given, it is understood that all of Parma's remaining games this year will be recorded as 3-0 losses.

Probably Cellino's fault. He's a convicted fraudster you know....

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Football Finances

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:33 am

If there isn't a fraud within a mile of that club's corpse, I'll be astounded. 197m? Fuck.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
MightyWhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Notts

Football Finances

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:29 am

That club really have no luck at all with their owners do they? Puts our tribulations on that front to shame.

User avatar
Tycipa
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: Football Finances

Postby Tycipa » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:38 am

I'm surprised there's no ham or cheese guy that can bail them out.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Football Finances

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:27 pm

Tycipa wrote:I'm surprised there's no ham or cheese guy that can bail them out.


The smart money's in corn.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Football Finances

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:06 pm

There's no Determinism in owner industry. Otherwise Scum would be owned by Fleshlight.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.


User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Football Finances

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:59 pm

Anyone going to this tonight?

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Football Finances

Postby the flying pig » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:54 pm

has some kind of watershed moment been reached?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -fair-play

User avatar
AndyPaul
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Football Finances

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:55 pm

Parma booted down to amateur level after being declared bankrupt.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Football Finances

Postby Ponte » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:05 pm

AndyPaul wrote:Parma booted down to amateur level after being declared bankrupt.

Should have saved some of the Brolin money.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
Man Called Sun
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:26 am
Location: The dancefloor

Re: Football Finances

Postby Man Called Sun » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Ponte wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:Parma booted down to amateur level after being declared bankrupt.

Should have saved some of the Brolin money.

The beeberinos have reminded us of their team from the 1999 UEFA Cup final. Some fucking team that.

Image

(I suspect there's a Parma forum somewhere discussing who was better out of Alan Smith and Robbie Keane...)
Float like a butterfly and sting like one.

User avatar
AndyPaul
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Football Finances

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:34 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:
(I suspect there's a Parma forum somewhere discussing who was better out of Alan Smith and Robbie Keane...)


I kind of think that ten years ago Parma fans were thinking thank god we ain't Leeds and now it's the other way round.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Football Finances

Postby the flying pig » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Man Called Sun wrote:...The beeberinos have reminded us of their team from the 1999 UEFA Cup final. Some fucking team that.

Image...


aye. i mean, it's not surprising that say crespo & veron ended up playing there, those two were [tho great at their peaks] fairly typical 'follow the money' types, but, i mean, some of the defence, buffon, thuram, & cannavaro were all 'basically hall of fame'rs...


User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Football Finances

Postby jackos » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:23 pm

CHAMPIONSHIP LOSSES BREAK £200M WITH LEEDS IN 20TH

INSIDER FOOTBALL FINANCE: CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB-BY-CLUB

Image

Leeds United
Company name: Leeds United Football Club
Owned by: Massimo Cellino's Eleonora Sport (75 per cent); Gulf Finance House (21.43 per cent); Leeds City Holdings [75 per cent owned by Eleonora and 25 per cent by GFH] (3.57 per cent)
Turnover: £25.3m (£28.6m)
Pre-tax loss: £20.3m (-£9.4m)
Net debt: Not stated
Total loans: £20.9m owed to GFH Capital; Eleonora Sport is owed £8.4m; Cellino is owed £1.3m; and Eleonora Immobiliaire is owed £2.5m
Wages and salaries: £20.1m
Bank: Barclays
Auditor: Gibson Booth
Y/E: 30 June 2014
Leeds' accounts make for complicated and pretty grim reading. The club lost a staggering £20.3m as falling gate receipts and TV revenue contributed to a drop in turnover. Cellino, who this year served a Football League ban after failing its 'owners' and directors' test', has since claimed Leeds were close to break-even in 2014-15 with their wage bill down to £10.5m. If Leeds get promoted before 2017-18, they will have to pay £4.75m to the liquidator of Leeds United Association Football Club Ltd.


I guess the info about loans is out of date after the deal Cellino did to finance the club?

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Football Finances

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:06 pm

jackos wrote:If Leeds get promoted before 2017-18, they will have to pay £4.75m to the liquidator of Leeds United Association Football Club Ltd.


Is it me or does that date keep getting later?

All in, there's not a lot to take from this is there? We were a shambles in 13-14, Cellino didn't really influence anything until that summer, and I'm not sure his efforts (inc closing TA for the summer and the canteen) would have done much to that years accounts. Presumably Diouf was on a fair wedge in this set of accounts, Paddy Kenny too.

14-15 accounts will be interesting though, presumably showing how the Ross money covered our player dealing and they generally came in for smaller wages than the outgoings (Brown, Norris etc on top of the 2 mentioned above).


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests