Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:48 am

Hands up who would eat veg grown on the top
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

JimbobMaloney

Postby JimbobMaloney » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:05 pm

125k! 'kinell - my mate lived in sissons street*. I wouldn't be paying that much to live round there - extra body or not!

*He died last last year, definitely not buried in his garden

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:16 pm

I wouldn't really mind at all, much, provided that it'd all been done professionally & there weren't any visually overly noticable reminders. Don't get me wrong, if there were two identical houses in terms of quality & price, and one was a burial site, i'd prefer the other one obviously, but for a modest but worthwhile discount [e.g. it perhaps wouldn't need to be as high as 5%] i'd happily go with the burial site.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:29 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:Please tell me it's the stone block in the front garden and not the inconveniently placed mud patch right across the middle of the back garden!

I was intrigued by the note in the particulars saying that part of the garden is rented from the Council. Logic would suggest that's going to be the back bit, furthest away, which puts the body closer to the house.

You'd have to go with a patio, wouldn't you? I mean, there's a glorious mythology around bodies under patios.
Member of a clique

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:39 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:Please tell me it's the stone block in the front garden and not the inconveniently placed mud patch right across the middle of the back garden!

I was intrigued by the note in the particulars saying that part of the garden is rented from the Council. Logic would suggest that's going to be the back bit, furthest away, which puts the body closer to the house.

You'd have to go with a patio, wouldn't you? I mean, there's a glorious mythology around bodies under patios.

Yeah, it has to be the block in the front garden, this is the house on google maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/@53.7422516 ... 384!8i8192

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:27 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:Yeah, it has to be the block in the front garden, this is the house on google maps:

Nah, not having that.

I see a front garden piled with random shite and weeds. It's definitely under the birdbath thing in the back. If you were to do this mad thing, I think you'd go for a bit more of a private space round the back.
Member of a clique

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:36 pm

It seems to have been pulled from all selling websites now anyway. Wonder whether the family have been made aware of the Twitterstorm and are having second thoughts? :mrgreen:
Member of a clique

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:58 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:Yeah, it has to be the block in the front garden, this is the house on google maps:

Nah, not having that.

I see a front garden piled with random shite and weeds. It's definitely under the birdbath thing in the back. If you were to do this mad thing, I think you'd go for a bit more of a private space round the back.

That was kind of the point, it means the massive concrete thing in the front garden is newer than the last Google drive by. Satellite image seems to show the same pile if junk at the front and the back looks similar to the Zoopla photo. Plus you would assume there would be some form of headstone involved at the very least. Round the front enables the family to visit after the sale, if they ever can sell.

Re your other post, couldn't find it on Zoopla but it was still on Rightmove when I took 5 minutes to do some research.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:18 pm

What is the law regarding the family's rights? As legally binding as a Do Not Disturb sign on a hotel room door? And have they buried him deeply enough or is somebody's dog going to have some fun? Can't tell if the side access is enough to get a digger in.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:32 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:That was kind of the point, it means the massive concrete thing in the front garden is newer than the last Google drive by.

Well, the conversation between (apparently) folk on the estate nearby, on the Twitter thread, was:

Member of a clique

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:36 pm

Blackwhite wrote:What is the law regarding the family's rights? As legally binding as a Do Not Disturb sign on a hotel room door? And have they buried him deeply enough or is somebody's dog going to have some fun? Can't tell if the side access is enough to get a digger in.

I know that the laws around exhumation are fraught and tightly controlled. God knows whether the family have rights.
Member of a clique

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:47 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I know that the laws around exhumation are fraught and tightly controlled. God knows whether the family have rights.

Cheers. Let's hope the dog is up on the deets.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:41 pm

Keep Fighting

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:38 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Portero problemático

:lol:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:17 pm

I heard about the (furore?) but never saw this interview :lol:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:05 pm

Found this idly interesting

Most heavily populated square kilometres in Europe. It’s a bit random in that the kilometre grid is pre-determined, so you might get a really densely populated bit on the edge of a park somewhere. A couple of years ago I know that the most densely populated council ward in the UK was one of the south Islington ones and that’s not the bit on the map.

But I was a bit blown away by Paris and Barcelona; it’s not necessarily true to say that high density means low quality of life, but 50k people in a square kilometre in a developed country seems unreal.
Member of a clique

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:13 pm

Jackos near or in one of those I think.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:21 am

If you take my house as the centre there are approximately 20 people in the km2.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:41 pm

This is fun. There’s a group on Reddit who have set themselves up to annihilate hedge funds by buying up stock the hedge fund has shorted.

Member of a clique

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:12 pm

It is kind of great.
Not involved but very willing to be, in the interests of stopping shorts from holding back human progress. Shorting some companies - useful ones, trying for good - in the way they do, for minimal gains, is like turning over boats on the municipal pond. I mean you could, but what a cunt you must be. Play that on Tesla.

Hedgies. Bunch of crooks.

Return to “The Square Ball”