Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
SimonB

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby SimonB » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:02 pm

OWETB wrote:Oh, and I know Ponte, been on jollies to Mexico with SimonB, had beer with Musta at an actual match and met others from here who don't post so much, so with that in mind - I'm Spartacus.

Ah Mexico two great trips :) hot chillis?

Have stayed at Ponte’s under a Barbie duvet after trying to strangle OWETB in a pub.

Not met Musta I don’t think but may have met his son?
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:03 pm

OWETB wrote:I once shared a room with Linda from Ripon.

Who hasn’t?
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:49 pm

SimonB wrote:
metalsmurf wrote:Finally the trains are running again so I will be going to the Bolton game via Tapped, hope to bump into Simon B and a couple of others just to confirm they are who I say I am.....er

Would be excellent to see you again mate, let me know what time as we have taken to wandering up to the new vocation bar and working our way back towards tapped

I will be in Leeds around 12, bringing my old man with me so will be calling in a couple of places that he used to frequent then finish in Tapped before heading down. So half 1-2ish
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:51 pm

metalsmurf wrote:
SimonB wrote:
metalsmurf wrote:I will be in Leeds around 12, bringing my old man with me so will be calling in a couple of places that he used to frequent then finish in Tapped before heading down. So half 1-2ish

Hopefully see you at tapped

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:50 pm

The most gloriously un-PC thing I've filed under 'well, you live and learn' recently; I bought another Alfa and happened to be reading some shit about the history of the marque and came across some stuff on the logo.

It transpires that the snake thing is a symbol of one of the major historical families of Milan and is known as the Biscione. As a heraldic symbol, it is described as:

(a) serpent in the act of consuming a human; usually a child and sometimes described as a Moor or an Ottoman Turk.

In other words I'm driving around with a badge of a snake eating a Muslim child, and a flag that's been co-opted by the EDL. Nice :lol: :shock:

It turns out that Alfa themselves would prefer to give it a bit of a spin about renewal and rebirth and all that shit. That's OK then.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:13 pm

You went all that way and bought an Alfa? Did it make it all the way back?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 pm

Blackwhite wrote:You went all that way and bought an Alfa? Did it make it all the way back?

He did eventually, via 3 garages.
Andymac

Rambo the randy pig

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:28 pm

Yeah but it's an Alfa. One of those marques that drivers get attached to, faults & all. Once you've had one...etc. i have the same problem with Land Rovers.

On the original point the Visconti of Milan were renowned as a particularly nasty set of cunts at a time when Europe was full of nasty cunts.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:48 pm

Rambo the randy pig wrote:Yeah but it's an Alfa. One of those marques that drivers get attached to, faults & all. Once you've had one...etc. i have the same problem with Land Rovers.

On the original point the Visconti of Milan were renowned as a particularly nasty set of cunts at a time when Europe was full of nasty cunts.

I wouldn't cry if you made me drive your Quadrifoglia home.... But I've a hard spot for Maserati...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Rambo the randy pig

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:59 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Rambo the randy pig wrote:Yeah but it's an Alfa. One of those marques that drivers get attached to, faults & all. Once you've had one...etc. i have the same problem with Land Rovers.

I wouldn't cry if you made me drive your Quadrifoglia home.... But I've a hard spot for Maserati...

Think we've touched on this before as fellow petrolheads in some thread or other. There is something about Mazzers that does for me too. When i was a kid in the 70's all my mates lusted after BBs & Contachs but for me it was always the Bora.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:57 am

Rambo the randy pig wrote:Think we've touched on this before as fellow petrolheads in some thread or other. There is something about Mazzers that does for me too. When i was a kid in the 70's all my mates lusted after BBs & Contachs but for me it was always the Bora.

My 70's bedroom wall choice was Lambo I s'pose, But I thought the Countach was too angular; I was all for the Miura and more than anything the most ridiculous 4-seater ever built, the Espada

Rambo the randy pig

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:02 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Rambo the randy pig wrote:Think we've touched on this before as fellow petrolheads in some thread or other. There is something about Mazzers that does for me too. When i was a kid in the 70's all my mates lusted after BBs & Contachs but for me it was always the Bora.

My 70's bedroom wall choice was Lambo I s'pose, But I thought the Countach was too angular; I was all for the Miura and more than anything the most ridiculous 4-seater ever built, the Espada

Totally agree about the Countach although when you look at now compared to modern Lambos it stands up well. The Muira, now there was a thing of beauty. Not sure that picture of the Espada does it any favours. "Does my bum look bog in this photo."

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Liked his turn at Davos, liking this even more. Wanna buy him large drinks.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:25 pm

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:18 pm

Not a link, but...

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:45 pm

went and saw this bloke in york last night. recommended :thumbl: .
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:58 pm

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:34 pm

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:02 pm

Funny old world

Return to “The Square Ball”