Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:15 pm

I just thought, as distinct from the mucky thread, it would be good to have a spot for entirely harmless random links, comical or otherwise.

These pics, for example, are insane. The whole site's pretty good.

Quite like this too, for no particular reason.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:59 pm

:D You're just asking for it now Eric :lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
OWETB
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:05 am
Location: Eating pig with the Prophet Mohammed

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby OWETB » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Blackwhite wrote::D You're just asking for it now Eric :lol:


Not really, I think its a brilliant idea for a thread. We can all now happily share how sad we actually are.

I'm not all beheadings and stuff so I will be contributing to this thread with some interesting links. I liked the Russian bunker, that is well fucking interesting.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby Ponte » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Good site Eric, I like this article.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
Disco Dan
Site Admin
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:07 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby Disco Dan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:50 pm

I can recommend a brilliant site, full of curiosities like the stuff above. I've wasted many a good hour on it. And no, Danny, it's not a site about young, dusky footballers.

http://www.darkroastedblend.com

A personal favourite from the site:

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/02 ... eries.html

User avatar
Krumpli
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:47 am
Location: Gill Sans Ultra Bold Condensed
Contact:

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby Krumpli » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:27 pm

According to Pittsburgh Pirates' Dock Ellis, when he threw a no-hitter in 1970 he was "as high as a Georgia pine" on LSD:

http://www.nomas-nyc.com/content/11-lsdnono

User avatar
Proud to be Leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:51 pm

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:31 pm

Want to know where your favourite hip hop track has been sampled?

Why not have a look here or here

I've lost hours looking and downloading.
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Cycling 500km for The Stroke Association - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Adam-Yeadon1
Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

User avatar
Dale White
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Rochdale

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby Dale White » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:47 am

This site is always good for a chuckle. http://www.engrish.com/
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:43 am

Proud to be Leeds wrote:Want to know where your favourite hip hop track has been sampled?

Why not have a look here or here

I've lost hours looking and downloading.


On musical ones, this is good for a laugh:

Truck Driver's Gear Change

Site hasn't been updated for aeons, mind. A truck driver's gear change is a completely pointless key change in a song when it is clear that the songwriter has run out of ideas and is playing for time. The classic example is going up a major fifth on a chorus repeat-to-fade. Think Michael Jackson / Barry Manilow.

User avatar
thechubbyone
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:18 am

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby thechubbyone » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:53 am

Disco Dan wrote:A personal favourite from the site:

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/02 ... eries.html

Daaaaaaaaaaaan! Stop fishing for more South America stories! I did a bike ride down that road in Bolivia.

User avatar
Disco Dan
Site Admin
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:07 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby Disco Dan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:12 am

thechubbyone wrote:
Disco Dan wrote:A personal favourite from the site:

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/02 ... eries.html

Daaaaaaaaaaaan! Stop fishing for more South America stories! I did a bike ride down that road in Bolivia.


You've been to South America? You kept that one quiet.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby the flying pig » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:17 am

Disco Dan wrote:
thechubbyone wrote:
Disco Dan wrote:A personal favourite from the site:

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/02 ... eries.html

Daaaaaaaaaaaan! Stop fishing for more South America stories! I did a bike ride down that road in Bolivia.


You've been to South America? You kept that one quiet.


'fraid so.

might there be a case for setting up a dedicated 'chubby's south american adventures' subforum, i think we're all getting sick of his tedious stories cluttering up the main forum?

User avatar
Disco Dan
Site Admin
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:07 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby Disco Dan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:24 am

the flying pig wrote:might there be a case for setting up a dedicated 'chubby's south american adventures' subforum, i think we're all getting sick of his tedious stories cluttering up the main forum?


I was actually giving thought to buying a new domain name for the site - chubbydidsouthamericatribute.com or similar - and moving the whole thing lock, stock.

User avatar
SimonB
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:54 am
Location: Peterborough
Contact:

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby SimonB » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:28 am

Disco Dan wrote:
the flying pig wrote:might there be a case for setting up a dedicated 'chubby's south american adventures' subforum, i think we're all getting sick of his tedious stories cluttering up the main forum?


I was actually giving thought to buying a new domain name for the site - chubbydidsouthamericatribute.com or similar - and moving the whole thing lock, stock.

Has Chubby been to South America then?
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

User avatar
thechubbyone
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:18 am

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby thechubbyone » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:33 am

Don't blame me, dan was asking for it. Sometimes he calls me at 4 in the morning asking for the finer details of public transport in Ecuador.

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby the flying pig » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:34 am

SimonB wrote:
Disco Dan wrote:
the flying pig wrote:might there be a case for setting up a dedicated 'chubby's south american adventures' subforum, i think we're all getting sick of his tedious stories cluttering up the main forum?


I was actually giving thought to buying a new domain name for the site - chubbydidsouthamericatribute.com or similar - and moving the whole thing lock, stock.

Has Chubby been to South America then?


i'm not 100% sure but i wondered if he might when i recently saw a documentary about a very remote village in the amazon basin that looked to have been recently rebuilt in a crude likeness of wakefield's civic quarter. my suspicions were heightened when i noticed that the villagers appeared to be worshipping a statue that seemed to bear more of a resemblence to kevin sharp than could possibly be a coincidence.

User avatar
Charlie Don't Surf
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:10 pm
Location: Masturbatorium

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby Charlie Don't Surf » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:50 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I just thought, as distinct from the mucky thread, it would be good to have a spot for entirely harmless random links, comical or otherwise.

These pics, for example, are insane. The whole site's pretty good.

Quite like this too, for no particular reason.



stayed in that hotel in Moscow ( yes I'VE been to Russia ) mad place, huge reception area with stairs either side, on every other floor on each side there was a vodka bar, and on every floor in the middle of the hotel a woman sat behind a desk presumably there to carry you to your room.

Had two serious fires apparently in its lifetime probably started by the sparks whenever you touched something metal.

Down in the reception bar Tuborg was £5 a pint!! One night we thought fuck it and had a pint, one of the most entertaining £5 pounds ever spent. Hookers were coming in sitting down snorting coke out of the palm of their hands, blokes were wandering in talking to the barman offering furs and huge blokes with long leather jackets were loitering around, one of them with a massive scar on his face, looked like a bullet hole, with half his face paralysed.

One of the girls in our group saw a couple shagging in the next door cubicle reflected in the polished steel ceiling.

6ft windows on the upper floors that opened fully with nothing to stop you falling out. Fantastic place.
BREAK HIS LEGS!!

User avatar
the flying pig
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 am

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby the flying pig » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:01 am

Charlie Don't Surf wrote:...I'VE been to Russia...


ooh.

i think that [one day] we shuold all fill out one of those maps that shows how many countries you've been to.

i just tried to tot mine up and got 37 excluding vatican city. not extraordinary but surely well above average?

User avatar
Charlie Don't Surf
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:10 pm
Location: Masturbatorium

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby Charlie Don't Surf » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:08 am

the flying pig wrote:
Charlie Don't Surf wrote:...I'VE been to Russia...


ooh.

i think that [one day] we shuold all fill out one of those maps that shows how many countries you've been to.

i just tried to tot mine up and got 37 excluding vatican city. not extraordinary but surely well above average?
BREAK HIS LEGS!!

User avatar
Charlie Don't Surf
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:10 pm
Location: Masturbatorium

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby Charlie Don't Surf » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 am

the flying pig wrote:
Charlie Don't Surf wrote:...I'VE been to Russia...


ooh.

i think that [one day] we shuold all fill out one of those maps that shows how many countries you've been to.

i just tried to tot mine up and got 37 excluding vatican city. not extraordinary but surely well above average?



Do Scotland Ireland and Wales count?
BREAK HIS LEGS!!


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Devi, Google [Bot] and 12 guests