Occasional statto attack

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mustafaster

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby Mustafaster » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:42 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Beep boop bip, WGUBNAFC

DO NOT POST LINKS TO THE YEP WEBSITE!
Swear to God that fuckin site will break the internet one day.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:19 pm

If you think I'm remote hosting scraped html just for your Spanish ass, you can get fucked.

Stop using IE, grandad...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:25 pm

Here's a good one - more points at two thirds stage of this season than two managers managed in a whole season last time around . :D

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:44 pm

Just updating this Championship milestone thing I've been chucking on twitter since Xmas, Ipswich max possible points is now the 61 we've currently got. I'm sure there's a point in the head to heads somewhere which means they mathematically can't win the league still but having checked it's technically possible for all of the current top 6 to finish on a max of 61.

Pointless as it was to check that, I found it vaguely interested that Norwich biggest remaining game is against 5th placed Bristol (this month, at home). They're away to Boro end of March and that's them done against sides in the top 7. We still have 3rd, 4th and 5th to play.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:08 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:Just updating this Championship milestone thing I've been chucking on twitter since Xmas, Ipswich max possible points is now the 61 we've currently got. I'm sure there's a point in the head to heads somewhere which means they mathematically can't win the league still but having checked it's technically possible for all of the current top 6 to finish on a max of 61.

Pointless as it was to check that, I found it vaguely interested that Norwich biggest remaining game is against 5th placed Bristol (this month, at home). They're away to Boro end of March and that's them done against sides in the top 7. We still have 3rd, 4th and 5th to play.

So, we’re fucked?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:16 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:Just updating this Championship milestone thing I've been chucking on twitter since Xmas, Ipswich max possible points is now the 61 we've currently got. I'm sure there's a point in the head to heads somewhere which means they mathematically can't win the league still but having checked it's technically possible for all of the current top 6 to finish on a max of 61.

So, they have to play two of the top 7, and we have to play three.
Hmmm...
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Mustafaster wrote:

Hmmm...

I'm still looking at it as a 2 tiered thing - the gap from 4th to 5th has eroded because of Bristol's improbably form but West Brom are far far stronger on paper. We have to play 2 of the 3 in top 4 with us, they don't.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:33 pm

Two at home, one away.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:35 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:

Hmmm...

I'm still looking at it as a 2 tiered thing - the gap from 4th to 5th has eroded because of Bristol's improbably form but West Brom are far far stronger on paper. We have to play 2 of the 3 in top 4 with us, they don't.

Yeah, I get your drift.
Personally I think we have nothing to fear from any of them. If we beat any of them it makes it all the harder for them, and a draw is much better for us than for them.
We are still in the boss seat, we can afford a slip up or two, they can't so much.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:16 pm

Mustafaster wrote:We are still in the boss seat, we can afford a slip up or two, they can't so much.

Yeah, fair enough really but given we'll most likely be 3rd by the start of our next game I'm mostly in the glass half empty camp at the moment. 1 point from 6 against Norwich and Boro was below what needs to be done, we've now got 2 games we must win before West Brom followed by Bristol (surely their run must have ended by then though?). As Eric said earlier, see how the land lies then.

Tommy

Occasional statto attack

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:57 am

There’s one of those prediction tables based on an unspecified algorithm going around on Twitter this morning and it suggests that the table will finish thusly:

I don’t know what the above is based on but I have to admit this ties in with how I’ve assumed things would pan out in terms of final positions for a while. This scenario presents the play-offs as being a rocky but not insurmountable challenge.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Occasional statto attack

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:43 am

Tommy wrote:This scenario presents the play-offs as being a rocky but not insurmountable challenge.

Glad to see you feeling so cheerful on a Monday morning, Tommy! You coming to QPR?

Tommy

Occasional statto attack

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:45 am

Frankly I’m sick of going to that ground, I seem to spend half my bloody life there of late.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Occasional statto attack

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:50 am

Tommy wrote:Frankly I’m sick of going to that ground, I seem to spend half my bloody life there of late.

Really, how come?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:53 am

Tommy wrote:There’s one of those prediction tables based on an unspecified algorithm going around on Twitter this morning and it suggests that the table will finish thusly:

I don’t know what the above is based on but I have to admit this ties in with how I’ve assumed things would pan out in terms of final positions for a while. This scenario presents the play-offs as being a rocky but not insurmountable challenge.

that's not unfair. blunts, boro, & bristol... we're not exactly talking 'the invincibles' here...

a strange [to me] thing is the way that Stoke looked so good against us & then just sank without a trace, getting hardly any points at all.

Tommy

Occasional statto attack

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:55 am

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:
Tommy wrote:Frankly I’m sick of going to that ground, I seem to spend half my bloody life there of late.

Really, how come?

I’ve been to this fixture several seasons running and also went to the cup match earlier this year too. Just need a break from it for a bit.

Tommy

Occasional statto attack

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:01 pm

the flying pig wrote:that's not unfair. blunts, boro, & bristol... we're not exactly talking 'the invincibles' here...

Agreed. It’s not beyond the realm of possibility that we might beat these teams (and also Derby) but I don’t fancy us against West Brom or Norwich, both of whom I suspect have our number.

the flying pig wrote: a strange [to me] thing is the way that Stoke looked so good against us & then just sank without a trace, getting hardly any points at all.

It’s the source of no little frustration to me that teams seem to raise their game according to perceived status rather than league position. Everyone seems to want to beat us because it’s us, whereas as we saw from this past weekend, lesser teams seem to capitulate to the other promotion chasing teams because they are sort of a shrug in the grand scheme of football.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:41 pm

Tommy's cheerful today!

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:32 pm

Now on 1.94ppg or 89(.2) projected total for the season. Considering our form of late, that's OK.

ChairmanMeaow

Postby ChairmanMeaow » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:56 pm

Looks like we’re mathetically safe if we win Tuesday.
Safe in Feb? Been a while

Return to “The Square Ball”