O/T idle thoughts on Leeds architecture

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
Tycipa
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: O/T idle thoughts on Leeds architecture

Postby Tycipa » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:45 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Quiffy wrote:thought it was considered rude to wear hats indoors


Someone commented this somewhere in the replies. Not at home, not in responsible company but fine in pubs apparently.

Back in 1954 you only took your hat off if there was a lady in the vicinity and of course he could be enjoying a beer in a men only pub, as there were quite a few of them back then.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: O/T idle thoughts on Leeds architecture

Postby Quiffy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:52 pm

Tycipa wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:
Quiffy wrote:thought it was considered rude to wear hats indoors


Someone commented this somewhere in the replies. Not at home, not in responsible company but fine in pubs apparently.

Back in 1954 you only took your hat off if there was a lady in the vicinity and of course he could be enjoying a beer in a men only pub, as there were quite a few of them back then.

weird shit the old days. so you took your hat off if a lady came in, but you wouldn't let them vote. i suppose it was more complex than that, but.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
Tycipa
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: O/T idle thoughts on Leeds architecture

Postby Tycipa » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:15 pm

Quiffy wrote:weird shit the old days. so you took your hat off if a lady came in, but you wouldn't let them vote. i suppose it was more complex than that, but.

1954 not 1854...all women had been voting for nearly 30 years by the time that old boy was having a sup.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: O/T idle thoughts on Leeds architecture

Postby Quiffy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:28 pm

Tycipa wrote:
Quiffy wrote:weird shit the old days. so you took your hat off if a lady came in, but you wouldn't let them vote. i suppose it was more complex than that, but.

1954 not 1854...all women had been voting for nearly 30 years by the time that old boy was having a sup.

26, if wiki is to be believed. the same amount of time between now and when we had deano and whelan up front.

time flies by
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests