eric olthwaite

Re: The creekit

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:38 pm

Marvellous stuff

Member of a clique

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:08 pm

I see that the new ICC Chairman has suggested that the World Test championship may not be fit for purpose and might be discontinued. This will come as a shock and a severe blow to those cricket fans who have been glued to the twists and turns of this event, which ranks only second to the Checkatrade Trophy in terms of worldwide interest.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Eoin Morgan apparently getting coded messages from the boundary at this evening's T20 dead rubber against the Saffers? Given his expertise and success as Captain, can't help but wonder if he finds that a touch insulting?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:51 pm

Tommy wrote:Eoin Morgan apparently getting coded messages from the boundary at this evening's T20 dead rubber against the Saffers? Given his expertise and success as Captain, can't help but wonder if he finds that a touch insulting?

It's fucking ridiculous. By all means, go ahead and fix things that need fixing, but there's no need to do anything here: the on-field captain is God and should remain so. It's an essential part of the game.

Anyway, it's only bish-bosh, so meh.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:42 pm

Dawid Malan becoming a short format gun batsman this year is a late game revelation that might actually eclipse Stuart Dallas.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:04 am

Having read the following report on the coded messages yesterday https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12173/12148477/englands-secret-signals-eoin-morgan-offered-information-from-balcony-by-analyst-in-third-t20i, I can't say that I'm convinced that third party analysis during an innings will be of great help. I thought the role of the Analyst was to pore over hours of video prior to a match or series, before indicating that Batsman A was vulnerable to a snick down the leg side in the early part of an innings, or squared up by a left hand bowler from around the wicket etc. Whilst the captain may have numerous aspects of the game to consider when in the field, I can't imagine he will receive much in the way of additional insight during the course of a batsman's innings and as Tommy pointed out yesterday, it's potentially insulting to a captain of Morgan's experience and possibly a distraction

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:45 pm

Captain Turgid... blah blah... The Thug... more blah... Buttler Fingers... further blah.

Just in case anybody's missing it, like.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:03 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Captain Turgid... blah blah... The Thug... more blah... Buttler Fingers... further blah.

Just in case anybody's missing it, like.

The Plough needs some runs though................

Return to “The Square Ball”