The creekit

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
kennyb41

Re: The creekit

Postby kennyb41 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:29 am

I believe it was planned as it was the best the organisers could come up with but the virus scuppered those plans as well :roll:

Ahh well best left in proper hands next time, you'll probably win by default as per. Hopefully it pisses down again, but they find a way of throwing 1 over each team throwing boomerangs at a non guarded wicket.

Be summat like that no doubt.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:17 pm

Vampire wrote:
kennyb41 wrote:Extremely poor effort by the organisers.

Fair call out, Kenny. Should have had a reserve day.

Or at least let your girls and the Indians settle it with a bout of tag mud wrestling in the wet outfield.
:mrgreen:

Steady on Harvey
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:00 am

metalsmurf wrote:
Vampire wrote:
kennyb41 wrote:Extremely poor effort by the organisers.

Fair call out, Kenny. Should have had a reserve day.

Or at least let your girls and the Indians settle it with a bout of tag mud wrestling in the wet outfield.
:mrgreen:

Steady on Harvey

I should add that Sydneysiders in the Bradman stand all agreed we would only watch if the wrestling bout was consensual.
:thumbl:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:10 am

Congratulations to Australia winning the women’s T20 World Cup.

I’ve watched a lot of this tournament and the improvement in the women’s game in the past decade is astounding.

The technical stroke play is now not far short of the men. They’re obviously a bit behind in physical strength and the big weakness is nobody can bowl much above 120 Ks - but the skills on display now make it an entertaining day out.

Congratulations to the players, the coaches, and cricket authorities for seeing the potential and investing in the game.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:36 am

Congrats Vamps by default, not wanting to take any gloss off your win ( yes i do ) the tournament will always be marred by the organisers failings over a reserve day.

I think it goes for more than just cricket, womens footy and rugby etc has improved to watchable now.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat May 02, 2020 1:02 pm

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Sat May 02, 2020 6:13 pm

It's always good to be top of a table but Test cricket is such a jumble of series with 2, 3 or 5 matches, that concocting a table which gives games played since May 2019 a 100% weighting as compared with 50% weighting for games in the two previous 12 month periods, is unlikely to mean much as not every country will have played each other on the same number of occasions. I'm not sure why there is a need to convert every aspect of life into some form of table. The only real item of note is that the last series between England and Australia ended in a draw, leaving the Ashes with Australia and England needing to improve if we are to regain the Ashes.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun May 03, 2020 11:21 am

Yep, never given two shits about the so-called Test Table. Only interested in who we're playing now and next. Glad the Aussies are looking decent, though, 'cause it's boring to play them when they're shite.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:10 am

Put the cricket on but it's rain delayed and Michael Holding has just delivered an impassioned and thought provoking monologue on systemic racism. Legitimately stirring stuff.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:11 am

Tommy wrote:Put the cricket on but it's rain delayed and Michael Holding has just delivered an impassioned and thought provoking monologue on systemic racism. Legitimately stirring stuff.

It was brilliant. Got right to the nitty gritty of it all.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:12 am

Tommy wrote:Put the cricket on but it's rain delayed and Michael Holding has just delivered an impassioned and thought provoking monologue on systemic racism. Legitimately stirring stuff.

The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey.

Sorry.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:50 pm

I just watched this. What a fucking man.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:12 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:

yeah. he's a beautiful man.

back as a kid i loved him as a fast bowler running in from the football (rugby) stand end boundary at headingley, later asa commentator with his love of the game and wonderful voice. whispering death. :salute:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:47 pm

Quiffy wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:

Thanks for that.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:51 am

Given that I've spent most weeks for the past few years of my life listening to various people talk about systemic racism at Fake Job, you'd think that I was less likely to be moved by the words of a former cricketer but I actually had to stop what I was doing because I'd become quite emotional during that speech. I wonder if it would have happened had rain not delayed play?

BARE-NAKED-LADY

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:54 am

Tommy wrote:Given that I've spent most weeks for the past few years of my life listening to various people talk about systemic racism at Fake Job, you'd think that I was less likely to be moved by the words of a former cricketer but I actually had to stop what I was doing because I'd become quite emotional during that speech. I wonder if it would have happened had rain not delayed play?

Saw this yesterday Tommy. Was quite emotional, to the point my brother called me asking if I'd seen it. He was really affected by it.
B-N-L

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:02 am

Cue some thick, racist cunt to step forward with a comment or a tweet about so-called 'black-on-black' killings being the "real" problem.
Because that's just what he did a couple of days ago.

London_White

Postby London_White » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:02 am

Been lucky enough to meet him a couple of times - was such an easy guy to talk to, spent most of the time asking me questions about the level I played at, what the match situations were like, pitches all sorts of stuff and very little about himself at all. Oh for an ounce of his talent (and a smidgen of his pace)

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:04 am

Tommy wrote:Given that I've spent most weeks for the past few years of my life listening to various people talk about systemic racism at Fake Job, you'd think that I was less likely to be moved by the words of a former cricketer but I actually had to stop what I was doing because I'd become quite emotional during that speech. I wonder if it would have happened had rain not delayed play?

In a sense I think it's more affecting when you hear from a well-known, successful and well-respected black man because it just doesn't immediately occur to you that he might have been so affected in this way.
HM Collector Of Parcels

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:11 am

Michael just put the last few hundred years of white cuntishness into perspective perfectly.

A fcking helluva lot to answer for has the white man - and its all there with ribbons and bows on when you look at the country that is the US of fcking A.

And we can't hide in the fcking shadows either.

Return to “The Square Ball”