The creekit

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mustafaster

Re: The creekit

Postby Mustafaster » Thu May 15, 2008 2:48 pm

Dale White wrote:
shooter wrote:
The High Priest wrote:As usual, Kevin Pietersen sets the example: he says that there is no way he would put money ahead of England. Well done, KP.

Errrmm, isn't he about as English as Nelson Madella? Am sure he never came to England for the money did he? :mrgreen:
His mum is English.

So's mine but I don't play for England.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Jovo Simanic

Postby Jovo Simanic » Thu May 15, 2008 2:54 pm

Mustafaster wrote:So's mine but I don't play for England.

You, er, play for the "other" side then?

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Thu May 15, 2008 2:58 pm

What about the other Musta's :mrgreen: ,N/Z now 104/5.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu May 15, 2008 4:05 pm

Adrian Knup wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:So's mine but I don't play for England.

You, er, play for the "other" side then?

Depends.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Fri May 16, 2008 12:39 am

Great decision by Vaughan to insert them. No team likes batting just after the rain.

What a player McCullum is. Stll can't accept that a slogger can succeed at Test cricket though. It offends my purist sensibilities.
The High Priest is working tirelessly to hold the congegration together in these benighted times.

Perseus

Postby Perseus » Fri May 16, 2008 9:06 pm

Doing quite well. If the rain holds off then there should be a poistive result with England in the box seat.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sat May 17, 2008 9:29 am

This keep going off for bad light gets on my tits,the rules need changing asap,you can understand them going off if it was sunny then went a bit dark but it was the same light all day ffs,Bucknor is the worst umpire for this anorl he's a right pedantic cunt.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Sat May 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Dale White wrote:This keep going off for bad light gets on my tits,the rules need changing asap,you can understand them going off if it was sunny then went a bit dark but it was the same light all day ffs,Bucknor is the worst umpire for this anorl he's a right pedantic cunt.

Bucknor was over the hill about five years ago. He's only kept on the panel because he's black, West Indian and has a bit of a cult following.
The High Priest is working tirelessly to hold the congegration together in these benighted times.

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Sun May 18, 2008 1:05 am

Bloody hell, did anyone catch Mike Atherton absolutely destroying Daniel Vettori in his Times column? That's the biggest slating I think I've ever read from one ex-pro to a current pro.

I thought it was thoroughly embarrassing. By no reckoning does Vettori deserve to be slated like that in a national newspaper. He and Athers obviously have some previous history. Athers would be better off admitting that than writing a toe-curlingly embarrassing open letter in a national newspaper.

Bang out of order. Vettori only did what most fellas would do. I'd like to know what Athers really has against the bloke.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sun May 18, 2008 9:11 am

Got a link to the article thp ?
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

H-Bombs

Postby H-Bombs » Sun May 18, 2008 9:46 am

Dale White wrote:Got a link to the article thp ?

I suspect this is what Phil is referring to:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 934749.ece

Interesting stuff. Obviously though, it just boils down to money. New Zealand players are very poorly paid, even the "stars" don't make a huge lot of money from the game. Then you're finished in your mid 30's and have to turn to coaching or get a real job. It's all a bit grim really. So I don't see how Vettori, Bond, Fleming or anyone else could possibly justify turning down the insane sums of money the IPL and ICL are offering for basically a couple of months easy work.

I really don't like 20-20. It's a bastardised form of non cricket, almost Baseball like but lacking the subtlety. It really is just a slogathon. But there's no doubt it's taking over either. The billion cricket mad Indians are lapping it up and money will take the players there. Already in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, Test cricket has been marginalised, with money spinning one dayers taking centre stage. 20-20 will just further remove the players from the proper form of the game.

Test cricket is dying.

I wonder though, if Test cricket falls flat on its face; where will the new stars come from? 20-20 is good at taking established players and parading them around while they slog the ball to all parts, but will it really breed new quality players? I'm not so sure.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sun May 18, 2008 10:35 am

Thanks mate,I agree with everything he said,if Vaughan had done the same thing he would have been destroyed by the media,I dont mind a bit of 20/20 but the ipl will die a death if it doesn't change to a 3 or 4 week comptition and you can bet your life the ECB's compo will piss all over it.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sun May 18, 2008 4:56 pm

A good ton from MV gives England a lead of 42 on 1st innings,over to the bowlers.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Mon May 19, 2008 6:32 am

I reckon Vaughan would have done exactly what Vettori did. Apparently a good proportion of MV's energies are currently directed towards getting a slice of the Allen Stanford 20-20 money (even though he doesn't play 20-20 cricket).

I think a greedy, calculating bastard lurks beneath the regular Yorkshireman facade.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Mon May 19, 2008 8:13 am

The High Priest wrote:I reckon Vaughan would have done exactly what Vettori did. Apparently a good proportion of MV's energies are currently directed towards getting a slice of the Allen Stanford 20-20 money (even though he doesn't play 20-20 cricket).

I think a greedy, calculating bastard lurks beneath the regular Yorkshireman facade.
That would be regular Lancashire lad facade seeing as he was born in scumchester.Stanfords compo has nowt to do with it and vaughan would not have done the same thing as vettori did,as usual you were wrong with your original point so you just start throwing mud at any fucker to see if it sticks.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon May 19, 2008 8:44 am

Simon Barnes asked a reasonably interesting if not massively original question about Vaughah in this morning's Times:

Is Michael Vaughan a very decent batsman who had a brief spell in which he could do no wrong? Or is he a batsman of classical genius who has been unlucky with injuries and other matters beyond his control?

Somewhere between the two, I suppose?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 958840.ece

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm

Dale White wrote:That would be regular Lancashire lad facade seeing as he was born in scumchester.Stanfords compo has nowt to do with it and vaughan would not have done the same thing as vettori did,as usual you were wrong with your original point so you just start throwing mud at any fucker to see if it sticks.

He is Sheffield-bred you dopey twat.

If a man is born in a stable, it doesn't make him a horse.

What a plonker you are.

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Mon May 19, 2008 5:01 pm

Just saw Mike Atherton conducting the post-test interview with a certain Daniel Vettori...

Athers was all effusive bonhomie. Vettori played a straight bat.

Wonder if they've sorted things out privately, perhaps?

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Mon May 19, 2008 6:14 pm

The High Priest wrote:
Dale White wrote:That would be regular Lancashire lad facade seeing as he was born in scumchester.Stanfords compo has nowt to do with it and vaughan would not have done the same thing as vettori did,as usual you were wrong with your original point so you just start throwing mud at any fucker to see if it sticks.

He is Sheffield-bred you dopey twat.

If a man is born in a stable, it doesn't make him a horse.

What a plonker you are.
Doesn't make him a Yorkshireman either,i wonder if you would class young Rashid as a yorkshireman,Nah didn't think so his fucking skin is the wrong colour.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

The High Priest

Postby The High Priest » Mon May 19, 2008 6:30 pm

Dale White wrote:Doesn't make him a Yorkshireman either,i wonder if you would class young Rashid as a yorkshireman,Nah didn't think so his fucking skin is the wrong colour.

I'd love to see you go up to Vaughan and tell him he's not a Yorkshireman.

I reckon he'd say: "And who are you, you fucking clown?"

Which would be bang on the money.

Return to “The Square Ball”