eric olthwaite

Re: The creekit

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Steve Smith 23.

:shock:

Devi

Postby Devi » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:55 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Devi’s there today, right?

Don’t fuck it up chap.

Doing my best not to ;-)

Currently run for shade (beer). Fuck me it’s a hot one.
I like it. What is it?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:00 pm

Two more today please, preferably one of them Wade. If you’d be so kind.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:06 pm

Sorted
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Well done! It's Devi wot won it.

Devi

Postby Devi » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Eyethangewe
I like it. What is it?

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:35 pm

wtf is with this 100 thing? root playing for trent, bairstow playing for wales. northern superchargers? is it 1988 again? it feels like the beginning of the RL superleague with all this marketing and ludicrous branding, for a game that'll probably be played in front of 3 men and a dog. what a load of fucking nonsense.

https://www.thehundred.com/news/1366687/-first-players-named-in-the-hundred-men-s-women-s-teams

i presume the ladies aren't plying against the gents, but they give you that impression.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:43 am

The Hundred.
A difference is expected - but this much? I had no idea.
Figures from the Beeb
Men
There are seven set salary bands, with up to two players to be picked at each of the following levels: £125,000, £100,000, £75,000, £60,000, £50,000, £40,000 and £30,000. Captains will receive a bonus of £10,000.

Women
The women's seven salary brackets are: £15,000, £12,000, £9,000, £7,200, £6,000, £4,800 and £3,600. The captains will receive a £1,200 bonus.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:22 am

Quiffy wrote:wtf is with this 100 thing? root playing for trent, bairstow playing for wales. northern superchargers? is it 1988 again? it feels like the beginning of the RL superleague with all this marketing and ludicrous branding, for a game that'll probably be played in front of 3 men and a dog. what a load of fucking nonsense.

https://www.thehundred.com/news/1366687/-first-players-named-in-the-hundred-men-s-women-s-teams

i presume the ladies aren't plying against the gents, but they give you that impression.

Unfortunately the media coverage and marketing aimed at kids will probably result in large crowds interested mainly in high numbers of sixes and will further diminish interest in County Championship cricket. As such, the breeding ground for Test players will become smaller. The ECB should have looked to improve the quality of County Cricket adopt a short term position by introducing another form of limited over cricket.

I hope the 100 dies in a ditch with other monsters but I doubt that will happen.

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:28 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Again

Tommy

The creekit

Postby Tommy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:20 pm

I’ve been reading lots of talk about how England will be considerably more resilient under Chris Silverwood, excited to see us all out by lunch.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:56 pm

Just watching the first few overs. This new test venue at Mt Maunganui looks like a tiny little club ground.

Fuck me, they just showed an LUFC flag in the crowd!

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:58 pm

Fucking hell the kiwis have no luck against us, must be about the thinnest edge ever. Can’t blame them for not reviewing it.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:01 pm

Wakefield White wrote:Fucking hell the kiwis have no luck against us, must be about the thinnest edge ever. Can’t blame them for not reviewing it.

Yeah, was hardly a flicker. They did it by the book on the call but sadly [for them] it turned out to be the wrong thing to do.

Tommy

The creekit

Postby Tommy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:30 am

Good start. Three fifties in the top order with Stokes, Pope, Buttler & Curran not out. Should be a four hundred score by lunch given the weather. Root still a concern.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:08 am

Wakefield White wrote:Fucking hell the kiwis have no luck against us, must be about the thinnest edge ever. Can’t blame them for not reviewing it.

Yep great to have luck on your side, nothing solid about this start and easy to look at things if luck hadn't been with you especially in cricket, Rory is riding his well atm and Joe can't buy it...

Burns - Caught for 10 had they reviewed, also split 2 slip catchers before his 50 and another slice of luck, so not a solid innings and again he'll keep his place.

Sibley- Started well and looked promising but they seem to have found him already and looks like he'll easy get out playing off (might be able to work on that in the nets) but i like the look of him.

Denly - Most solid and a good knock, do him the world of good. Stokes comes in still holding his luck and gets dropped by Taylor, so we're 241/4 and i hope young Pope has luck with him to get a confidence boosting 50 under his belt so he might kick on, but a couple of early wickets with new ball start and 250/6 is not so sweet looking, take todays luck away and give it NZ and suppose we could easily be looking at 141/4 instead.

But, such is life.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:01 am

Very slow again - and Root seems to be letting it slide at times, but he is making bowling changes.
Tho I heard criticism of Archer for not trying - seems odd with so few tests played.
Just a nothing pitch I suppose.
Maybe it will get better on last 2 days.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:09 am

Same old same old with the Kookaburra on our travels and without the luck in the first innings would be staring defeat in the face if we aren't already, won the toss and and the NZ batsmen have made the majority of our scores look v weak indeed, like i said that 341 could easily have been 241.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:44 am

Thank for the update, Vamps - I didn't see it.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:54 am

Seems they don't need that luck thingymebob whether tother team has it or not, ahh well there's always Sith Hafreeca to look forward to, oh fck that's away as well.

Christmas it is then.

Return to “The Square Ball”