The creekit

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
London_White

Re: The creekit

Postby London_White » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:55 pm

There are still about 25 overs left, give us 10-12 to face tonight is the sensible option.
Sorry to 'Brett out' but don't really see that as cowardice Eric. Hazelwood and Starc get five or six each at full tilt and can then come back in tomorrow morning for more of the same

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:41 pm

Aaaaaaaaand

Fuck. Off.
Member of a clique

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:48 pm

Jesus christ our batting has been shocking. The Irish test should have been the warning. Even when the Aussies have had reasonably poor teams in the past that have the mentality to put up a fight. This is pathetic

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:25 am

That gap between the Plough’s bat and pad was so big you could have driven a tram through it.

:lol:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:39 pm

Pissing me off now. Just lose FFS and get it over with.
Member of a clique

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:30 pm

Aussies the better team and deserved winners.

Hazelwood, Cummins & Starc are some unit and Smith the best batsman in the world.

Their batting lineup overall is poor though and will remain their Achilles heel.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:39 pm

rss1969 wrote:Aussies the better team and deserved winners.

Hazelwood, Cummins & Starc are some unit and Smith the best batsman in the world.

Their batting lineup overall is poor though and will remain their Achilles heel.

Yep, agree with that.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Good result for us. If we'd managed to get a draw and took it to the last test it would cover up how appalling out batting has been. Hopefully now it can push the powers that be to do something.

2-1 down to the Aussies with one to play is very harsh on the Aussies.

Devi

Postby Devi » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:35 pm

AndyPaul wrote:2-1 down to the Aussies with one to play is very harsh on Steve Smith.

FTFY
I like it. What is it?

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:44 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
welshwhite wrote:
rss1969 wrote:Laboosh or whatever his name is seems a good player but he is one arrogant little cunt. The Aussies seem to to grow horrible cunts in pods.

They're not all cunts, Brett seems sound enough :thumbl:

:lol: :lol:

How dya feel now bigoted prick ? Special ?
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:48 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Image

Stand up now fer thaself numptie......c'mon i can't fcking wait :cheers: ..what a fcking hero post huh...
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Blackwhite wrote:And still no Vampire.

Gutless.

Oh fck me look at this one....will he climb out one wonders?

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:57 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:He's got us all on ignore.

One to remember the next time she tries calling someone cowardly, or lacking in class, or a bad sport...

Gutless, no class, bad sport, bad loser, you name it. Delicious.

Oh ffs, fantastic.....fill yer boots Brett the stage is all yours......ya just couldn't script it.

:mrgreen:

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:38 am

rss1969 wrote:Aussies the better team and deserved winners.

We’ve been a couple of bats short for a number of years now, and that has been exacerbated this series by Warner and Khawaja being out of form, and also some poor selections. Burns and Patterson both made centuries in our last test match before this series yet strangely neither were selected for the tour. Burns as a right hand opening bat would also have helped counter Broad whose been successful against left handlers nipping the new ball from that round the wicket line.

As far as the future is concerned, however, I’m more optimistic about our batting. Patterson, Labuschagne, and Head look good prospects and have all made good test runs this year. Carey could strengthen the batting when Paine retires as keeper. And there’s some other good youngsters out there though of course no guarantee they’ll all step up. But I’m certainly more optimistic about our future batting than I have been for some time.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:05 am

kennyb41 wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:One to remember the next time she tries calling someone cowardly, or lacking in class, or a bad sport...

Gutless, no class, bad sport, bad loser, you name it. Delicious.

Oh ffs, fantastic.....fill yer boots Brett the stage is all yours......ya just couldn't script it.

:mrgreen:

Not worth it, Kenny. Walt knows even less about cricket than he does about football and I certainly doubt he’s been following the ashes or cares much about the outcome.

Anyone can see he only comes on this thread to snipe at someone he pretends to be ignoring. Which means he’s already made himself look a twat without any help from me.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:57 am

dirty leeds wrote:It's the English way. Got the Olympics? Make sure our potential medalists have the support. Also make sure a few of the best candidates have their finals on Super Saturday. Everyone's happy.
Cricket? We are shit at the ODIs. Invest heavily, turn it around... just in time for the WC in our own back yard.
Test cricket? Wot, you mean we haven"t been training up proper test batsman in time for The Ashes? Shit, we lost again. Must sort this out in time for...

I refer you all to my earlier post.

Root should not be captain. [Said that before they made him captain, too.]
Bowlers are OK; batting is seriously lacking. Proper cricket needs some attention. The shortest forms of bish-bosh are shite. [We don't need The Hundred.]

It could still end up 2-2, though. Which wouldn't be a fair reflection of the series, but there you go.

Whenever we lose to the Cobbers [or, indeed, lose the Ryder Cup], I reckon it's best to remember that unless they win sometimes we wouldn't enjoy it so much when we get it right.
And give credit where it's due: Smith is superb and should captain again. Cummins seems a decent sort anorl.
Well done to the Aussies.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:19 am

So, if you’d been given the choice at the start of your Summer, that you could win the WC or the ashes but not both, which would you have gone for?

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:26 am

Point of order. We haven’t lost the Ashes (yet). You have merely retained them.
I like it. What is it?

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:29 am

Or put another way, we haven't fcking won em, as earlier posts of Mr Mitty seemed to suggest.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:38 am

Vampire wrote:So, if you’d been given the choice at the start of your Summer, that you could win the WC or the ashes but not both, which would you have gone for?

World Cup all day long, we needed that monkey off our back.

For me this ashes (one ridiculous innings apart) has been a damp squib, too late in the summer, too weather effected, not nearly enough tight cricket to make it memorable. Pleased for your lads though, they’ve done a thoroughly professional job. We could learn a thing or two from your set up.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Return to “The Square Ball”